Once you have gotten over the spectacular views, you will notice that Lena & Gigi, supported by a great team - have created something quite wonderful. A cleaver mix of the old, the new and clever use of architectural reclamation. The accommodation is 1st class, but not all apartments have air-con. A very good 4* level of comfort. The pool area is a place that you do not wish to leave, even though there are so many places to visit and children have so much space to run around. The wine & fruit is from the Agricola and Lena & Gigi are rightly proud that all produce is organic.A cheeky lunch by the pool can become a two hour affair! The communal dinning area’s both internal & external are places of great comfort.
However, there are a few pointers:
• At the weekend the pool area seemed to become a social club for external visitors who did not enjoy the fact that children do like water (It’s not made clear, but the pool area is open for a fee to non residents. This can cause issues in parking at the weekend)
• You have to be very clear when booking if you do or do not wish to have breakfast.
• It’s not clear which areas are or are not for guests.
• You will need great IT skills to crack the free Wi-Fi.
• Evening dining: It is offered on a Friday & Saturday only & is of great quality.
• Car Hire is essential if you wish to stay there.
• Outside the idyll, the surrounding areas are friendly, but there are feral dogs and the local council has a lax approach to refuse collection.
We’d love to stay there again and again and again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Lupara is not out to distort the natural beauty of the place – the name itself for example is the same as that of the street where the farm is.The farm has been built and renovated using natural and ecological materials as much as was possible, often giving new life to things that could no longer be used in their original state and thus combining the past with the present. At the same time a system has been installed which saves up to 70% of energy compared to a conventional building ... more less