“Amalfi hidden gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 32 Amalfi B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Amalfi hidden gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

There is nothing I would not like about my my stay in Residenza Luce!

I called the hotel on my way there as I needed an advice on where to park my car as you can't drive to the site. Vincenzo who runs (and probably owns) this hotel met me on the main road and organised someone to park my car (EUR 20.00 for 24 hrs). He gentlemanly carried my luggage through the main square and all the way up to my room. The interior of my suite with gallery bedroom was new, beautifully done in really Italian style. My room was on the corner of the building so I got a balcony on both sides. It is amazing spot for people watching and makes you think you don't need to leave the room at all!

I could not connect to the Wifi so Vincenzo called a hotel service man and within 10 minutes everything was working. Carmen who is in the reception is very helpful too and although she does not speak a word English you can tell how much she tries to make your stay enjoyable.

The breakfast is served on the terrace which overlooks the Church and the street. It is lovely, breathtaking and unmissable. It is very romantic and I would recommend this place to anyone.

Vincenzo and Carmen, thank you very much for an unforgettable stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Turkish first
St. Croix
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I just 5 of the best days of our honeymoon at Residenza Luce. From the initial booking of the hotel until the day we left, we could not have had a better experience or a more loving family. Carmen, Vincenzo, Lidia and Luisa did everything and anything to make us feel like family and ensure that we would have a trip we would never forget! From the booking of transportation, to the recommendations for travel, dinner, tours, they supplied every need we had and with hospitality, professionalism and love. The rooms are bright, airy and clean, the bathroom is perfectly appointed and large and the bedroom (we had one in a loft) was truly a king size bed and comfortable. This family run business is the best there is. The restaurant located right next door, L'Abside, is also run by the family and you must try momma's eggplant parmesan. It is to die for! I usually don't feel the need to write reviews but this experience required it. We will be back to Amalfi and Residenza Luce and we will bring our friends and family to meet our new Amalfi family. Residenza Luce IS THE BEST!!!!

As a side note, the lift/elevator is working, the beds are truly king size and the location is a great base to travel to see the other towns on the Amalfi Coast

Room Tip: Although located off a side street, the rooms are extremely quiet. I don't think you have a bad...
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a week in this beautiful family run guest house.
Vincenzo and his lovely team of Carmen, Lidia and Luisa made us feel very welcome and couldn't do enough for us. They will help you book any restaurants, hair dressers, transfers etc...

We loved Lidia who looked after us at breakfast on the roof terrace.

The property is very centrally located in Amalfi, a couple of minutes walk to the main square, 5 minutes walk from the sea front where all the taxi's, coaches, transfers, ferry's etc pick up and drop off.

If you have trouble walking up stairs then this guest house wouldn't be for you.
They have a lift, but you have to get to the first floor first before you can use it.
For the rest of us, its a no brainer, just stay there and have a fantastic time!

They will send a porter to pick up your luggage if you call them. Best to give them 15 mins warning of your arrival.

We stayed on the second floor (Room 8) which has recently been refurbished.
The room was large with a great view along the street.
Extremely clean and with the balcony door closed at night reasonably quiet.
Unlike some towns in Italy where church bells can ring all through the night, in Amalfi they seem to start at around 7am allowing you a good nights sleep.

This is a great base to go off and see all of the man attractions.

We took ferry's to Positano rather than the SITA buses and an open top bus to Ravello.

My advice is to avoid using the SITA buses during the school hours, because the children are extremely rude!!! They come in hordes and don't care whether your elderly or pregnant, they all push on in front of you and then there are no seats left and you have to wait another 30 mins to an hour for the next. That's the only negative point to the Amalfi coast.

We took the airport shuttle to Sorrento and then changed onto a SITA bus to Amalfi. Bad decision, as I said the brats made the journey horrendous!!

In hindsight we would go for a shared shuttle taxi straight from Naples and put up with the fact you may have to go via Sorrento anyway. At least you have a seat and you can stay on it until you get to Amalfi. Or if you can afford it a private taxi.

