“At home in Salerno” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Salerno Centro Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salerno
Salerno Centro Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 102 Salerno B&B and Inns
Seoul, South Korea
“At home in Salerno”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This place is wonderful! I initially booked a room for a week but extended two days because I liked it so much. Francesco, the owner, picked me up at the train station. He speaks English and spent a lot of time answering my questions and giving me great information about how best to visit the sights I wanted to see. It is very easy to get to the Amalfi coast towns, Paestum, Pompeii, Herculaneum and Naples. He even printed out bus and train schedules for me. Lena, his mother, was a delight and every morning served a delicious homemade cake, crepe, or other baked good at breakfast. I stayed in the Positano room which was so quiet and comfortable and the perfect refuge after a busy day out. It has a pretty private terrace as well. The B&B is located right in the center of the historic center. The pedestrian only shopping street is a few steps away to the right, and the lovely seafront promenade is about a minute walk to the left. There are lots of restaurants within walking distance too. This was by far the best place I stayed in my 3 weeks in Italy. I would return again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Positano room has a private terrace.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Polish first
Pendleton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My first International trip--a memorable experience! The Manzo family, Pasquale, Lina and Francesco, are wonderful hosts. My daughter and I stayed nine nights over Christmas and the New Year. At this time, the town is decorated with lights everywhere and ringing in the New Year was a blast. The B&B is a convenient hub for day trips to Paestum, Pompeii, the Amalfi coast and other sites. The train station and buses are nearby. The reviews I read while planning this trip were very helpful and TRUE! The place is immaculate, beds are comfy and our bathroom was spotless. Our room had a bathroom ensuite--we love the towel warmer. We enjoyed strolling along the Lungomare and through the streets in the piazza, which were right outside our B&B. When we returned, after a long day, I loved the smell as we entered--it was like coming home. We arrived at 8:45 p.m. by train, Francesco and his dad met us at the train station. They were so gracious to offer us something to eat at their home because it was too late to get a bite in town; however, we were too tired to accept. We did have New Year’s Eve dinner with them, which was fabulous. Francesco is enjoyable to chat with and speaks English very well. He took time to help us plan our stay. He gave us a map, brochures, and printed bus and train schedules which saved us time in planning our day. He drove us to the Arechi castle on a hilltop above the town and waited while we trekked through the nooks and crannies and watched as the sun painted the sky as it was setting. This is the place to stay if you are looking for great hospitality, and a home away from home. My only recommendation would be to learn some basic Italian phrases. I felt helpless that I could not communicate with Lina and Pasquale. Thankfully, my daughter was able to fill in where I was lacking. Ciao!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Aveiro
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

It was a very nice stay there! We went to Salerno for business but found it a great place for walking around with our new friends and go for boat tours along the beautiful coast of Amalfi on a hot Summer.
Manzo is also a very welcoming host! Since then I wonder when we can get back there just for fun. Very nice B&B and town.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Livermore, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

It's been a while since we stayed at Salerno Centro but the memories have not faded. My husband, daughter and myself thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. Francesco was a wonderful host. He had a wealth of knowledge of the area and was more than willing to share to make sure we had an enjoyable vacation. We met wonderful people who were other guests at the B&B during our stay, which was a lot of fun. A highlight was Francesco and my husband on the motor scooter heading off to get our car. Francesco's parents were also wonderful and went the extra mile to make sure we had great meals. We would not hesitate to return to Salerno Centro when we return to Italy.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Beaumaris, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

The day we arrived at Salerno Centro my wife was really suffering from heat stress and Francesco, Lina and Pasquale could not have been more kind or helpful. Especially Lina who really cared for my wife and then they invited us to join them for lunch. Excellent Italian hospitality.
The accommodation was surprisingly spacious and comfortable with a really nice breakfast served on the balcony.
Salerno Centro is situated close to shops and it was interesting to join in the evening promenade. It is also close to the harbour.
We would recommend this B & B unreservedly.
Thank you Francesco, Lina and Pasquale for you kindness and hospitality

Room Tip: From the ferry terminal take a taxi, particularly in the height of summer.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Salerno Centro. It's a great location in an interesting and not-so-touristy town. The hosts are genuinely kind and helpful (maps, schedules, a pick-up at the train station, light snacks available, good breakfast) and are happy to engage in friendly conversation. More than that, you feel really welcome to be there because the hosts are so warm. We've stayed in quite a few B & B's over the years, in different countries, and this is our favorite one yet. Francesco and his parents are delightful people. We hope to make it back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Pittsburg, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Want to have wonderful memories of a trip to Italy and specifically to Salerno? Then stay at Salerno Centro, a wonderful B & B in the heart of historic Salerno.
From the moment you arrive at Salerno Centro, you feel as if you are at home. The Manzos (Francesco, Lina and Pasquale) welcome you as if you were long-time friends. Their generosity and helpfulness went above and beyond any place I have stayed in all my travels. They went out of their way to make us feel welcome, to make sure our stay was enjoyable, and to provide us with seeing the best of the Amalfi coast.
The location was perfect-in a historic building just steps from the coast and near the main shopping streets, good restaurants and neighborhoods with children playing in a small piazza. Very charming!
The room was exceptionally clean, comfortable and nicely appointed. There was a nice common area and a wonderful terrace where one could have their breakfast, lovingly prepared by Lina. It was as if you just stepped into a home kitchen and mom was ready to fix you your favorite breakfast.
Francesco was the quintessential host with a private tour of the area, taking us to the train station and even helping us make plans to go to Ischia, via Naples. We enjoyed every minute with the Manzos and have many wonderful memories of our stay at Salerno Centro.
I would highly recommend staying at Salerno Centro!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Salerno Centro Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!