Once you have gotten over the spectacular views, you will notice that Lena & Gigi, supported by a great team - have created something quite wonderful. A cleaver mix of the old, the new and clever use of architectural reclamation. The accommodation is 1st class, but not all apartments have air-con. A very good 4* level of comfort. The pool area is a place that you do not wish to leave, even though there are so many places to visit and children have so much space to run around. The wine & fruit is from the Agricola and Lena & Gigi are rightly proud that all produce is organic.A cheeky lunch by the pool can become a two hour affair! The communal dinning area’s both internal & external are places of great comfort.
However, there are a few pointers:
• At the weekend the pool area seemed to become a social club for external visitors who did not enjoy the fact that children do like water (It’s not made clear, but the pool area is open for a fee to non residents. This can cause issues in parking at the weekend)
• You have to be very clear when booking if you do or do not wish to have breakfast.
• It’s not clear which areas are or are not for guests.
• You will need great IT skills to crack the free Wi-Fi.
• Evening dining: It is offered on a Friday & Saturday only & is of great quality.
• Car Hire is essential if you wish to stay there.
• Outside the idyll, the surrounding areas are friendly, but there are feral dogs and the local council has a lax approach to refuse collection.
We’d love to stay there again and again and again.
La Mansarda has a wonderful terrace for late night BBQ's outdoor sowers! Il Forno is a great spa...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.