“The Best Summer at Accademia Leonardo” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 20 Activities in Salerno
More attraction details
Owner description: Accademia Leonardo, italian schools in Salerno, Italy, has been a lively culture center, welcoming hundreds of students of italian language of every nationality who wish to begin to study and learn italian in italy and perfect their knowledge of the Italian language, while at the same time, want to experience Italian lifestyle in one of the most recommended destinations in our country, The Amalfi Coast, Southern Italy.
Staten Island, NY
“The Best Summer at Accademia Leonardo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I had the experience of a lifetime at Accamdemia Leonardo. I spent 4 weeks there studying abroad. Italian was my minor at Baruch CUNY in NY and I had decided what better way to delve more into the language than spending time in Italy. I chose Accademia Leonardo after I was referred here by the guidnace counselor and was not disappointed. I made so many lasting relationships there with students from all over the world, as well as with the teachers, Milena, Marco, Claudio - I will cherish my experience for a lifetime! It is a small school that will really give you personalized attention and a family feel.

Visited September 2011

Cracow, Malopolskie, Poland
“Experiencing Campania”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I spent a month in Salerno last year in August and took a 2-weeks course in the Accademia Leonardo school. I'd never been in that part of Italy and found the region very beautiful and interesting, the city itself is also a nice place, especially becasue of its friendly people. The stuff of the scholl was also friendly and very helpful, what I really loved about the school is that they really want their students to integrate - with other students and people from the region. They offer many extracurricular activities like trips, dinners, etc. but one needs to spend loads of extra money to take part in everything. The course itself was also great but I feel it was mainly because of the group I was in - full of interesting, intelligent people with many stories to tell.

Visited August 2011
New York City, New York
“Amazing Italian Experience of a Lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

As a student at CUNY Baruch, I was able to study abroad at Accademia Leonardo for the summer intersession. I spent four weeks studying Italian language and culture at Accademia Leonardo. The education I received was invaluable. I had always heard that the best way to learn a language is through complete immersion, which is the teaching style of Accademia Leonardo. I had studied the Italian language for years in Junior High School and High School, but this course solidified and built upon my existing foundation and was an overall great experience. All of the instructors are friendly and willing to extend the lessons beyond the classroom. Not only did I learn the language, I learned so much about Italian culture. The town of Salerno is beautiful, and the family with which I stayed was welcoming and kind. The students at Accademia Leonardo are from all over the world, and I made friends from many different countries, including Sweden, Germany, Canada, and Belgium. The experience was one of the best of my life! I would definitely recommend this school to anyone looking for an experience that will never be forgotten.

Visited July 2011
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
“The opportunity to learn Italian and also the culture, history and art of this beautiful area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I spent 2 delightful weeks at Accademia Leonardo and I wish I could have stayed much much longer!

I had thought about doing a course in Florence or Rome. But then I saw the website for Accademia Leonardo in Salerno and I decided that because I'd never been to this area of Italy and the course agenda and dates would suit me, to try Salerno. I'm so happy I did!

I had a little experience in speaking Italian from weekly lessons in Holland and my aim was to improve my skill by having the opportunity to speak Italian not only in class but by immersing myself in daily life in Salerno. I definitely achieved both those aims and I had a wonderful time doing it.

Salerno is a very beautiful city and my daily walk to the school was a joy in itself. All the staff and teachers at Accademia Leonardo are enthusiastic, motivational and highly skilled at challenging, including and improving the skills of everyone in the class. During my stay there were people from all ages following courses, everyone was very friendly and even though I was older than many others, I didn´t notice the age difference at all and felt included and very welcome at all times.

Everyone has to do a test on the first day to establish their level of knowledge of Italian grammar and one is then allocated to a class of the correct level. I found the test to be challenging and cleverly designed to correctly establish my level so that I felt very comfortable in my assigned class.

The lessons in the morning were so interesting and challenging and the afternoons were just as delightful. On most afternoons trips were organised to places of interest in and around Salerno (Naples, Pompei,Gardens of Minerva, Cava, Vietri are just some of the places I visited). Our teachers for these activities (also speaking only Italian) were enormously knowledgeable and these afternoons were a highlight of my life (not just in the 2 weeks I was there). I would particularly like to thank Donatello for his enthusiasm, patience and being a mine of fascinating information about this wonderful part of Italy. He really brought history back to life and taught us a great deal about the art, history and culture of this fascinating part of Italy. So many people go to the more well known parts of Italy such as Tuscany or Rome and are unaware that this gem of a place is waiting to be discovered. They don't know what they are missing!

There were many other excursions organised for other groups as well as sporting activities such as hiking and canoeing along the coast. After only a short time I felt confident enough with my language skills to take bus trips to places of interest along the Amalfi coast. I made friends with other students and there was always somebody to have lunch or socialise with in the evening. I absolutey recommend this type of holiday/course to anybody thinking about a solo holiday. I shall definitely be returning to Salerno and Accademia Leonardo in 2012 and I feel I have only scratched the surface of all there is to learn at the school and out and about in this wonderful part of Italy.

Visited October 2011
Salerno, Campania, Italy
“In the magical heart of Salerno”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

Hi to everybody, I'm Marcello an italian boy. Nestled in the heart of Salerno as a precious gem in a fantastic location, the Accademia Leonardo is the ideal place for learning languages​​. All teachers are not just teachers but real friends with whom I enjoy every day always available for anything ..... Teaching in the Accademia Leonardo is innovative, original and have not found any place like it in this sense: they have a kitchen where students prepare lunch for and believe me! There is mouth-watering! Given that cook various dishes from various Countries of origin of students, the Accademia Leonardo's kitchen is a sort of "Global Kitchen"! Even if some days you do not want to study, the Accademia Leonardo is coming to you! Because is the new Salerno who are building the future, and that the new ferry terminal (where the cruise ships dock of the main players in the world!) And is located in front of the new Piazza della Libertà will be suspended sea as the square largest in Europe! When you leave the Accademia Leonardo around there are plenty of local entertainment, dining, dancing, there is the "nightlife" Salerno close! If you want to learn the language with skill, fun and thoughtlessness, the Accademia Leonardo is the right place! Hello everyone!

Visited December 2011