“Perfect location for our honeymoon! ” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel La Ninfa

Save Saved
You added Hotel La Ninfa to your Saves list
Hotel La Ninfa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Mauro Comite 35 | Strada Statale Amalfitana, 84011 Amalfi, Italy   |
Ranked #10 of 30 Hotels in Amalfi
Leamington Spa, England, United Kingdom
“Perfect location for our honeymoon! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We had never been to Amalfi before and it totally exceeded our expectations. Hotel La Ninfa was a perfect location for our stay- within a reasonable walking distance of the main town centre and an abundance of beautiful views of the stunning Amalfi coast. Beautifully quiet with nothing but the waves from the sea to lull you to sleep- wonderful! The food for breakfast was nice and was served on a large balcony overlooking the sea-amazing view! We were delighted to be upgraded for the first two nights of our stay to a superior room which was just off the main hotel with a stunning view and a gorgeous balcony. We had a wonderful honeymoon and would have no hesitation in recommending Hotel La Ninfa :-)

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

The positive stuff is: The views are amazing! The breakfast room was nice. We stayed in the junior suite which was a nice room with private balcony over the sea and a lovely bathroom. The place is clean enough and in reasonably good order. I think the reviewer below has been a bit harsh there. Some of the staff were friendly and helpful some not – see below.

The negative stuff is: The bedroom was not properly made up every day. The bed wasn’t made, dirty wine glasses not removed from the room, and it didn’t look vacuumed. In fact I think the only thing they actually did is replace the towels.

There are no kettles or tea making facilities in the rooms which is a big negative for me. If I stay in a hotel I want to be able to make myself a drink and for the price I paid I would expect this.

The breakfast ‘buffet’ is poor – just sickly jam croissants and some dryish cake and a bit of fruit. Nothing savoury at all and no variation. Also some heavily watered down fruit juice and coffee to order. The coffee was ok but you had to ask the cleaner \ breakfast woman to make it. She was often disappearing which made getting more than one cup hard. Also breakfast is served from 8am…on the last day we had to go for our flight by 8 at the latest so at 7.50 I asked for a quick coffee and the woman refused to serve me until 8, indicating she was putting the breakfast out. I explained I had a flight and she just shrugged her shoulders at me in a very rude way and walked off. I find that pretty ridiculous as it was totally deserted with no one else around waiting at 7.50 on Sunday morning, and it would have delayed her breakfast preparations (i.e. putting the dry cake out on a table) by all of 1 minute to make us a coffee.

The location is about a 20-30 minute walk to Amalfi and parts of it are on a winding road with no pavement which felt a little dangerous, particularly at night.

Overall it was a nice enough place and not bad value but just let down by a few things they could easily correct. I hope they listen to comments on here because you would struggle to get better views for any price.

Room Tip: The junior suite is the decent room with the balcony and the amazing views
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mannheim, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

This place is not a hotel. It hardly meets the requirements for a bed and breakfast. The only good thing it has to offer is its view, but please don't fall for that.

Couple of facts about me before you read on:
-I've lived in Italy and have been to the amalfi coast three times and have also traveled all over the country at numerous other hotels and locations.
-In general, I am an avid traveler, particularly in Europe and have had the taste of everything from 2 star hotels to top-notch 5 star ones. Based on my experience, this is absolutely not a 3 star hotel.

I won't waste your time with a story, but here are the facts:

The purpose of the visit:
- a romantic getaway
- exploring the amalfi coast

Room type:
-Junior Suite: This was meant to be their best room and the only room with a balcony, which in fact, turned out to be simply a small hallway "converted" into a room. There is no bed, there is only a mattress on top of mosaics, so if you move, guess what, your entire "bed" moves. Also, it's the size of a "full bed", meaning even my bed at the age of 16 was larger than this. We were two fairly fit people, and we love cuddling, but this was simply uncomfortable. The bathroom was the nicest feature of this room. Actually the bathroom was the nicest room of this entire "hotel".

