“GREAT HOTEL AND GREAT HOSTS” 5 of 5 stars

Residenza Luce
Via Fra Gerardo Sasso,4, 84011 Amalfi, Italy   |
Ranked #1 of 32 Amalfi B&B and Inns
Carlisle, Pennsylvania
“GREAT HOTEL AND GREAT HOSTS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We booked Residenza luce for 3 nights and stayed for 6 because we loved the hotel, the location and most importantly Carman and Lidia who were our hosts. They were awesome. I never felt so at home. Carman would answer all our many questions about the area and local hikes. She researched our questions and found answers. She was like our own personal travel guide. She was wonderful. Lidia was wonderful as well. Every afternoon we came back to find a sweet or cake in the room which we enjoyed with our tea. Yes it was February and not the tourist time for the AMAFI coast but for my wife and I it was incredibly relaxing and we came to appreciate AMALFI and it's people. A big thank you to Carman and Lidia!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

200 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Turkish first
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

To all those planning a holiday in Amalfi in 2014 I strongly recommend staying at R.Luce. We got married in August 13' and booked out the whole place for 4 days to accommodate our family and friends. We travel extensively and stay in many high class hotels, the world over, but whilst this place may not have 5 Star luxury facilities it is definitely the best place we can remember staying. The reason for this is the owner (Vincenzo) and his staff treat us like their own family. The efforts they went to make our stay so memorable will never be forgotten. We will definitely go back again.

Amalfi is not bad either , and R.Luce is ideally situated for access to local restaurants (the one next door…food is sensational) and beach.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

I must admit that before we booked we read the reviews on trip advisor and couldn't believe one place could have such glowing reviews. But they are all true!!! Carmen went out of her way to be helpful and was really friendly. Lydia always has a warm welcome for you and put out a great breakfast spread every morning. Lovely bathroom and double shower, comfortable and hugely spacious rooms with loads of cupboard space. Excellent location just off the main square. The family owned restaurant is the best in Amalfi. We would recommend this hotel to all our friends.

• Stayed November 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

My partner and I spent a week in Amalfi staying at the Hotel Residenze Luce.From the moment we exited the Taxi from Naples (transfer arranged by Carmen at the hotel, 100 euros one way)we were warmly greeted by Vincenzo the hotel owner who took our cases through the square and up to our room.We stayed in room 2,a wonderful junior suite with a balcony overlooking the town square.Although the room overlooks the town square which was very busy day and night, with the doors and windows closed it was very quiet.Nothing was too much trouble for the staff, all of whom made us feel very welcome and at home, especially Vincenzo, Carmen and Lidia who would warmly greet us every morning for breakfast.I can't recommend this hotel highly enough, from the staff, the room and it's perfect Location in Amalfi.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

There is nothing I would not like about my my stay in Residenza Luce!

I called the hotel on my way there as I needed an advice on where to park my car as you can't drive to the site. Vincenzo who runs (and probably owns) this hotel met me on the main road and organised someone to park my car (EUR 20.00 for 24 hrs). He gentlemanly carried my luggage through the main square and all the way up to my room. The interior of my suite with gallery bedroom was new, beautifully done in really Italian style. My room was on the corner of the building so I got a balcony on both sides. It is amazing spot for people watching and makes you think you don't need to leave the room at all!

I could not connect to the Wifi so Vincenzo called a hotel service man and within 10 minutes everything was working. Carmen who is in the reception is very helpful too and although she does not speak a word English you can tell how much she tries to make your stay enjoyable.

The breakfast is served on the terrace which overlooks the Church and the street. It is lovely, breathtaking and unmissable. It is very romantic and I would recommend this place to anyone.

Vincenzo and Carmen, thank you very much for an unforgettable stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
St. Croix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I just 5 of the best days of our honeymoon at Residenza Luce. From the initial booking of the hotel until the day we left, we could not have had a better experience or a more loving family. Carmen, Vincenzo, Lidia and Luisa did everything and anything to make us feel like family and ensure that we would have a trip we would never forget! From the booking of transportation, to the recommendations for travel, dinner, tours, they supplied every need we had and with hospitality, professionalism and love. The rooms are bright, airy and clean, the bathroom is perfectly appointed and large and the bedroom (we had one in a loft) was truly a king size bed and comfortable. This family run business is the best there is. The restaurant located right next door, L'Abside, is also run by the family and you must try momma's eggplant parmesan. It is to die for! I usually don't feel the need to write reviews but this experience required it. We will be back to Amalfi and Residenza Luce and we will bring our friends and family to meet our new Amalfi family. Residenza Luce IS THE BEST!!!!

As a side note, the lift/elevator is working, the beds are truly king size and the location is a great base to travel to see the other towns on the Amalfi Coast

Room Tip: Although located off a side street, the rooms are extremely quiet. I don't think you have a bad...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a week in this beautiful family run guest house.
Vincenzo and his lovely team of Carmen, Lidia and Luisa made us feel very welcome and couldn't do enough for us. They will help you book any restaurants, hair dressers, transfers etc...

We loved Lidia who looked after us at breakfast on the roof terrace.

The property is very centrally located in Amalfi, a couple of minutes walk to the main square, 5 minutes walk from the sea front where all the taxi's, coaches, transfers, ferry's etc pick up and drop off.

If you have trouble walking up stairs then this guest house wouldn't be for you.
They have a lift, but you have to get to the first floor first before you can use it.
For the rest of us, its a no brainer, just stay there and have a fantastic time!

They will send a porter to pick up your luggage if you call them. Best to give them 15 mins warning of your arrival.

We stayed on the second floor (Room 8) which has recently been refurbished.
The room was large with a great view along the street.
Extremely clean and with the balcony door closed at night reasonably quiet.
Unlike some towns in Italy where church bells can ring all through the night, in Amalfi they seem to start at around 7am allowing you a good nights sleep.

This is a great base to go off and see all of the man attractions.

We took ferry's to Positano rather than the SITA buses and an open top bus to Ravello.

My advice is to avoid using the SITA buses during the school hours, because the children are extremely rude!!! They come in hordes and don't care whether your elderly or pregnant, they all push on in front of you and then there are no seats left and you have to wait another 30 mins to an hour for the next. That's the only negative point to the Amalfi coast.

We took the airport shuttle to Sorrento and then changed onto a SITA bus to Amalfi. Bad decision, as I said the brats made the journey horrendous!!

In hindsight we would go for a shared shuttle taxi straight from Naples and put up with the fact you may have to go via Sorrento anyway. At least you have a seat and you can stay on it until you get to Amalfi. Or if you can afford it a private taxi.

Thank you to all at the Residenza Luce we had an amazing time!!!!

Alan & Rachel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Residenza Luce? Share your experiences!