“Loved it!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Amalfi
Davis, California
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Other than the jacuzzi tub in my room (!), which was unexpected and oh, so appreciated, what made this hotel excellent was the service. The front desk was outstanding with excellent dinner recommendations, good directions, and even they lent us books to map out our walks. Ever ready with the maps! Nice breakfast. Good shower, hair dryer and towels. Right in the middle of Amalfi, a nice place to launch from. We loved our stay and would gladly rebook.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Osaka, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

In this vacation ,I stayed various kinds of hotels including a five star hotel.But L'Antico convitto is the most memorable hotel in Italy.The room is clean & cute.The location is convenient.Most of all,the staffs are very kind & friendly.The way to Amalfi by bus was so hard for me & my 4 year old boy,but I'd love to visit Amalfi again just to stay this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

We spent 5 nights here in early March and it was fantastic. Perfect location in the heart of Amalfi - the best town on the Amalfi Coast, the room was very attractive, clean and very comfortable. Breakfasts were very good. Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and helpful and made our stay an absolute delight.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

This hotel could not be in a better location it is right in the centre of town if a little hard to find but I'll blame google maps and wind mobile for that! The staff were great they let me reschedule my prepaid stay after I broke my ribs and couldn't come on the intended night. I drove up from Ragusa that day and arrived late which was no issue the lady at the front desk was really friendly and spoke perfect English which is nice (my Italian is mediocre at best, got the swear words down pat thou). Breakfast was fresh and tasty and the town is amazing even in winter would definatly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

They upgraded us at no extra cost since we were staying during off season. Breakfast was amazing, and the staff was super friendly and helpful. We loved the town of Amalfi as well. We would recommend this area and hotel!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This is the best hotel with the loveliest staff I have ever stayed in. Unfortunately, we only spent a night here - but we are determined to come back. Everything is furnished and equipped with so much love for detail and so much taste (e.g. floor with beautifully ornamented local ceramic tiles), the owners and staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and it is really good value. The room we had (no.7) was spacious with two big windows, everything new, clean and in a perfect state with heating, TV, view of the sea (partial) and the cathedral, very comfy bed and couch, big closet etc. The bathroom had a spacious massage shower. Bakery smell attracted us towards the breakfast room with lots of choices including local delicacies. We had a rental car and they arranged parking for us in a nearby garage. The hotel couldn't be better located - right next to the cathedral, in the city centre. It was a wonderful experience altogether and I would recommend this hotel without hesitation to anyone!

Room Tip: We asked for the best room in our category and got number 7 which was excellent.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is the best hotel I have stayed in on my trip to Rome, Sorrento, Capri and the Amalfi Coast.

The hotel is centrally located within 5 minutes walking distance from the bus station, just off the main street Via Pietro Capuano. With 2 heavy luggages, it was a blessing that there is NO stairs to climb to reach the hotel.

I have travelled frequently on business and have stayed at many 5 stars hotel but nothing beats the good service and attention to details showed by the staff of L'Antico Convitto Hotel:

* Weeks prior to my arrival, Ms Antonella emailed me with 2 good maps of the Amalfi Coast and Amalfi town. 3 days before my arrival, she followed up with another mail offering help should I have difficulties in getting to the hotel.

* Coming from Singapore, I needed information on the SITA bus schedule and the ferry schedule to Capri (given it is winter season and the schedule could be different). Ms Antonella emailed me the latest and current version of both bus and ferry schedule. This helps greatly with my travel planning.

* The owners, Ms Gabriella and Mr Rino, were equally helpful. Knowing I have erroneously bought 2 full day SITA bus ticket which I didnt use, Rino offered to buy it back from me.

The rooms in L'Antico Convitto were big, new, and well furnished. Wifi is free and has good signal.

The breakfast has variety and the waiter service was prompt and attentive.

All in, it was a memorable stay and good value for money. I would definitely recommend it to anyone coming to the seaside town of Amalfi.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel L'Antico Convitto? Share your experiences!