“Can I rate it 6 out of 5?” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
10% off room rate
Ranked #4 of 93 Sorrento B&B and Inns
Toronto, Canada
“Can I rate it 6 out of 5?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

WOW...WOW! We LOVED this place. Everything was PERFECT. An amazing location, a beautiful penthouse apartment, with friendly and helpful staff. We were met by Magi House Staff at the local square and escorted us to the apartment. They helped arrange a sightseeing trip to Capri at the last minute. It is a charming location and an absolutely perfect stay. Can't say enough great things about them. One of the high-lights of our vacation

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This was my first visit to Sorrento and I must say, I didn't know what to expect. I found Magi House on Tripadvisor and booked because of the reviews that I read. From my first correspondence with the house, the entire team was responsive, helpful and accomodating. I was scheduled to arrive later than the staff manned the front desk and when I informed them of this, they didn't hesitate to offer staying later to check me in.
I can't speak enough about the service! As a customer service trainer, I was blown away at the level of service from every team member! It was seamless. There was nothing that I could have wanted that wasn't offered or taken care of. They were so attentive that they knew when I didn't leave my room, (I was working), all day and were genuinely concerned about my well being.
The rooms were well appointed. The only caution I would have is if you over 5'7" inches, avoid the penthouse apartment. It is simply beautiful and has a private terrace, but as the ceiling on the kitchen level is very low, you will hit your head if you are not cautious.
Do try the wine that is left in the room, it is inexpensive and really very good!
Did I mention the morning cappuccino? One of the best cappuccino's I've ever tasted!
I highly recommend Magi House...great location, great team, immaculate, amazing service.

Room Tip: If you are tall, choose a room other than the Penthouse if available. It's simply beautiful but...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay here, beautiful room and the staff are so helpful, from reception to the breakfast and cleaning staff too.
Breakfast is delicious and made freshly for you (including croissants). The reception staff know so much about the local area and are very helpful at recommending restaurants, day trips, bus and train times.
Quite rainy in November, but if we return to Sorrento we would definitely stay here again.
Only negative for me was the mattress was very hard, but it definitely wouldn't put me off staying again.
Thanks for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2013
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The Magi House advertises the lap of luxury and that is exactly what we discovered during our stay. The Dominova room was spacious, well appointed and beautiful - the wifi in the room was the best we found in all of Italy. I was delighted to find fresh hibiscus flowers in the room that were refreshed every day of our stay. The balcony allowed us a wonderful view of the Cathedral and we enjoyed throwing open the large windows to let in the breeze. Included was breakfast, a treat on the rooftop garden terrace consisting of both freshly baked buffet items and a menu of daily entrees created from fresh local foods. In the evening we enjoyed cocktails on the same terrace under the stars. A word about the wonderful staff. Roberta greeted us, took us to our room and showed us all the things we needed to know about the Magi House. Each time we left or returned Roberta was there to greet us and make sure we had everything we could possibly need. When our plans unexpectedly changed, we immediately went to Roberta and she was able to scheduled us a private tour of the Amalfi towns of Positano, Amalfi and Ravello within 5 minutes saving the day! Between the beautiful Magi House and Roberta, we felt like Royalty! We highly recommend this wonderful place and will return.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

My boyfriend, me, my cousin and his wife stayed in Magi house for 2 nights, booked penthouse and sirene room. The communication was helpful and efficient starting from initial enquiry, helped us booked the parking lot and transfer with Central Parking, on arrival staff greeted us outside the B&B, helped us to carry our luggage, introduced all services安定equipment room by room with patience. Breakfast tables are set on Terrace, open air, blue sky, perfect kickoff the day! It's easy walk from Magi House to everywhere, worth every penny to stay in Magi House!
我和男友以及表哥一家在Magi House 預定住宿2晚,一間penthouse,一間Sirene room. 從一開始預訂房間,工作人員就給予很大程度的有效幫助,因為我們一行四人租車,工作人員幫我們聯繫了停車地點以及接送。到達索倫托鎮上以後,工作人員親自在街上迎接,提行李,然後逐一耐心介紹房間裡的設施。早餐就設在頂樓, 義大利式早餐應有的都提供了,晴朗的早晨,新鮮的空氣,美好一天的開始。另外,從住處到小鎮任何一處都極其方便,價格超值!

Mundelein, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We spent four nights at Magi House in late September - great time!!. Mariano and his staff (Roberta, Barbara, Marianna) made us feel like we were part of the family. The apartment had every amenity we needed. The rooftop terrace was wonderful for breakfast and evening cocktails. The location is perfect - walk out the front door to restaurants and shopping. Ten minute walk from the train. Two minute walk to the elevator to the beach/marina. The staff arranged all of our excursions (Amalfi Coast, Boat Trip to Capri, etc). Great place, great staff, great service. The only place we will stay in Sorrento. Can't wait to return. Thank you all for a great vacation experience!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Penthouse in Magi house for 4 nights and we really enjoyed our stay there.

Location- the property is excellently located in centre of town. In walking distance of many good restaurants.

Value- if you book in advance I think this place is extremely good value for money and you is well priced.

The staff - The two amazing conceirge Roberta and Alexander were amazing. It was great to be greeted by Alexander and Roberta during the day. The were always very helpful and professional, something that even 5 star hotels lack so it was great to have such good servic in a B&B

The room (Penthouse) - Th room was spacious and I loved the fact it was tucked away from everyone else. Despite having some rain on a few days we made use of the balcony which was more than adequate for two people. The cleaning of the room was good. The only thing which slightly bothered me by the end of the trip was the bathroom , mainly the door and lack of ventiliarion. As the bathroom had no ventilation it made the bathroom rather moist which is standard when having a hot shower. However most bathrooms have adequate ventilation to absorb the moisture. I found the lack of ventilation made the tissue paper slightly moist due to the condensation getting trapped.

Breakfast- we only had breakfast once. For €7 it is a good price, however I wasn't 100% convinced by the offering. I am not sure if Italian eggs are different to UK ones but the omelette I had was slightly orange in colour and so that made me not fancy it. However it's only €7 per person and if you are not fussy this could be a good easy option.

I would definitely return to Magi House and highly recommend it!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
MagiMario, Proprietario at Magi House Relais, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear valued Guests,
thank you to share your opinion with the trip advisor members. As you wrote in your review we are located in the historical center close to the most important attractions, the best restaurants and all the public transport, so a big part of travelers choose us for our “central” location.
We are glad to read that you have mentioned our staff. It is one of our strengths. Roberta and Alexander, as the other staff members, are always attentive to receive and satisfy all guests requests and are ready to do their best in order to render your stay a good one.
Thanks to mentioned the “Penthouse” apartment. As you have described is tucked away from everyone, for this we always suggest it expecially for romantic stay. Unfortunately the bathroom doesn’t have a big window but we have planned to improve the ventilation and avoid the umidity caused from the hot water.
Thanks also to have mentioned our eggs, we thank you to give us the opportunity to explain that the orange colour is due to the freshness of the eggs, more shining is it more fresh is the product. We assure you it because ,when are available, we buy eggs day by day from a farmhouse not far from us.
We thank you once again for your recommendation,
See you asap

Been to Magi House Relais? Share your experiences!