General facts:

- dirty, dirty, dirty beyond belief. There were finger nails next to my pillow. There were spots of blood all over the walls (probably from killing insects). They had two plastic chairs and a little table in the middle of the room that had food and stain underneath its glass. After asking the staff to clean it, they cleaned the top of the glass again instead of clearly noticing where the problem was. The dark blue bed cover you see in the nice "hotel" pictures had white spots on it (it wasn't by design)...The "balcony" wasn't much better either. It was completely invaded by ants, so if you decide to sit there on a nice afternoon and sip a glass of wine, you may make some new friends ...of a different specie...also, as a result, having any kind of food in the room is "forbidden" by the management.

Location:

- you HAVE to take the bus to town otherwise plan on walking for a good 30 minutes uphill.
- The views are nice

Breakfast:
-non-existent. They served cake and stale croissants (the ones you get in plastic bags from the supermarket). The cappuccino was good.

The other rooms:
We were terribly unhappy with the Junior suite, but at the sight of seeing the other rooms, we felt "lucky"! The other rooms are even smaller, they don't have balconies and most don't have any views. Also, you have absolutely no privacy here, everyone sees you come and go, everyone hears the fly next door because honestly, they don't have real doors, they have these sliding "doors" that have a little "hook" to close them.

Hotel staff:
Unfriendly and had an attitude. I am not sure if we were the guests or if they were doing us a favor by letting us pay them for this hardly tolerable place.

Overall:

-If you have any sense of minimum standards that you expect from a hotel, avoid this place by all means. This place ruined our holiday, and made everything much more stressful, as we had to wake up with back pain and worrying about what we touch and where we step the whole time.

- if you are used to bed and breakfasts and you are a budget traveler, this place is OK and has nice views.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

This was our second stay at the hotel La Ninfa. The first time was in Easter 2011. We rented again the Junior Suite with small balcony. The room from this room is just breathtaking. My wife is in love with this view, and consider this hotel a special place. We always had our breakfast on the balcony to enjoy the view. In my opinion, this hotel has the right feeling for a romantic gateway with your loved one. The hotel is also at walking distance from town, so you can have a nice walk to reach one of the good restaurants in town. I suggest you visit Amalfi in low season. There were very few turist around in November, the weather was a bit rainy but who cared, and costs are very reasonable.

Room Tip: I strongly recommend the Junior Suite
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I must begin discussing the setting of this hotel. The hotel itself is nestled at the top of a cliff above a beautiful public beach (about 500 steps down if I remember correctly). From the seaview rooms you have an amazing view of the Sea and into town. Absolutely stunning. The hotel itself is nice, the rooms are alright, somewhat outdated but certainly liveable. If you do decide to stay at this hotel make sure that you pay the extra for the seaview room. There is a nice common area on the main floor where breakfast is served in the open sea air, something we took advantage of each of the four mornings that we were in Amalfi. While it is true that the town is about 1 km from the hotel it really only matters when you are arriving/leaving with luggage; otherwise the walk is about 10 minutes into town and filled with stunning views. The bus will drop you off and pick you up right in front of the hotel as well if you do have luggage (tickets can be purchased in town). The beach below the hotel is beautiful (and free), it is a bit of a hike up the stairs but not too bad. Overall, my fiancee and I had a great experience here; it is a reasonably priced alternative in a fairly expensive part of Italy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bergamo, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

Il mio ragazzo ed io ci abbiamo dormito solo una notte di dicembre ma ci siamo trovati veramente benissimo! Ci siamo svegliati con il dolce rumore del mare ed un sole stupendo. Lo consiglio vivamente :)

My boyfriend and I stayed here only one night in December and It was very beautiful! We woke up in the morning with the sweet noise of the sea and a very shining sun. I recommend this hotel :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed here for a day, Amalfi is a beautiful place w.r.t. the hotel
THe Hotel was approx 800m-1km from the main center, but it is over the hill so getting there walking along with strolleys, seemed like 4km. You can take the bus which we were not aware of before we reached the hotel.
Staf was ok, approach of the room was through a small spiral staircase, mind u I mean really small, we had 2 bags not that big and it was difficult to get the bags to the rooms. So if its a bigger bag u'l have a real tough time.
Room was clean n tidy with a fridge, also complimentary wi-fi which was somewhat weak. View from the window of the room was breathtaking over-looking the sea.Bed was ok
The bathroom was outside the room, which was a put off although it was a private one.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel La Ninfa? Share your experiences!