“Highly recommended” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 30 Hotels in Amalfi
Herzlia, Israel
“Highly recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Me and my wife just returned after a 6 day stay at this hotel. We found Amalfi ideal to serve as a basis for exploring the whole Amalfi coast. The hotel is located in the "middle of the action" yet it is very quiet and most conveniently is located a few minutes walk from Amalfi's beach. and a short walk from the Luna Rosa parking where we left our car for the entire period , taking it out in the mornings for our trips and returning it afternnins (20 Euro/d) The hotel is located in an old building but its interiors are modern and comfortable . It has all the conveniences even in though we stayed in a standard room ( a bit smallish, especially the bathroom.but it is spotlessly clean). They provide beach towels when going to the beach , The buffet breakfast was delicious with freshly baked pastries each morning, cold cuts, cheese and fresh fruits.And the coffee.....well there is no bad coffee in Italy. We only missed some morning legumes but from the third morning and on they also served fresh tomatoes , even though we did not complain or ask for it. They must have read our minds. The staff is lovely , starting with the lady in charge of the breakfast room and culminating with the always smiling and lovely Gabriella and Antonella who run the place. I don't remember ever before leaving a hotel with kisses on the cheeks of the hosts.
Btw when arrivng and leaving the hotel, they take care to have porters carrying the luggage to/from the parking. Unfortunately the parking was a big disappointment as they pooled a trick on me on the last day. As I was driving down from 3rd level to ground and was taking the last corner, all of a sudden 2 men appeared from nowhere in front of my car making disparate and confusing signs, and shouting in Italian which I don't understand and anyway windows where closed. I had no idea what was the reason and what did they want but it was enough to distract my attention and causing me to take this last turn too sharply and scratching the rear right hand side of the car by touching the walls corner edge.
To make a long story short they said they just wanted to warn me to take the right lane which I did anyway for the previous 5 consecutive mornings when there were no attendants in sight. I was told that since I damaged the wall I had to pay 26.50 euros as compensation. No argument helped and threatened to call the police .I was wondering how did they know that the damage I caused was going to cost 26.50 to repair and not, say 24? Well guess what, they had pre-printed forms in Italian w/o a single word in English on which they had 2 types of "damages" one for 26.50 and another for 46 Euros. Capisci? I was lucky for being charged only 26.50. I have to be thankful they didn't blame for the more severe 46 Euro damage. At 20 Euro per 24 hrs of parking, a "departure fee" of 26.50 is a nice side income. :

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
QLD AUS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I cannot fault this hotel. Location is perfect. Staff are extremely friendly, kind and helpful. Hotel rooms are very modern and clean. i chose this hotel because of the great reviews i read on Trip Advisor, but was surprised with many bonuses to this hotel that weren't mentioned in reviews. For one, the hotel runs 1-2 free tours a day of surrounding areas, one of Positano (you just jump on the local bus and meet the guide in Positano), other of Amalfi and more. The other great bonus was that the hotel arranged for me to be picked up by a driver and taken to a beautiful private pool on a cliff side, that had its own restaurant and bar. Along with a return ride back when I was ready to go, was only 10 Euros.The hotel also organised a private drivate to take me to and from Naples airport (1 1/2hours each way) and his price was 20 Euros cheaper than all the other car companies I looked into. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. I had to stay at a nearby hotel one night because L'antico Convitto was full and the hotel did not compare at all. I loved Amalfi and the surrounding areas. My favourite place in Europe so far.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I experienced that best customer service from all the ladies who formed the team of staff at this hotel. They assisted me above and beyond their roles to make sure I was ok.
As a solo traveller I would highly recommend staying here, I also saw quite a few families and other couples who all seemed to be happy with there experience.
The room was lovely, clean and quiet at night, it is on the Main Street so I was a little concerned.
The supermarket just out the front of the entrance is very convenient. It is worth taking you breakfast up to the roof top terrace and enjoying the view each day.
I found Amalfi very crowded however this hotel made it the trip special for me, thanks heaps to the hotel ladies and Macs Adventures..

Room Tip: Make sure the hotel has baggage transfer service if your doing a walk between towns, this made a big...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Chalfont Saint Peter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

After spending a whole day travelling by train and boat to Amalfi we stepped foot in the door of the hotel and we were given a warm welcome and shown our room. It wasn't a big hotel but it was a lovely clean room and it had a shower with a seat and a corner bath which was a Jacuzzi. It also had a lovely balcony overlooking the sea and the church. The bed was very comfortable and the breakfasts were scrumptious. Antonella and Gabriella couldn't do enough for us and were able to give us all the information we needed to have a great stay in Amalfi. It was the personal touch that I liked which you don't always get in big hotels. They booked sun loungers on the beach printed off bus timetables for us told us the best way to get to the airport by public transport and left us a message when they had booked tickets for us for a concert in Ravello. I used the Jacuzzi bath every night so I almost washed myself away and the really nice thing was at the end of the week Gabriella gave us a bottle of Limoncello to bring back with us all beautifully packaged. It was the little things they did which made all the difference. Thank you Antonella and Gabriella. We would love to come again one day. Incidentally being a small hotel they don't have a fitness centre but it didn't matter. I just couldn't get rid of the green dot. Sara Shipton Chalfont St Peter England

Room Tip: Go for the room we had. I really enjoyed the Jacuzzi bath.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Zichron Yaakov, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

My family (5) wes staying during 11th-14th August 2013.
Friendly and assisting staff.
Big and quiet room.
Good location, 7 minutes’ walk from the central parking and 5 from the sea.
Very nice place with spectacular scenery for eating/relaxing on the roof.
Supermarket at the entrance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I am a solo traveller and stayed in this beautiful hotel from 31st July till 5th August 2013. I celebrated my birthday on the first night of my stay at this hotel.
The staff are amazing, fresh coffee and use of all amenities. Their politeness and helpfulness was reassuring in what's the best thing to do in Amalfi. If you can speak a little Italian it does go a long way with a smile. I cannot thank the staff and manager enough for my stay at the hotel!!
I had a little help with after sun lotion put on my back as I was burned but Gabriella made it better for me. If you are kind and chatty like me - you will definitely get the very best of this hotel and of course the people in Amalfi town of Italy!!!
I am coming again to this hotel soon because I love it like a home from home! This hotel is just perfect and stunning with high ceilings!! Also I must point out fantastic shower with water jets everywhere in the shower. Just enough to cool off from high temperatures of 35-40 degrees peak season!! Love it!!! Xx

• Stayed August 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

First and foremost, the staff were very very friendly and helpful, including a recommendation about a very good restaurant in Amalfi. We hired the family room which fitted the 5 of us. The room was clean and comfortable, with a small kitchen. The location is a bit strange - third floor of a building in Amalfi - other floors occupied with other hotels - but very convenient. A supermarket downstairs and all the locations easily accessible by foot.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel L'Antico Convitto? Share your experiences!