“A Fantastic Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Salerno Centro Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salerno
Salerno Centro Bed and Breakfast
Piazza Sedile di Portanova 10, 84121 Salerno, Italy   |
Offers & Announcements
Free parking
Ranked #1 of 81 Salerno B&B and Inns
Arkansas, United States
“A Fantastic Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Salerno Centro is in a great location for those looking to tour the Amalfi Coast. The train station is within walking distance, which is great for taking day trips. I stayed in the "Amalfi" room with my two brothers and sister and it was a perfect fit for us! Nice and spacious, great for a small family. Our stay was wonderful from the time we arrived at Salerno Centro. We were greeted by the lovely receptionist, who offered us beverages and gave us maps and restaurant recommendations (both very helpful). Breakfast in the morning was EXCELLENT. An assortment of pastries, spreads, cheeses, ham, and best of all, a cappuccino or espresso! Another great thing about our visit was that Francesco drove us to Positano for a tour of the ruins as well as a tour of a buffalo mozzarella farm nearby.. A wonderful addition to our trip and very convenient that he offered this service as we did not rent a car. Overall, the service was everything we could have wanted. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again and I highly recommend this B & B to anyone looking to stay in the area!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

367 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Polish first
La Conner, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Right in the heart of old Salerno, 1 block to the promenade, clean, safe, and I must say that the hosts are more than accommodating.... recommendations for restaurants,sights etc.The rooms are very quiet, my room had French doors to the deck, and they must be triple windows as it is very very quiet. Breakfast is fabulous....close to all the Amalfi coast. I would highly recommend making this wonderful B&B your home base for all travel north and south.....a precious gem!!

Room Tip: I had the Positano room with a private deck, but the others are wonderful as well...Can not go wrong...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The name of this B&B is not misleading ,as it is located in the very heart of the old town of Salerno, which is a convenient base to explore the Amalfi area and Pompeii. Although we had originally intended to stay in one of the more traditional Amalfi venues such as Sorrento or Positano, we never regretted our choice for a moment. We were pleased to find that Salerno was an attractive town in its own right, and actually had far more to explore than we were expecting. Inside the B&B is clean, comfortable and well maintained, but it is the service that really stands out. As we traveled with our young daughter, we were not the easiest of guests to accommodate, but we felt thoroughly looked after and at home throughout our stay. When we came to leave, my wife and I both wished we had booked longer, and we certainly hope to return again soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I along with another couple stayed at Salerno Centro for 1 week in early September. The accommodations at this B & B were excellent! Everything was clean and neat with very comfortable beds. We enjoyed a delicious continental breakfast each morning on the terrace. The location was perfect for our many day trips. Old town Salerno itself was very enjoyable with many restaurants, cafes and shops. Lina, Pasquale and Kaoru are wonderful hosts. We will miss our car rides with Pasquale. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Kelso, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We have stayed in many independent B&Bs in Italy but this has to be the best so far. Very friendly, very well looked after, in fact everyone went out of their way to make us welcome and our stay as enjoyable as possible. Recommendations for restaurants spot on also local sights and on how to make the best use of public transport to get around and where best beaches etc,. were. Our room was the Positano and it was great to have the outdoor seating area as an additional bonus. Breakfast was excellent with attentive friendly service. Would love to go back as excellent accommodation and an ideal base for the area.

Room Tip: The Positano is worth the little bit extra for the outdoor seating area but I'm sure all rooms a...
Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We can't thank Lina and Kaoru enough for the wonderful experience they have given us during our stay at the Salerno Centro. When I was looking for accomodation for our visit at the Amalfi coast, we were truly contemplating between Positano and Salerno, I stumbled upon a blog that highly recommended Salerno Centro and based on reviews from travellers at Trip Advisor, we took the chance and booked at Salerno Centro, and they did not fail us! The B&B is centrally located, near shops, great restaurants, the seawall and we just walked to the port to take the ferry to the other islands. Kouru answered all out questions clearly and made our trip so much easier and enjoyable. We occupied 2 rooms as there were 5 of us and both rooms were excellent! We hope to visit the Amalfi again and this time we want to stay longer so we can explore Salerno more. Thank you Kaouru and Lina! We hope to see you again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I returned yet again to Salerno Centro (my third visit) for the first 2 weeks in October. It really felt like coming home and as usual I received a lovely welcome and the B&B was immaculate with some additions made since my last visit to give guests even more comfort. I had my usual room "Positano" and there is now not only a ceiling fan but also air conditioning (both remote controlled). October is still usually very warm in Salerno and these new comforts certainly helped to ensure I slept very well.

The new addition to the Salerno Centro family, Kaoru, assists Francesco, Lina and Pasquale with welcoming guests, helping to serve breakfast and taking care of the rooms. She speaks very good English as well as Italian and Japanese and when welcoming guests she explains all the local facilities, train and boat times, best places to eat etcetera.

I didn't think it possible to improve on my visit last year. But it is clear that Francesco and his family are always concerned not only to maintain their excellent standard of hospitality but are always looking for new ways to ensure the comfort and well being of their guests. This is the very best way to ensure that their guests return again and again - and that certainly includes me!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Salerno Centro Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!