“Great for lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #77 of 94 Restaurants in Amalfi
Cuisines: Italian, International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Bar Flavio Gioia is located in front of the Ferry & Bus stops and by the beautiful beaches in Amalfi, offering Homemade Gelato, Freshly Baked Pastries and Sweets, Salads, Panini, Pasta, Night Snacks and more. The Bar Flavio Gioia is a family owned business and the locals and the visitors have been enjoying our Expresso, Cappuccino, Special Cocktails and Fresh Deli since 1985. We are doing our best to offer you quality products with a friendly service so please stop by on your next visit to the most beautiful coasts in the world!
Bedford, England, United Kingdom
“Great for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

When we holiday in Sorrento, we always spend a day in Amalfi and this where we head to for lunch, everything is made fresh to order and the service is very good too.
Prices are very good, especially considering the seafront location. Good cocktails too.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bedford, England, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife and I had lunch here today, we previously ate here in October 2011.

Lovely freshly prepared food which was quick and very tasty, the Bruschetta Amalfitana comes highly recommended, such a simple but amazingly flavoursome dish.
Good gelato too and excellent and friendly service.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Denver, Colorado
“Best Gelato of the Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I had some time to kill before catching the ferry to Salerno. This is the closest restaurant to the ferry ticket office so I thought it would be a good place to have an espresso. Then I notice they had gelato. I hadn't had an off the charts gelato on my trip up until this point. I decided I would try the chocolate and the pistachio. WOW!!! They were so creamy and flavorful - just like the name. I liked them both so much I decided to turn my gelato treat into a feast by ordering a second cup. The gentleman at the counter was so nice too. He explained about the ferry ticket office hours and pointed out when my ferry arrived.

• Visited October 2012
madrid
“Be aware with the service fares !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

If you just want a coffee, better go to another place: they charge the same service rate for coffee than for a meal. 2 coffees plus un cornetto, 9 Eur

I will not come back again !!! This is not the way for taking care of the turists

• Visited November 2012
London
“Awesome Bar, cool staff & the best Vanilla Tea in Italy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We travelled length & breadth of Italy, drinking tea...but when we found Bar Flavio - we found the best Vanilla Tea in Italy...it was warm, aromatic & exotic! Also highly recommend the fresh orange & lemon juices. The host, Andrea is an awesome & unassuming...a hot spot for chillaxing, people watching or making plans!

• Visited August 2012