“A little oasis in the heart of Sorrento” 5 of 5 stars

B&B DolceVita
Via San Cesareo 64, 80067 Sorrento, Italy   |
Ranked #17 of 98 Sorrento B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“A little oasis in the heart of Sorrento”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

Our Superior room was so quiet and peaceful it was always a shock to walk out in to the bustling Via San Cesareo! This is the perfect location to explore the town and be able to pop back for a rest or to get changed. Our room had everything you could need with a very good sized bathroom and fresh towels daily. But the best thing about the B&B is the friendly and attentive owner, Ettore, who was always a real pleasure to chat to and gave us so many great tips. If we ever come back, this is where you'll find us!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
redwood city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We spent 10 days here, the excellent location in the very heart of Sorrento. My soul was singing as I opened and peered from the balcony overlooking the beating heart of Sorrento. The music and Life that sang through me from the street below will never be forgotten. Ettore is very friendly, accommodating, and helpful with his suggestions. We loved every minute of our stay and the only problem was we had to leave. Thank You Ettore, I will ♥♪♪Torno Sorrento♪♫ very soon.

Room Tip: our room was the largest overlookingVia San Cesareo
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Framingham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We had a great experience staying at B&B DolceVita in Sorrento. It's very centrally located and the room was really nice and comfortable. It's easy walking distance to the train and bus stations and the port. Ettore is a great host. He spent a long time with us when we first arrived and made a lot of very helpful suggestions about sightseeing. He also went out of his way to tell us about a big bike race one of days we were there and how that would impact getting around. I highly recommend DolceVita.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Me and a colleague stayed there for 6 nights. Don't have much to add to previous reviews. Very comfortable rooms, the shower is a bit small though (and remember to bring your own shampoo). Ettore, the owner, is very helpful not only in relation to your stay but also gives great advices regarding your trip to and around Sorrento. If you arrive by car you can park it at PARCHEGGIO STINGA which is situated on via Degli Aranci. the cost is 20 Euros per 24 hr.
I definitely recommend and would be back next time around.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I went on a short European tour to France, Czech Republic, and Italy in August 2012, staying at B&B DolceVita for 3 nights, and it was probably my favorite of the trip. First, the hotel is in the perfect location on a busy street (but not so loud that you're unable to sleep), walking distance from the train station (where buses also are), from the main square, from main attractions, and ferries (to Capri, etc.) and beaches and with many restaurants and shops in a close vicinity. Ettore is such a kind and helpful host and he even gave me a 15 minute "orientation" when I first arrived, explaining all about the inn, the area, recommended restaurants, how to get to Pompeii, Mt. Vesuvius, Capri, etc. Although the B&B accepts credit cards, we needed to go to his cousin's B&B to use his machine--a little unusual but it didn't take long and was really a nice walk to see the nearby area. The room was incredibly comfortable with A/C, 2 balconies overlooking the fun street below, a huge and beautiful bathroom. I'm so glad I stayed here and would recommend it to all.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the main street.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
dolcev, Proprietario at B&B DolceVita, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Wow , thanks a lot for all nice things you told about BB DolceVita !!!! I really hope , day by day to do a good job and to help my guests to enjoy them holiday here in center of Sorrento. About credit cards , from about October 2012 we accept AGAIN every credit card directly in the BB. Yes last year i had ugly discussion with my former bank about the expensive fees they applied . i had to find an alternative way, but now everything is solved. Thanks again for your undestanding !!!
Muscat, Oman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

On my first night in Sorrento, also Good Friday, I fell and broke my ankle. Etorre, the owner of Dolce Vita came over at 11:00 PM to help with the challenge of getting to the hospital when the streets were jammed with people from the Good Friday procession. We took his advice and left for the hospital the next morning. He flagged down a car and spent the entire day with us at the hospital, even wheeling me through the streets of Sorrento in a wheelchair back to the B and B. the care and professional treatment from Etorre and his staff means I cannot wait to come back to Dolce Vita to enjoy his grandmother's house. It is in a perfect location in the center of town, has all that is needed, and Etorre goes above and beyond the basics.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My friend and I stayed 3 nights at Dolce Vita in mid October. Since I first booked in Feb this year, the owner, Ettore, was extremely prompt in replying to all the queries I had. When our train was delayed for several hours on the day of arrival, Ettore was extremely kind in waiting for us till rather late and assuring that it was OK. The B & B was conveniently located on a street that is lined with beautiful shops and restaurants and within-walking distance to the harbour (to catch the fast ferry to Capri), the Circumvesuvianna train station (to Pompeii, Herculaneum, etc), the bus station to the Almafi Coast and the laudromats. Our room was fantastic, spacious, clean and very reasonably priced (only 60 Euro per night, compared to the 110 to 126 Euros for our accommodation in Rome, Venice and Florence); the bathroom was large by our standards. Our room faced the colourful street, making us feel that we were really on a holiday; strangely, though the street was busy, the room was very quiet once we shut the the double-glazed sound-proof windows. It would be nice to have kettle or cups in the room so that we could make coffee; however, it was not a real problem since we could buy fantastic coffee and pastries just downstairs in the Cafe (for less than 2 euros). What made our stay memorable was Ettore, the perfect and friendly host who was was attentive and patient; though he does not live in the B & B, he seemed to be always around to ensure that his hosts' needs were promptly attended to. My friend and I agreed that of all the destinations we visited in Italy, Sorrento came up tops due to a large part to Ettore's helpfulness and his fantastic B & B. We will definitely stay at this place when we visit Sorrento again! (By the way, if you want a free-&-easy 2-week itinerary covering Rome, Sorrento, Florence, Venice and Milan, I would be most happy to share it with you --- about what to do, where to dine, where to day, how to move about and what passes to get). Ciao! Chris

Room Tip: choose a room that faces the street, which has very nice views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to B&B DolceVita? Share your experiences!