“One of our best stays in Amalfi coast.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Villa Lara to your Saves list
Villa Lara
Via delle Cartiere, 1, 84011 Amalfi, Italy   |
Ranked #6 of 30 Hotels in Amalfi
“One of our best stays in Amalfi coast.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

It was by chance that we found this stunning villa, after a disappointment from another apartment in Amalfi. This villa is stupendous , designed and clean rooms, very nice breakfast, great location , very close to the center, yet far enough from the crowd, fantastic views , very friendly and helpful staff, we definitely be back again.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Long Valley, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I experienced part of our honeymoon at this absolutely lovely place in Amalfi back in April 2013. I cannot say enough about how wonderful it was. It is nestled high above one of the cliff tops. It has amazing views as we spent so much time just leaning on the railing looking at all that surrounds you. It is quaint place and feels like home. Nello and Luca (and the entire staff) make you feel just like family. Their hospitality was excellent and they didn't hesitate to go above and beyond to answer questions, recommend restaurants, call taxis, help with luggage and a ton of other little things. It was absolutely a pleasure to spend our time in Amalfi here and I'd recommend it to anyone wondering where to stay. Thank you Villa Lara. We hope to see you again!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I and 6 month old daughter had the most wonderful week in Amalfi staying at Villa Lara. Grazie mille to Nello and Luca for being such excellent hosts. The hotel is well priced offering a homely charm and breakfast. We loved it.
Thank you Villa Lara.
Mano, Julie Diem and Prosper xx

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
CharlieCapp
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I had booked the Villa Lara several months before my scheduled trip to Amalfi and I was trying to find the entrance to the hotel from Google maps. I found what I thought was the entrance, and took a screen shot and sent an e-mail to the hotel along with the screen shot. The next day I received and e-mail back telling me that that was not the entrance. I also received another screen shot that showed me exactly what the entrance looked like. The e-mail was signed Nello and even in broken English, I understood exactly where I had to park, and where the entrance to the hotel was.
One week before the trip I sent another e-mail to Nello asking that he make a dinner reservation at a restaurant (EOLO) for my wife and I to celebrate her birthday at 6:30 PM. I received an e-mail back saying that restaurants there don't usually open until 7:30PM and he asked if I wanted a reservation then. We had quite a nice exchange of e-mails and I was looking forward to meeting Nello and Lucca.
On arrival we discovered a stairway with 150 steps leading up to the hotel entrance. We also discovered a sign pointing to an elevator that took you right to the front door, a welcome sight considering we were carrying 3 bags.
When we got into the hotel, we found a charming seven room B & B with a beautiful view of the town and the Mediterranean harbor of Amalfi. The breakfast area is on a patio and has the view I just described. The room was large with skylights, and the bath area was wonderful.
Both Nello and Lucca went out of their way to make sure that we were comfortable. They answered all of our questions, recommended restaurants and other shops, and advised us on what sights to see in Amalfi, Positano, and of course, the Isle of Capri.
I would recommend this B&B to anyone and everyone.
Charlie Cappello

Room Tip: All of the rooms that I saw were great.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Irvine, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed at Villa Lara for one week in August. It was a great hotel. Very quiet and an excellent view from the balcony. A great place to relax and enjoy the ocean view while being served a great Italian breakfast. The staff are really polite and friendly. Nello, Luca and Alfonso. We really felt that they were our friends. They helped with anything we needed. I highly recommend this hotel. The room was very clean. I will definitely stay there again. I loved Amalfi. I will go again very soon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Wonderful Inn, delightfully just outside the main tourist bustle, but still only a 10 minute walk to all the activity. The magnificent setting, and excellent guest accommodations, were only exceeded by the real local warmth of the staff, who were both incredibly helpful and delightfully proud of their spectacular home. Would return again in a heartbeat! Phil

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

An extraordinary experience. The view from the terrace is exceeded only by the service. In particular Luca was extremely helpful and a pleasure to deal with, guiding us to the best dining and sights! The hotel was very solicitous of our needs and even contacted us before our arrival! A lovely experience that felt authentic and non touristic! Arun

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Villa Lara? Share your experiences!