It's a bit of a walk up the main street (5 minutes from the centre) - but gives you an opportunity to get out of the small main center and closer to feeling less like a tourist. Great breakfast buffet and view, and the gents managing are very accommodating. Also, the shower is very easy to use. Wifi is available from the main area which is nice, clean, and bright - but you should not be on the net while on vacation anyway! (There is also a communal computer here available in multiple languages - French, Russian, English, Italian and more). I very much liked that there was a mini-espresso bar inside and the team there was always willing to make me one :)
There is a small series of steps to take your luggage up and then you can access the elevator. I challenge you to try the steps (sans luggage) - great short workout (hills are everywhere). Also consider bringing some hiking shoes and walking through some of the mountains there - Not easy I suspect but wish I did.
Key things I did that the team (Luca, Alessandro, Nello) at Villa Lara suggested:
- Ate at Donna Stella pizza
- Walked to the neighbouring town for dinner
- Had a small boat take me to a private windsurfer beach
- Went to Ischia (and visited Europe's largest thermal spa - Posiedon - 3hr trip so be prepared but worth it!)
(PS. Luca speaks French, English, Italian and maybe more. I was amazed to how many languages some people on my trip spoke!)
Enjoy your trip!
(Amalfi was a great place to kick off my trek across Italy)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Villa Lara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Lara Hotel Amalfi
- Lara Hotel Amalfi