“Great location and a very helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars

Floridiana Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Brancia 1, 84011 Amalfi, Italy   |
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Amalfi
Collinsville, Illinois
“Great location and a very helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

A very central location to visiting other locations on the coast . If you phone ahead about
20 minutes they have a service to help you with your luggage I think it stops about 7pm.
If the steps are to much for you there is a back exit and a grocery store right out the
Back door to pick water, wine or snacks.
I had a few questions prior to our visit and the owner always responded promptly and was
Very helpful. The lady at the front desk was wonderful to help us book tours.
I had asked if they had any strawberry yogurt one morning and the next morning the owner
Came to my table to make sure I strawberry yogurt. She had heard about my request
And bought some for me. The breakfast was so good we skipped lunch.
We opened our window at night and you could hear some noise but you ate in a city.
I travel a few times a year and have never came across a hotel that was this helpful
And always had a smile.
Even after we checked out and couldn't find our transfer they called for us.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: We booked I think it was the superior room and were very happy.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Pittsburgh, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Floridiana September 26 – 30, 2013. Their accommodations and service are OK (considering that it is only *** hotel). Perhaps the worst is the shower. It is a little 2 foot radius corner (see picture enclosed). So, if you’ll drop your soap, it is virtually impossible to pick it up. Nobody mentioned yet that there are a total of 38 steep steps leading there. Quite a hike.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Delamere, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed at Floridiana to 'celebrate' my 50th. A great location, right in the middle of beautiful Amalfi. The hotel was just perfect - lovely staff, great rooms and the breakfasts are superb. Amalfi is a great location to be based. Places to visit - Ravello (2.50 Euro return bus trip), a 16 Euro return boat trip to Positano and a guided tour to Pompeii (which is a must) which cost 46 Euro. We will return to Amalfi soon and will definitely stay at Floridiana again.

Simon & Tracey Underwood, Cheshire. UK.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Very nice place in the middle of Amalfi. Breakfast was awesome. So much food in a great room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They have free parking although it's a hassle to get to their nearby garage. They have a hot tub you can ask for, but we didn't know beforehand so we didn't have our swimsuits. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I wasn't real sure I had selected a good location , but it turned out well. The whole Amalfi coast has an excellent transportation network to and from the major sites and the city of Amalfi seemed pretty centrally located. The hotel is what I would call " basic nice" with very friendly and helpful staff. I don't know if Eva is an owner, but she treats her customers like she is. The breakfast wasn't the best I experienced in Italy, but it was adequately average. For the money it was an excellent value. I would recommend to a friend who was looking for an excellent value

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Vilnius, Lithuania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Hotel's location is truly excelent, just few steps from main square, couple minutes from the beach or bus stop. Nothing to complain about room size or bath. Everything renovated. Wide selection for breakfast. Very helpful staff. The only thing i felt uncomfortable was some specific smell in all areas of hotel. You do not notice it after some 10 minutes, but on the entrance to hotel we felt it very strongly. I guess they use limoncello esence, but it is just too much of it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My wife and I had a great stay here. The location is excellent, right in the heart of Amalfi within 3 minutes walk of the bus stop, the beach, and the Cathedral. Room quality was very high, with AC, tv, fridge, and an excellent shower.

Manager was very sweet and offered us suggestions and generally chatted with us. She greeted us with a drink when we arrived which was very appreciated after a crowded bus winding through the coast. The room had printed out walking tours in English and Italian, and we used the directions to go on the Valle delle Ferriere walk.

Breakfast was consistently excellent, with made-to-order cappuccinos/espressos and an amazing spread with pastries, croissants, cheese, prosciutto, salami, yogurt, and fruit. It was really impressive. I was very pleased with our stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Floridiana Hotel? Share your experiences!