“Camere con Vista” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 32 Amalfi B&B and Inns
Brisbane, Australia
“Camere con Vista”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights in Amalfi and found our apartment to be in a fantastic location with wonderful views. James was very happy to assist with booking tours, transport advice and restaurant recommendations. Even met us at the bus stop! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Amalfi and will definitely return some day...

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed there last week of June for a friend's wedding and had a wonderful time. My room was clean and simple with a small fridge. The management was very friendly and arranged for a car to pick me up from the Naples airport at a very competitive rate. And when I arrived, they met me at gate and there was someone there to help take my luggage up the steps to my room. Rooms are no frill but at this price, I can't complain. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is because the mattress was too hard to my liking.

The building is centrally located, easy access to bus and ferries, taxi station. James at the office is always available to suggest restaurants and tips to get around the area, places to visit etc. He helped me figure out how to get to Naples via Ferry and then train, which saved me 80 euros and a harrowing ride on those windy roads!

Room Tip: Room 1 has good wifi.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Amalfi James (Camere con Vista) catered to all our needs giving us good advice on where to eat and what to see. We spent 7 days visiting Positano, Ravello, Grotto, etc and eating great food. Our accomodation overlooked the harbour and was extremely clean and comfortable. The price was very reasonable and we will definitely be going there again. Four happy Irish people!

Room Tip: Overlook the sea for great views.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

What can I say?
Travelling to the Amalfi coast was somewhat scary because of the narrow roads on the coastline.. the crazy Italian taxi driver to who drove me there was very confident despite almost crashing into another car. The taxi driver wore an Armani suit and drove his Mercedes taxi, Armani suit let me pick tunes on his ipod to play in the car, gave me a quick run down of the history of the Amalfi and it's little towns and even stopped along the way for photo opportunities.
I fell in love with Italy even more after that experience.
The passion and the hospitable friendly nature of everyone is just so wonderful!
When I arrived, the taxi driver made sure he got in touch with the owner of Camere Con Vista (Nino) who arrived and took my luggage and bags which was nice considering I was so tired from travelling.
Nino` was so welcoming and on the first day I arrived, luggages and bags still on offered to take me sailing within the hour haha.
I had a room with a spectacular balcony, two beds and a bathroom.. everywhere I turned I had the best view of the Amalfi coast and remarkable landscape.
Nino` recommended great places to eat and places to see. Introduced me to several locals who owned beautiful restaurants.
Loved staying here!
I travelled by boat to Positano and absolutely loved it!
Such a stunning and beautiful experience.
I can't wait to come back and do it all again.. the people, the weather in summer, the food and the beauty of every little town.. spectacular and scenic.. the essence of it all ahhhhh so much love for Italy!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

It was nicely located close to public transport, the beach and town. Staff were very kind and helpful and it's a nice place to stay for a day or two.
It may have just been our room, however it was really noisy. It was located above a tunnel and we did have quite a bit of trouble sleeping because of cars driving past etc, even with the windows closed.

Room Tip: I would recommend that you ask for the quietest room available.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jackson, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

A spectacular place... convenient, clean and friendly. I had a few friends from the states meet me here.. and we had the best vacation ever. Everyone was so friendly.. and informative. where n when to go. My memories of our time spent will last a lifetime... time stood still. we are all looking forward to going back. great views.. Even with all the partying we did.. this place also enabled us to catch up on sleep...and simply relax. I left there feeling rejuvenated.. Thank you!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Upon arriving Camere con Vista it is situated right on the hill closest to the bay providing spectacular views. However, there are a few stairs to getting to the top floor with the rooms so be ready although at the end you are rewarded with a breath taking view of the Amalfi Coast. As we were fortunate enough to receive a room with a view and a balcony! My friend and I had a splendid time while staying here. The rooms are kept clean and provide a cozy atmosphere for your stay. There is free wifi in the hotel and is easy accessible from the rooms. Although, breakfast wasn't served in bed it was located at the cafe that was right next to the beautiful cathedral. It's delicious pastries and cafe mixed with the warm sun rays peaking from the clouds was wonderful. It was quite a lovely way to wake up. After asking James where was the best places to visit he gave us detailed instructions on when to take the bus and where to go. Although we may have been down in Amalfi during the off season I feel as though it was the best time. You truly get to experience the Coast for what it is, a beautiful display of houses built into rocks and beaches without the crazy rush of tourists everywhere. The people that live there are very cordial and surprisingly know English all to well! I almost forgot I was in Italy! This hotel is a great place to stay while enjoying your time in Amalfi. I will certainly be going again soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Camere con vista? Share your experiences!