"Our hotel is your home", said Francesca to my wife on our first morning after asking for a cappuccino in place of the regular (and good) coffee at breakfast.
Family owned hotel with Francesca, the daughter, taking care of the breakfast served in a nice dining room overlooking the sea and Amalfi. The breakfast was the best we got in a 3 star hotel in Italy, the room was good with balcony (geraniums) with side view on Amalfi and the blue open sea from high above. Very friendly and helpful staff. Real value for money.
- We stayed 3 nights, not really enough for Costiera Amalfitana.
- At arrival (luggage), take the lift at the left side of the hotel.
- There is a bus stop in front of the hotel, but we always walked down to the town, enjoying the beautiful views. The buses might be sometimes full and not stop (the Italians didn't realize yet they've got a lot of tourists…).
- When walking down to Amalfi, take the path around the cliff in front of the tunnel. After the tunnel, take the stairs down before hotel la Bussola and you get on the promenade. If you stay on the road, you get at the gate of Amalfi.
- There is a fair restaurant near the hotel (la Favoritta) viewing the sea, with a charming old waiter.
- The road between Positano, Amalfi and Ravello is spectacular, with stunning views. Just take the regular bus from Amalfi and stop in different places and try to walk along the narrow road to view special panoramas. If you ride in a car, you can hardly stop or see anything and meet frequently the threatening buses.
- When in Ravello, get to Villa Cimberone for the spectacular view at the edge of the garden.
- Visit hotel S. Caterina (leading hotels of the world) 100 m up the road. Walk 100 m more and view their location.
- If you go back to Napoli (or Positano), take the hydrofoil from Amalfi (best tip of Francesca). It's relatively cheap, rapid and beautiful.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Tingo and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Hotel Il Nido reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Nido Hotel
- Il Nido Amalfi