“Most beautiful and memorable experience - love, love, LOVE!” 5 of 5 stars

Camere con vista
Via Matteo Camera 17, 84011 Amalfi, Italy   |
Ranked #16 of 32 Amalfi B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Most beautiful and memorable experience - love, love, LOVE!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

What can I say?
Travelling to the Amalfi coast was somewhat scary because of the narrow roads on the coastline.. the crazy Italian taxi driver to who drove me there was very confident despite almost crashing into another car. The taxi driver wore an Armani suit and drove his Mercedes taxi, Armani suit let me pick tunes on his ipod to play in the car, gave me a quick run down of the history of the Amalfi and it's little towns and even stopped along the way for photo opportunities.
I fell in love with Italy even more after that experience.
The passion and the hospitable friendly nature of everyone is just so wonderful!
When I arrived, the taxi driver made sure he got in touch with the owner of Camere Con Vista (Nino) who arrived and took my luggage and bags which was nice considering I was so tired from travelling.
Nino` was so welcoming and on the first day I arrived, luggages and bags still on offered to take me sailing within the hour haha.
I had a room with a spectacular balcony, two beds and a bathroom.. everywhere I turned I had the best view of the Amalfi coast and remarkable landscape.
Nino` recommended great places to eat and places to see. Introduced me to several locals who owned beautiful restaurants.
Loved staying here!
I travelled by boat to Positano and absolutely loved it!
Such a stunning and beautiful experience.
I can't wait to come back and do it all again.. the people, the weather in summer, the food and the beauty of every little town.. spectacular and scenic.. the essence of it all ahhhhh so much love for Italy!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

It was nicely located close to public transport, the beach and town. Staff were very kind and helpful and it's a nice place to stay for a day or two.
It may have just been our room, however it was really noisy. It was located above a tunnel and we did have quite a bit of trouble sleeping because of cars driving past etc, even with the windows closed.

Room Tip: I would recommend that you ask for the quietest room available.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Jackson, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

A spectacular place... convenient, clean and friendly. I had a few friends from the states meet me here.. and we had the best vacation ever. Everyone was so friendly.. and informative. where n when to go. My memories of our time spent will last a lifetime... time stood still. we are all looking forward to going back. great views.. Even with all the partying we did.. this place also enabled us to catch up on sleep...and simply relax. I left there feeling rejuvenated.. Thank you!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Oakland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Upon arriving Camere con Vista it is situated right on the hill closest to the bay providing spectacular views. However, there are a few stairs to getting to the top floor with the rooms so be ready although at the end you are rewarded with a breath taking view of the Amalfi Coast. As we were fortunate enough to receive a room with a view and a balcony! My friend and I had a splendid time while staying here. The rooms are kept clean and provide a cozy atmosphere for your stay. There is free wifi in the hotel and is easy accessible from the rooms. Although, breakfast wasn't served in bed it was located at the cafe that was right next to the beautiful cathedral. It's delicious pastries and cafe mixed with the warm sun rays peaking from the clouds was wonderful. It was quite a lovely way to wake up. After asking James where was the best places to visit he gave us detailed instructions on when to take the bus and where to go. Although we may have been down in Amalfi during the off season I feel as though it was the best time. You truly get to experience the Coast for what it is, a beautiful display of houses built into rocks and beaches without the crazy rush of tourists everywhere. The people that live there are very cordial and surprisingly know English all to well! I almost forgot I was in Italy! This hotel is a great place to stay while enjoying your time in Amalfi. I will certainly be going again soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We are an Australian family of 6 and stayed here in early Jan 2013. The staff were very helpful and after finding their travel office, they took us a couple of blocks to where the building was right on the Harbor front. Up several flights of stairs with our bags wasn't fun but we managed.
It wasn't a Hotel as such but more like separate Apartments within a building. Breakfast was at a local restaurant a few blocks away, just juice, cake and coffee but it was adequate. The rooms were big and fitted 3 of us comfortably.
Amalfi was great and such a beautiful place on the Mediterranean sea.
We would stay again, now that we know what to expect.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Camere Con Vista is perfectly positioned overlooking the waterfront and close to the centre of Amalfi. It is not a typical hotel but more like apartments. Nino and James who manage the property are so very helpful in every way. We stayed in 2 different apartments during our week's stay and they were both very comfortable, clean and with the most spectacular views. The breakfast at Bar Pasticceria Leone was perfect - our favourite part of the day just sitting and watching Amalfi come to life each day. Also best coffee in Amalfi! Camere Con Vista is very reasonably priced and great for a longer stay with the perfect view. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Our apartment had fantastic views over the waterfront and we were right in the middle of everything without it being too noisy.. The place was quite basic but it was clean and the people looking after the place are nearby for any assistance. We didn't find it on arrival but a local phoned our man and he was down straight away to lead us the way and even carried my heavy bag up to the top floor.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Camere con vista? Share your experiences!