“Ok for budget, but will stay somewhere else next time...” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel K Salerno
Hotel K Salerno
Via Donato Somma 47 | Lungomare Colombo, 84129 Salerno, Italy   |
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Salerno
“Ok for budget, but will stay somewhere else next time...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011 via mobile

Rooms were ok, bathrooms were old and not too clean. Didnt like the towels. Not ina very good location. My parents said they heard gunshots around midnight :S will definitively stay somewhere closer to amalfi and pay a little more. Staff is friendly and breakfast was good.

• Stayed September 2011

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

I traveled in Italy with a group of students, and the two girls I stayed with and I had an awful experience at this hotel. The rooms were bare-bones, and although I understand that it's not a luxury hotel, I don't think it's even worth the three stars it claims to be. The beds were uncomfortable, the towels were literally made of paper, our shower did not have a curtain. Luckily we only stayed in this hotel for one night, because I don't know if I could've made it another night. The staff was extremely unpleasant, and the man at the desk was just plain rude. There was free wifi, but the man would not sign us up and instead directed us around the corner to a wifi shop. I did not feel welcome in this hotel at all. The lobby and sitting area were very nicely decorated, but beyond that, I'm not sure if I can find anything else I liked about the hotel. The location wasn't very good either... it was far from the town center and the area felt a little bit sketchy.

• Stayed June 2010
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

We stayed here out of desperation -- we had experienced a car problem and my husband wasn't feeling well -- and it was recommended by the tire repair shop nearby.

Hotel K was a three star, barely. I saw a room which was small and dark for 85 Euros, including garaging our rental car. But when we brought the bags in, I asked (in my best Italian, as the desk man spoke no English) for a larger room and got it for the same price. It was a better room, but still rather drab. Clean, but the shower curtain was too short and the floor flooded. There were no English channels on the TV. Breakfast was minimal. The day desk man spoke English and directed us to the autostrada, but he had little patience.

All in all, Hotel K is to be avoided if possible.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Clemson, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2008

We've spent several days in Sorrento and along the Amalfi Coast, and found Hotel K through Frommer's. It's a quite comfortable room with free wi-fi, although as a recent review mentioned, it doesn't overlook the ocean. It has free parking, but wouldn't be convenient to the train station, or to ferry access.

But, why anyone would stay in Salerno thinking that it would be a beach destination in December is somewhat surprising. It's been chilly and rainy, but still beautiful along the coast. We might have spent a night in Ravello (beautiful) or elsewhere, but the weather was discouraging for cliff hikes, etc.

And Salerno is an overnight before we head towards Matera and Puglia or Sicily.

Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2008

Salerno has the ugliest beach I have ever seen. There was more trash there than after Spring Break at Panama City. We stayed at Hotel K, based on Frommer's recommendation and after reading reviews here. Frommer's contains false information in that this hotel does NOT overlook the sea, nor do any of the rooms have balconies that overlook the sea. It is located next to some deteriorated buildings. The hotel is not conveniently located; the walk to the train station (center of town) from the hotel is 45 minutes. We stayed two days and none of the staff spoke English. The friendly manager mentioned here was not on premises during our stay. We traveled from Rome down throughout the Amalfi coast and there are lots of better places to stay than Salerno.

• Stayed November 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

Just returned from a visit to the K Hotel in Salerno, Italy. Have never experienced such incredible kindness. I got ill, did not speak Italian and was really thinking of returning to the US before I spoke to the director the hotel who spoke english very well and extended herself beyond the call of duty. I received the medical attention I needed and was able to enjoy the rest of my vacation. She also had one of her assistants personally take us to the bank to get more Euros and recommended a restaurant that served the best fish in Salerno and believe me it was the best fresh fish I have ever had. The hotel also offered a free breakfast and that was so Italian and wonderful. I am so thankful that I met this wonderful director in Salerno. The accomodations are not luxurious, but the heart and service are. I will always have warm thoughts about my stay in Salerno.

Patricia

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — View
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Regina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

We stayed at this hotel at the end of October after reading the good reviews. The hotel was very nice and the staff were very friendly. The hotel manager speaks english/french and will help you with any trip arrangments. They also have a very good breakfast in the sitting room every morning. There are lot of restaurants nearby and a pastry shop across the street. From the train station it cost 7 euros for a taxi to hotel. The walk to the station from the hotel is more like 45 minutes to an hour.

• Liked — The room was large for the price
  • Disliked — The distance to the train station
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hotel K Salerno? Share your experiences!