This place is not a hotel. It hardly meets the requirements for a bed and breakfast. The only good thing it has to offer is its view, but please don't fall for that.
Couple of facts about me before you read on:
-I've lived in Italy and have been to the amalfi coast three times and have also traveled all over the country at numerous other hotels and locations.
-In general, I am an avid traveler, particularly in Europe and have had the taste of everything from 2 star hotels to top-notch 5 star ones. Based on my experience, this is absolutely not a 3 star hotel.
I won't waste your time with a story, but here are the facts:
The purpose of the visit:
- a romantic getaway
- exploring the amalfi coast
-Junior Suite: This was meant to be their best room and the only room with a balcony, which in fact, turned out to be simply a small hallway "converted" into a room. There is no bed, there is only a mattress on top of mosaics, so if you move, guess what, your entire "bed" moves. Also, it's the size of a "full bed", meaning even my bed at the age of 16 was larger than this. We were two fairly fit people, and we love cuddling, but this was simply uncomfortable. The bathroom was the nicest feature of this room. Actually the bathroom was the nicest room of this entire "hotel".
- dirty, dirty, dirty beyond belief. There were finger nails next to my pillow. There were spots of blood all over the walls (probably from killing insects). They had two plastic chairs and a little table in the middle of the room that had food and stain underneath its glass. After asking the staff to clean it, they cleaned the top of the glass again instead of clearly noticing where the problem was. The dark blue bed cover you see in the nice "hotel" pictures had white spots on it (it wasn't by design)...The "balcony" wasn't much better either. It was completely invaded by ants, so if you decide to sit there on a nice afternoon and sip a glass of wine, you may make some new friends ...of a different specie...also, as a result, having any kind of food in the room is "forbidden" by the management.
- you HAVE to take the bus to town otherwise plan on walking for a good 30 minutes uphill.
- The views are nice
-non-existent. They served cake and stale croissants (the ones you get in plastic bags from the supermarket). The cappuccino was good.
The other rooms:
We were terribly unhappy with the Junior suite, but at the sight of seeing the other rooms, we felt "lucky"! The other rooms are even smaller, they don't have balconies and most don't have any views. Also, you have absolutely no privacy here, everyone sees you come and go, everyone hears the fly next door because honestly, they don't have real doors, they have these sliding "doors" that have a little "hook" to close them.
Unfriendly and had an attitude. I am not sure if we were the guests or if they were doing us a favor by letting us pay them for this hardly tolerable place.
-If you have any sense of minimum standards that you expect from a hotel, avoid this place by all means. This place ruined our holiday, and made everything much more stressful, as we had to wake up with back pain and worrying about what we touch and where we step the whole time.
- if you are used to bed and breakfasts and you are a budget traveler, this place is OK and has nice views.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Venere, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel La Ninfa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Ninfa Hotel
- La Ninfa Amalfi