“Great Little Hotel with Personal Service” 5 of 5 stars

Floridiana Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Brancia 1, 84011 Amalfi, Italy   |
Ranked #1 of 30 hotels in Amalfi
Silver Spring, MD
“Great Little Hotel with Personal Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

I can’t say enough good things about the Floridiana Hotel. It was rated #1 on tripadviser in Amalfi and I can see why. It’s really almost like a bed and breakfast as it has only 13 rooms. The location is outstanding - a 5 minute walk to the center of Amalfi. Plus it is a really neat historic building dating from the 12th century. You have to see the breakfast room to believe it. Most importantly, the owner & staff make you feel welcome & cannot do enough for you.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

373 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Boston area, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

Very happy with our stay at Floridiana Hotel. Anges and Eva were extremely welcoming and informative. Rooms are clean and comfortable, and the location is excellent. The only negative thing to report is that we found the evening staff member (Luigi) not as prepared to help when we had questions for the next day's activities (English is not his strong suit), so make sure to catch Agnes and Eva during the day.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

I am a traveler that usually bypass reviews. This time I looked for a hotel in this region. I will say that I am glad I did. The service in this small hotel is wonderful. The fact that when you call you can talk with the owner and she will help you with anything you need.. "when was the last time you could do this" Upon our arrival, we parked the car and the hotel sent their baggage service to take our bags straight to the hotel. I have stayed at many hotels in Europe and I can says that this one was the cleanest and modern of all. Please try this hotel... you can't beat the location and the PRICE is amazing giving the location. I have priced other hotels and they are double the price. Keep doing what you are doing and we will be back..

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

My boyfriend and I shared a junior suite here whilst visiting for a long weekend. It was huge, with a staircase going up from the bedroom to an area with a jacuzzi. I had heard so many stories about how expensive Amalfi is so was really surprised when I found out how reasonable the prices are at Floridiana. As well as having a lovely room, the location is perfect, the staff extremely helpful, and the breakfast is yummy! For any of my friends or family who visit Amalfi I will insist that they stay here.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

It's not surprising that Hotel Floridiana is #1 in Amalfi; it's perfect. I would definitely call the hotel when you arrive in Amalfi if your baggage is heavy as their luggage service is excellent. We missed the hotel (keep looking right and UP for the traffic light) but everyone in Amalfi knows Floridiana and are happy to redirect you. The hotel was spotlessly clean, the room was comfortable with great lighting, breakfast was wonderful, complimentary internet was included and the staff were outstanding. Although we would have liked a superior room with a larger shower, Room 5 was perfect. Our favourite memory of our entire Italy trip is a lovely afternoon siesta with the shutters open, looking out the window at the orange trees, listening to people quietly talking and whistling, children playing, birds singing (Italian of course), roosters crowing, dogs barking and the church bells ringing every 15 minutes. This is the "real" Italy we were looking for and we loved the people, the town, all the gelatto shops and the waterfront of Amalfi. Amalfi was the perfect base for us to visit Ravello, Positano, Atrani, Maiori and Minori. We bought a 3 day bus pass for 15,00 and a one way ferry trip to Positano was 6,00. If you plan on visiting Positano I would recommend taking the bus to Positano, walking down to the beach and taking the ferry back. The views from the top of Positano are breathtaking but the climb up from the beach is breath robbing! The views from Villa Cimbrone (6,00) and Villa Ruffalo (5,00) in Ravello are not to be missed, a definite highlight of the trip.

Our favourite meal of the trip was at Le Palme in Atrani; excellent food and service plus the views on the short walk were spectacular. We also enjoyed Donna Stella in Amalfi which is a place you really have to look for as it's off the beaten path. Although we really enjoyed the food and service the best part was the surroundings; the tables are set up surrounded by walls of jasmine, a roof of lemon trees and tubs of hydrangea with laundry drying on a line in the background. We visited the local grocer a few shops away from Floridiana for amazing ham and also bought local honey, candy, jams and marmalade for gifts. We visited one of the many bakeries for croissants and put together a little picnic lunch to enjoy on our outings and also on our train journey.

When we left the luggage service took our cases right down to the bus terminal, very convenient. I would go back and do it all again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
surrey, uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

All the reviews of this hotel are absolutely justified! The tiny Agnes is totally devoted and passionate about her hotel and has a strong team of lovely people to help her make your stay a totally relaxing experience. The location of the hotel makes it perfect for exploring the magical town of Amalfi (I would recommned the tour arranged by the hotel as you will learn loads about Amalfi from a local person). It is also a very short walk down to the harbour and bus terminus making trips to Ravello, Positano and other neighbouring towns easy. We stayed in the junior suite which has been justifyably praised in other reviews, I would add that the perfect end to a busy day walking up and down steps is a soak in the jacuzzi bath listening to the church bells chime . . perfect !

Agnes advised us of a walk down from Ravello starting at the back of Villa Cimbrone (also very worth a visit). The walk was a reasonably difficult descent down steps and through lemon groves and left us with very aching calves the next day but I would not have missed it as it gave us a real insight into the daily lives of local people and brought us out in a lovely square in Atrani for lunch. The best restaurant we found in Amalfi was Meme, with a huge menu and a lovely atmosphere I would very much recommend a visit.

All in all, a wonderful short break in a beautiful part of Italy. Thank you Agnes, Eva, Luigi and the rest of the staff.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

i read a lot of the reviews on this hotel and I found them to be absolutely true. would totally recommend it, very helpful people, really good breakfast and rooms were great too. enjoy!

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Floridiana Hotel? Share your experiences!