First, we appreciate all who rated so highly to help us make a selection for our first trip to Amalfi. We try hard to be patient with problems so as not to be viewed as another "ugly American." All properties may have problems with a room from time to time, but it's THE WAY THEY HANDLE THEM THAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE.
Here's what we found upon arriving at our "Deluxe" 220 E/night room:
1) Tub with no shower curtain...no way to keep from getting water all over the floor.
2) Room not cooled with A/C for our arrival on an unusually hot Sept. afternoon...top floor, facing the sun, no door opened to private terract=OVEN.
3) Once A/C started cooling, it leaked condensation all over the bedroom floor, which we immediately started collecting with limited towels and the waste container.
4) Maddalena seemed insulted when we politely reported the issues, and stated that it was "impossible" that the A/C would leak water. We also noticed that the A/C air filters were FILTHY, thus limiting the air flow. I removed them temporarily to remedy that problem. The bathroom exhaust fan was also full of lint, reducing its effectiveness. The young man helping Maddalena said that he would fix everything while we were out for dinner, but nothing had changed upon our return late that evening. I have photos if anyone would like to see proof.
5) The following morning, I politely asked if it would be possible for us to depart without futher charge, but Maddalena quickly printed off their cancellation policy...no way. Not being fluent in English, Maddalena demanded that I "write all problems down" for her. No apology whatsoever for any inconveniences.
6) Less importantly, their are many many steps to get to this Deluxe room and one other. Not a problem for us, but could be for some. Also, the property is not in Amalfi, but is actually in a small village of "Lone."
7) For 220E/night, we learned that there are better values in the area, even around pricery Positano. I don't mind the rate as long as there's good service.
Bottom line, these are young people managing this property, who in our opinion, haven't learned how you're supposed to treat clients. THEIR POOR ATTITUDE IS UNACCEPTABLE AT ANY PRICE, BUT ESPECIALLY FOR 220 E/NIGHT.
We recommend that you look further at not be disappointed with a four night stay that will be in excess of $1000!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.