“Benne - tutti benne!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 30 hotels in Amalfi
Kirkby Lonsdale, United Kingdom
“Benne - tutti benne!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

What a great place! Tucked up a very uninspiring alley off the main street (blink and you will miss it) this place is an oasis of grace and charm in a very busy town. Literally minutes walk from the main piazza, you could be anywhere. The staff are really friendly too, and very eager to help. We spent 3 nights here. Initially we had a 'junior suite' (very nice by the way!) as our room was not available, and we had to change the next day. However, the staff moved all our stuff while we were out (into another equally lovely room) and when we got back there was a lovely bowl of fruit as a 'thank you' - we also got a bottle of limoncello on our departure. Nice touches. Breakfast is great, lot of variety and you can have it on the roof terrace if you wish - wasps can be a pain though if you go outside so make you own choice. Tip - you will never find it if you arrive by bus, boat etc - just give them a ring and they will send a porter down with a little buggy to pick you up (allow a bit of notice - find somewhere for a coffee while you are waiting!). Also - the little supermarket by the front door is great for drinks and picnic stuff, and the greengrocer near the entrance to the alley does very nice fruit.

Room Tip: seems most are very nice - the junior suites are bigger. Most, if not all will have a limited view b...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

435 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bracknell, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We have just recently returned from Italy having spent 2 nights at L'Antico Convitto. What a fantastic hotel! We arrived on the bus from Salerno and the hotel is located just a 5 minute walk, just off the main street leading up from the Cathedral.

If you're looking to stay somewhere away from the busy, and sometimes noisy streets of Amalfi, then perhaps this hotel isn't for you. If however you are looking to stay somewhere slap bang in the middle of everything, then Hotel L'Antico Convitto is the place!

We were made to feel very welcome by every single member of staff we met - they were all very friendly and chatty. In particular, Antonella who runs everything by day and Ferdinando who looks after the hotel by night, are both lovely.

The rooms were spotlessly clean, they had everything we needed - aircon, a safe, comfortable beds. I have read some reviews in which some people have said that the rooms were quite small - we hardly spent any time in our room (apart from sleeping) so this was never an issue.

Possibly the hotels' best feature is their roof terrace - this overlooks the sea and beautiful church tower. On both evenings, before going out for dinner we sat up there for a couple of hours with a bottle of wine purchased from the supermarket right next door, just watching the night draw in - it was wonderful! The staff at the hotel were most accomodating and gave us wine glasses and ice bucket to take up there.

The breakfasts were also good, there was a good range of pastries, cheeses, hams etc to choose from. You can even take a tray and enjoy your breakfast upstairs on the roof terrace!

I loved this hotel and part of the reason for this is because the staff here are so helpful and friendly. I holiday in southern Italy almost every year and will probably return for a short stay in Amalfi. When I do, I will most certainly be staying at L'Antico Convitto again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Panama City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This place was great. The room was large and clean. The breakfast was delicious. The staff here were wonderful and extremely helpful. They helped figure out the best way to get us back to Naples taking the ferry and train (a 1.25 hour trip) versus taking the bus to Sorrento and then a train to Naples (a 4 hour trip). The rooftop terrace was beautiful. Amalfi was a great little town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed at Hotel L'Antico Convitto for two nights in August 2013, the hotel staff went out of their way to make it a comfortable stay and we had a great time. Great room, a lovely roof terrace and a perfect location just off the main street in Amalfi.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Amalfi was one of my favourite places simply stunning!!
We loved the location of this hotel , right in the heart.
We spent 5 nights here.
The atomasphere is amazing , shops,restaurants galore a bit crazy at times but unreal.
There is a supermarket right outside hotel.
The staff are so friendly and warm they make you feel like your a part of the family. Antonella is so helpful and speaks english very well.The breakfast was so good an incredible variety of food, we had freshly squeezed orange juice every morning the service is outstanding!
Our room was clean and comfortable.
There is also a terrace on the roof so you can see the incredible views.
The location is a great as a base , you can either catch ferry or bus and visit Positano, Sorrento and the Isle of Capri which are all amazing places.
I felt sad to leave Amalfi will definately be back at this hotel, highly recommended!
Pina Volpato

• Stayed July 2013
Herzlia, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Me and my wife just returned after a 6 day stay at this hotel. We found Amalfi ideal to serve as a basis for exploring the whole Amalfi coast. The hotel is located in the "middle of the action" yet it is very quiet and most conveniently is located a few minutes walk from Amalfi's beach. and a short walk from the Luna Rosa parking where we left our car for the entire period , taking it out in the mornings for our trips and returning it afternnins (20 Euro/d) The hotel is located in an old building but its interiors are modern and comfortable . It has all the conveniences even in though we stayed in a standard room ( a bit smallish, especially the bathroom.but it is spotlessly clean). They provide beach towels when going to the beach , The buffet breakfast was delicious with freshly baked pastries each morning, cold cuts, cheese and fresh fruits.And the coffee.....well there is no bad coffee in Italy. We only missed some morning legumes but from the third morning and on they also served fresh tomatoes , even though we did not complain or ask for it. They must have read our minds. The staff is lovely , starting with the lady in charge of the breakfast room and culminating with the always smiling and lovely Gabriella and Antonella who run the place. I don't remember ever before leaving a hotel with kisses on the cheeks of the hosts.
Btw when arrivng and leaving the hotel, they take care to have porters carrying the luggage to/from the parking. Unfortunately the parking was a big disappointment as they pooled a trick on me on the last day. As I was driving down from 3rd level to ground and was taking the last corner, all of a sudden 2 men appeared from nowhere in front of my car making disparate and confusing signs, and shouting in Italian which I don't understand and anyway windows where closed. I had no idea what was the reason and what did they want but it was enough to distract my attention and causing me to take this last turn too sharply and scratching the rear right hand side of the car by touching the walls corner edge.
To make a long story short they said they just wanted to warn me to take the right lane which I did anyway for the previous 5 consecutive mornings when there were no attendants in sight. I was told that since I damaged the wall I had to pay 26.50 euros as compensation. No argument helped and threatened to call the police .I was wondering how did they know that the damage I caused was going to cost 26.50 to repair and not, say 24? Well guess what, they had pre-printed forms in Italian w/o a single word in English on which they had 2 types of "damages" one for 26.50 and another for 46 Euros. Capisci? I was lucky for being charged only 26.50. I have to be thankful they didn't blame for the more severe 46 Euro damage. At 20 Euro per 24 hrs of parking, a "departure fee" of 26.50 is a nice side income. :

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
QLD AUS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I cannot fault this hotel. Location is perfect. Staff are extremely friendly, kind and helpful. Hotel rooms are very modern and clean. i chose this hotel because of the great reviews i read on Trip Advisor, but was surprised with many bonuses to this hotel that weren't mentioned in reviews. For one, the hotel runs 1-2 free tours a day of surrounding areas, one of Positano (you just jump on the local bus and meet the guide in Positano), other of Amalfi and more. The other great bonus was that the hotel arranged for me to be picked up by a driver and taken to a beautiful private pool on a cliff side, that had its own restaurant and bar. Along with a return ride back when I was ready to go, was only 10 Euros.The hotel also organised a private drivate to take me to and from Naples airport (1 1/2hours each way) and his price was 20 Euros cheaper than all the other car companies I looked into. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. I had to stay at a nearby hotel one night because L'antico Convitto was full and the hotel did not compare at all. I loved Amalfi and the surrounding areas. My favourite place in Europe so far.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel L'Antico Convitto? Share your experiences!