We decided to stay at Salerno instead of Sorrento to visit the Amalfi coast. Picked Hotel Novotel mainly because it was covered with my credit card points. The hotel is very new and has a modern look. The staff who checked us in were very friendly. The rooms also have a modern feel to them as did the bathroom. Initially our room had some bugs on the ceiling (looked like silverfish) and the management immediately changed our room after assessing the situation.
The hotel is not within walking distance from Salerno city center and the train station, so you are looking at about a 15 Euro cab ride each way if you don’t have a car. Having walked around the city of Salerno, which was very lively with lots of places to eat and shop, we would pick a hotel that’s within walking distance if we ever visit Salerno again.
Breakfast was not included with our hotel rate but we decided not to eat at their restaurant based on other TripAdvisor reviews (expensive, disappointing) and instead had coffee once we got to the city. We also visited the pizzeria closeby (need to go left on the main road once you leave the hotel) and had the best pizza from our whole trip. We got the potatoe and mushroom pizza. That pizzaria must be seeing an increase in business after the hotel opened and also thanks to TripAdvisor.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Salerno Est Arechi Hotel Salerno
- Novotel Salerno Est Arechi Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Salerno Est Arechi is a modern, 4-star hotel with 116 rooms. Ideally situated on the coast, 766 yds from the sea, the hotel is easily reachable via the Mariconda exit of the Salerno SS18 ring road, 4.3 miles from the Salerno Est Fratte junction. 3.7 miles from the city center. Perfect for business trips: five meeting rooms (200 seats), business area, web corner, Wi-Fi. Family rooms for two adults and two children. Novotelcafé, 24-hr catering. Bar, outdoor pool, garden, fitness area, sauna, parking ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Priceline, Travelocity, ACCOR, Tingo, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Novotel Salerno Est Arechi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.