Thank you to all at the Residenza Luce we had an amazing time!!!!

Alan & Rachel

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My boyfriend and I had a fantastic 3 days in Residenza Luca. The room (room 3) was extremely spacious, charming and clean. The apartment is very well located in Amalfi, it provided an excellent base to visit Pompei and Ravello.

We had a car in Amalfi and Vincenzo sorted out parking for us in a local garage. It was a great little system as in the morning we told him 20 minutes before we needed the car and the lovely Franco would have the car ready for us.

Before arriving to Amalfi, Carmen had emailed my boyfriend to check times etc, which was really efficient. It was lovely to see her smiley face in the evening and she was most helpful.

The Residenza Luca is undoubtedly a great little spot and one which I will recommend to friends. Beats many 5* hotels in terms of effortlessness and charm.

Shanghai, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The location is just less than 5 minutes walk from the amalfi duomo. When having breakfast at the terrace, even can see the duomo. The service is perfect. You don't need to worry about the parking the luggage, the owner will get somebody pick up the car and luggages.

With the help of the owner, we easily booked the boat trip to Capri. When he knew we have little cash, he even agree with payment in credit card and he paid to the garage in cash.

It was a very unforgetable memory during stay in Residenza Luce. I already recommended to my friend and hope she could succesfully book it the end of this month.

Room Tip: The family room is perfect to a big family, two double beds with independent and big space. Good for...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Calne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Having travelled extensively and stayed in numerous places around the world I can honestly say Residenza Luce is the best I have stayed in by a long way. We stayed for ten days and from the moment we arrived to the moment we left Vincenzo and his outstanding team of Carmen, Lidia and Luisa make you feel totally welcome and one of the family. They are always there to help and advise on where to go but in an unobtrusive and easy manner. We arrived by car and were met by Vincenzo in the main square with a team of guys to take our baggage up to the residence. Vincenzo had also organised for our car to be picked up and taken to secure covered parking, a rarity in Amalfi. Our arrival could not have been smoother and so welcome after a long days drive from Siena. The parking arrangement proved superb we just had to let Vincenzo know when we needed the car and it would be there for us and at the end of the day a quick call five minutes from home and the ever reliable Franco was there to take the car away.
The Residenza itself is brilliantly located just up from the main square, one minute’s walk away and about three minutes from the sea. Although above the main street we never suffered from noise and indeed greatly enjoyed sitting on our balcony watching the world go by from above. Our room on the third floor was delightful, large, airy, bright and spotlessly clean. The floors are in very attractive local coloured tiling. The shower was large, efficient and modern and our good quality cotton towels were changed daily. The air conditioning was quiet and effective. The large double bed was very comfortable and there was a sofa bed should it have been needed. The only slight drawback is that the rooms are on the second and third floor and it is quite a climb but as we left a lift was being installed so even that minor quibble has been addressed.
Breakfast on the top floor terrace overlooking Amalfi and the hills was as good as it gets. Fresh fruit, yoghurts, cereals, meats and a delicious assortment of bread rolls, and cakes washed down with fruit juice and coffee.
I don’t tend to use superlatives but Vincenzo and his team deserve huge credit for developing this quite outstanding B&B. Talking to other guests I am clearly not the only person with this view. It is a real gem and I can’t recommend it more highly.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

as everyone else has written this place was fantastic.we had a wonderful 5 days with vincenzo and his family and carmen,from his mother in law at breakfast to his mum and sister at the restaurant next door for dinner,they were all wonderful and made you feel so welcome.the location although you didnt get the amalfi coast ocean view,was wonderful,just on the corner of the piazza.you really do feel like you are part of the family.beautiful people,beautiful place.think the nicest thing i can say about vincenzo is that i arrived a lazio supporter and left a napoli one.thankyou

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Residenza Luce? Share your experiences!