“Non male” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lungomare Clemente Tafuri, 1, 84127 Salerno, Italy   |
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Salerno
“Non male”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I've been in this Hotel many times for job. They were threating us very well..as we were constantly there. Food was very good and also rooms. The location is perfect because you are very close to the center. You are in front of the sea...and there are many clubs and bars.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Greek first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights. This is first tripadvisor review I have ever written, inspired by how bad my experience here was. I booked this hotel because it is only a 5 minute walk to Salerno station, so for location it is OK. Firstly, the room was not clean with hairs all over the floor, bathroom floor and he bath was dirty and covered in hair, too. The room was large but had a kitchenette with no utensils, the sink in the kitchenette did not work and there was rubbish in the fridge. There was a trail of ants in the corridor. The wifi did not work in my room so I had to sit in one of the dimly lit corridors to use it. The hotel is very echoey and for some reason I could constantly hear children screaming and people shouting from some other part of it. I was woken up one night to the sounds of staff smashing bottles into a bin outside my window. Breakfast was so crowded, there was not enough tables available for everyone. The pool is only open 10-8 but you must wear a bathing cap to use it. I did not have one of these but was informed I could buy one for 3 euros!!! I have stayed in Salerno for 10 days overall, 2 of which in a room in an apartment I booked on airbnb for half the price of a room here. My host there was welcoming, the place was beautiful and clean. The second place I stayed was an Agriturismo for a week, lovely people, beautiful views and food. Both were far better value than this place, which is not a 4 star hotel by anyone's standards and is NOT worth the money. Look at staying somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2014
Roosendaal, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Very nice hotel. Close to the beach and not to far a walk to the shopping center. If you are on the way to pompei or Naples it is worth a stay. The sea view from the Hotel is excellent....when the sae mist lifts.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Piraeus, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I booked a "Superior room with sea view" and I must say that the room was very nice and spacious. It even had 2 bathrooms ( one with shower and one with bathtub ). The view was partly towards to ocean and partly towards a parking area, so that was a bit disappointing,but ok. Perhaps the cheaper rooms are of a lower standard, but mine was really nice. There was however a few things that I should mention, it didn't give me a real problem, but I'd like to mention them anyways. The light in the bathroom automatically turns off every 5 minutes ( a bit irritating when you are in the shower ). There was no ventilation functioning in the bathroom. No trash can in the bathroom. The AC had no cold air. Since I was there in late april I could adjust the room temperature ( it was maybe 26 C or so ) by opening the window in the evening. I don't think I would stay at this hotel in july / august though, with no cold AC working ( I haved noticed another reviewer had the same problem ). 5- 10 minutes walk from the hotel, there are boats to Amalfi and Positano, which are the places I mainly wanted to visit. I had one day with cloudy weather, and decided to go to visit the ancient town of Pompeii which was perfect. Train station is close. All in all, very good experience, just some things that should be fixed by the hotel.

Room Tip: At hotels.com I booked a "Superior room with sea view" and it was very nice, but not overl...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I recommend this hotel for both relaxing and working! A great place in a small town, with a view over the sea and mountains (at least from my apartment balcony ☺).
Rooms are very nice, large and with AC. Although the hotel is on the road side, the rooms are quiet because of the soundproof isolation, so who wants to relax, can easily do!
Due to many conference halls, the hotel is suitable for meetings with large number of people!
On top of all, the sea is 30 meters from main entrance ☺
Definitely will come again!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed here last minute as we had planned to stay with family initially but that fell through until a later date. We booked online the day prior. The room was large and very clean, but it did have a 'hospital' feel to it. The breakfast was good. Although we didn't really know where to go for breakfast and when we asked reception they just said upstairs.... There is a lot of upstairs, a floor number would be more helpful. We even asked at reception for details of where we could go for dinner and how to get tickets for the ferry to the Amalfi Coast and she couldn't really help, she told us the wrong port so instead of a 5 minute walk like she said it turned out to be a 30 minute walk so we missed the first boat.

We got a room that overlooked the public car park, but that didn't phase us, as we just needed a place to stay. On check out the reception staff were pleasant

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
milwaukie oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

This was our second stay at the GHS and it was as enjoyable as the first. The hotel is along the waterfront and, depending on your room, has excellent views of the water, the mountains, or both or a parking lot. We asked to be located on a specific side of the hotel with views of the ocean, the city and the mountains. The room was very large with a huge (for a hotel) deck. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. For rooms where the wi-fi signal wasn't strong, a cable is provided. The hotel has a pool and fitness center but we did not use either. The pool requires a bathing cap (I didn't know they were used any longer). There is also an ample buffet breakfast including bacon and eggs. All of the staff that we dealt with were courteous and helpful. The only issue that we had was a burned out bulb in the bathroom. We told the desk when we left in the morning about the bulb but it wasn't replaced by the time we returned that evening. Three phone calls and three hours later, we had light. We also did not eat at there restaurant.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Grand Hotel Salerno? Share your experiences!