Our six day stay in Le Palme was a terrible experience. We just cannot understand where all the good reviews come from, especially the one which describes a terrible experience lugging luggage up the many (many) stairs without the lift! That does not sound like a 5-star experience to me!
Here are just a few points:
• Half of the sunbeds and umbrellas were broken and all of the covers were dirty.
• We never saw any of the staff take care of the pool area. When it rained, we and some other guests had to hang the soaking wet and unusable covers out to dry.
• For our whole stay, our sheets were changed just once, and I mean just the sheets – not the pillow cases or bed covers.
• The breakfast was cheap and terrible - stale croissants, stale cereal and a cheap cheese toastie.
• Before we booked we were in conversation with the hotel about what to expect. We were told that all rooms have a “stunning sea view". However, the only ‘window’ in our room was our entry/exit door which opened onto a terrace, including a seating area, which all the guests used. This meant that we could not leave the door open as we would have had no privacy whatsoever! Besides that, our ‘view’ was an overgrown bush!
• The room was very dark, even with the curtains drawn, which made it quite uncomfortable and cold-feeling.
• The shower was incredibly small, perhaps one metre squared, which made it difficult to even turn without hitting the shower walls, let alone pick something up.
• The bathroom was incredibly narrow (under two metres).
• The TV had shady reception.
• The wardrobe blocked another door through which we could clearly hear people talking. It also had a stool inside it. Perhaps they thought we could use it as another room!
Considering we paid more than 100 Euros per night, we expected decent service and a decent room which we do not think is unreasonable. In reality, it felt more like a 2-star motel.
Lastly, I’ve uploaded some photos to back up some of what I’ve said.
Our advice - avoid staying here, especially for the cost! It really isn’t anywhere near as good as it sounds!
- Also Known As:
- Le Palme Amalfi
- Le Palme Hotel Amalfi
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The warm welcome of the Cuomo Family, the comfort of the room, the small swimming pool, the wonderful view on the Amalfi Coast, guarantees you a relaxing stay at very convenient prices.The House is linked with a restaurant situated just 20 meters away from the beach of Atrani, which proposes a traditional and creative cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Venere, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Le Palme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.