“A hotel that has the heart and soul of Amalfi” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Hotel La Ninfa to your Saves list
Prices are for rooms, adults
Hotel La Ninfa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Mauro Comite 35 | Strada Statale Amalfitana, 84011 Amalfi, Italy   |
Ranked #10 of 30 hotels in Amalfi
Cairo, Egypt
“A hotel that has the heart and soul of Amalfi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

Hotel La Ninfa is a small and very cozy hotel that has the spirit of Amalfi, a beautiful little town overlooking the Mediterranean sea.
I stayed there with my husband for our honeymoon for 4 nights... and I have to say that it was the best honeymoon one can ever experience.
I would like to list the things that make this hotel a perfect stay for anyone in Amalfi:
1. The Owner... Maurizio...is the reason this hotel is a major success. He treats his guests as if they were in their own home. He makes sure that their satisfaction is his sole priority. When we first arrived he offered us an upgrade for our room from standard room to a superior room for a very low price. Then when he knew we were on our honeymoon he gave us a gift by upgrading the superior room to a junior suite. I must say this was a gesture you dont experience much at many hotels. Maurizio will go out of his way to help his guests in any matter.
2. The Location of Hotel... it is situated on a beautiful cliff that directly overviews the sea. The views of Amalfi are absolutely stunning from the left and right sides of the hotel. The hotel is around 10 minutes walk away from the city center and has a SITA bus station two steps away from it.
3. The Beach...The most important thing that made me choose this hotel is that it has a beautiful private beach which you cannot find anywhere else in Amalfi. You can go down to the beach via steps, in which you can enjoy the trip up and down from it as you see the nature in the mountains.
4. The Rooms...Designed in a way that makes you view the sea from anywhere... even when taking a shower in the bathroom. The rooms are very cozy and are designed in a very creative and efficient way.
5. The Food..... Ninfa offers italian breakfast which adds more feel of the spirit of Amalfi. The croissant is absolutely delicious and the coffee is amazing.

La Ninfa hotel is indeed one of the best hotels I have stayed in... and I recommend any person who wants to enjoy Amalfi the way it is should stay in this hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

458 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

Located about one mile west of bustling Amalfi on the main coastal road, perched above its own private beach on the sea and across the street from its quaint parking lot, the Mediterranean chic of La Ninfa forces you to forget that you paid a paltry 70 euros per night. The rooms are tastefully decorated and supplied with premium beds, the cheery bathrooms are fully equipped (save for a bath) and the bar/salon is a bright, stylish aerie that affords a panoramic view of the Mediterranean.

An entirely satisfactory continental breakfast is provided, and although La Ninfa doesn't have a restaurant, there are scads of good ones nearby and in all directions. Should you be too worn out from a day of sightseeing, however, the highly personable and informative staff will fetch such simple fare as pizza and spaghetti for you, at no cost whatsoever.

So. Location, convenience, style, comfort, economy and warm hospitality are La Ninfa's strengths. The four nights and three days we spent there simply wasn't long enough to discover any weaknesses.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Paris, F
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

Maurizio and the ladies were wonderful hosts. Since the reservation procedure (by e-mail and telephone) me and my partner could see how everything was very organized and honest, and the room pitcures were of much help. Maurizio also provided nice white wine and flowers from me for my partner, as this was our honeymoon.

We wanted to stay in one the rooms with view from the beginning, but everything was booked, so we spent our first 3 days in one of the inside rooms. I have to confess I was not very excited, but, WOW! Lovely decoration, very good air conditioning, lots of space and everything very clean and tidy. We just had a little problem with the curtains, because the luminosity in the morning can be a little uncomfortabe if you want to sleep in the morning.

When we finally moved to the other room, I had no words to describe how content I was... Wonderful decoration with the stunning view of the sea. It was a room outside of the main building of the hotel, so we were a little concerned about safety and silence, but the sound-sealing doors did great and of course it was very safe after all. Downside is that we did't enjoy the mattress very much (it was too hard), so we had a somewhat difficult time sleeping in the first 2 nights till we got used to it. Maurizio could think about offering a softer cover for the mattress, it would be highly appreciated, specially if your skin is all sunburnt and you want to have a deep sleep relaxation.

Other than this very little details, all the rest was incredible. Good breakfast (could have a little variation from one day to the other), luxury private beach with elevator (price not included) and the sweet smile and help of Maddalena and Maria, the very nice ladies from room service, that are always happy to give suggestions of restaurants and must-sees around the hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2010

This hotel is situated in a very beautiful part of Italy .. I found the staff a great resource of local information of where to eat, what to see and how best to get there ... nothing was to much trouble for them to enable you to have the best possible exsperience holiday

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

This hotel is such a great place. It is absolutely beautiful. It's right on the coast where you can watch the sunrise over the mediterranean sea and there's also a beach right below. The owner is fantastic, friendly, and helpful- he will personally help you in any way and make sure your stay is great. The Italian breakfast each morning is really good and you will miss it when you leave! It's just like a dream.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Canterbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

Well, I arrived at La Ninfa with my friend late in the evening, to be told my luggage was at Naples airport!!! I'm holding this(as I thought my suitcase) saying no I have it here, where upon my friend said no..thats not your suitcase it's at the airport , you've picked up the wrong suitcase!!! disaster....no Maurizio came to the rescue and without me having to do anything organised my suitcase to be sent to the hotel the next day(and being a Sunday in Italy that was a miracle) The views from the Hotel are stunning, our room was fresh and clean and everything we needeed, I just wish I'd upgraded to a room with a seaview as they were stunning.
Breakfast was great for all with a sweet tooth, the crouisants were to die for, my only minor negative thing I could say was I'd love to have a choice of a savoury dish for breakfast.
Would I go back...definately, and I'd make sure I booked a room with a view, Thank you Maurizio for making our stay so enjoyable, Heather & Pat

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

The Hotel La Ninfa is a little jewel perched high on the cliffs of Amalfi. The rooms are simple but exceptionally clean with all the comforts required. The general area is great for a drink and is a beautiful location for breakfast. Breakfast is simple but they had the best croissants I have ever had. Great essprsso also. Away from the main town of Amalfi but a bus passes the front door so getting around is a breeze. Carmen was especially helpful. Ask them to arrange for a dinner at La Taverna dei Briganti. You will be amazed. We were! The walk to the private beach is a must. The swimming was supurb.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Hotel La Ninfa? Share your experiences!