“Great evening” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 227 Restaurants in Sorrento
Cuisines: Italian, Greek, Pasta
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Mozzarella Bar - Taverna Mediterranea: Light, simple and creative, our cuisine takes inspiration from the traditional Campania Region gastronomy.Our Philosophy is to use only local and fresh products, in particular buffalo meats and cheeses.
Guernsey, United Kingdom
“Great evening”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

What a pleasure to find a restaurant (and a staff) so singularly focused on a 'food concept' such as this. Buffalo meat and mozzarella features heavily here, and both are excellent (the former was a bit of a surprise to me - I expected it might be dry) .

The food was interesting and well prepared, from the antipasti to the buffalo steak and pasta. Generally the food was simple but full of flavour. Everything tasted 'natural' in that there were no cloying sauces - just good produce.

The service was great, too - confident, friendly and knowledgeable.

Finally, the wine list was short, but perfectly fine - I recall they had a very good value Amerone which quite a few tables around us took advantage of.

An absolute pleasure - we will certainly return.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal ....buffalo carpaccio was superb. Excellent dishes. We were late and they held table for us. Great service.

The Villages, Florida
“one of the best in Sorrento”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We had an excellent dinner here - twice. It was so fantastic the first time that we had to return for our last evening in Sorrento. I had the Buffalo filet that was cooked perfectly. My wife got the buffalo beef stew that was outstanding. I could have eaten this every night. Very flavorful. The service was outstanding - our waiter Gaetano was funny and insightful in his suggestions. We also got dessert - more than we usually eat. The overall experience was so good we immediately scheduled to return later in the week.

• Visited September 2013
Zurich, Switzerland
“Very touristy and sub-standard buffalo mozzarella”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

So when I decided to go to a restaurant focused on buffalo mozzarella, I expected that they would have excellent buffalo mozzarella. If this is also what you are expecting, I recommending finding another restaurant. The food was fine and the restaurant had a nice, tourist-friendly atmosphere, but I would never recommend that someone go there for their mozzarella or for a really high quality meal. In addition, don't expect the waiters to care if you are not happy with your meal for some reason. I learned this quickly after I was served my first mozzarella dish that I wasn't happy with.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
“good service, excellent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We ate here twice on our holiday. The service is good and the waiting staff want you to have a good experience. We never have a complete meal in Italy (its just too much food) so just ordered some salads and some pasta from the specials board each time. Lovely food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere