“One of the best places we've stayed in” 5 of 5 stars

Il Porticciolo di Amalfi
Annunziatella, 38, 84011 Amalfi, Italy   |
Ranked #2 of 32 Amalfi B&B and Inns
Sligo, Ireland
“One of the best places we've stayed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

The views over the town and the sea are spectacular. The owners could not have friendlier. They were very kind to the kids. They heard we were attending a wedding and took our suits/dresses which had got crushed en route down through Italy. They brought the stuff to their own home and ironed it,at no extra charge! Rooms are comfy and a decent size. Breakfast lovely and the breakfast room on the roof spectacular. Amalfi village is expensive but the beach is fantastic and the surrounding coastline is very impressive. Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Panchkula, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I had one of my best experiences in this place. The coast is absolutely beautiful, and this b&b has a fantastic view. The staff is the probably the friendliest staff I have ever come across, and I have done my fair share travelling. They are extremely accommodating, and ensure that you have the most comfortable stay.

This may seem like a very partial review, but there is a reason for that. My plan was unconfirmed till the last minute, so I kept changing my booking with them. They were extremely accommodating and gave us the most comfortable stay ever.

We got late for breakfast in the morning, and they still served us with the biggest smile and told us about the places around.

I will definitely recommend it to any and every one.

Room Tip: Select the twin or quadruple room with Sea View
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

If you wish to enjoy Amalfi in all tranquility and enjoy the best service, Il porticciolo d'Amalfi is certainly the right choice.

I had the please to meet Carmela and Massimo who took excellent care of me. They were very accommodating and made my stay really enjoyable. I was permitted to leave my luggages for an extra night when I left for Capri, and they took care of my car so I had nothing to worry about.

The room I stayed was beautifully decorated with a stupendous view. It was perfect for families since it had two connecting rooms sharing one bathroom.

The location is great, a 7 min stroll away from the city center, you can either take the walk through the raised corridor or down lining the coast.

Highly recommended, truly the gem of Amalfi.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I highly recommend 'Il Porticciolo di Amalfi'.

I just got back from Il Porticciolo di Amalfii then I've already missed Calmera sooooooo much!!

I stayed at a room 'Grecale': suite of two rooms, a lounge and a bedroom, both have windows with sea view
This room has 2 rooms so I & my friend shared them as own room. Enough space for 2 person.
www.amalfiporticciolo.it offers 2 type of 'how to reach'. So I didn't have any problem even I have a big suitcase.

・Very clean! Just renovated in 2012 & cleaning lady come everyday.
・Easy to find! You can see 'yellow wall B&B' from Amarfi central area.
・Easy to access! Just less than 10 min walk to Duomo.
・Very quiet! You only can hear 'ocean wave sound' nicely at night time.
・Great ocean view! located just in front of the coast.
・Perfect shower! Water pressure is so strong & enough hot water.
・Excellent host! Carmella is so wonderful. really warm heart, so helpful, so friendly, so perfect.
・Incredible terrace! Breakfast time is like a dream time.

Amalfi is 'Slopes & Steps Town'. Difficulty find flat area.
But I do love Amalfi and especially love 'Il Porticciolo di Amalfi' so much!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Il Porticiollo is very cosy and nice B&B with large and clean rooms decorated with wonderful ceramic details. There was a terrace with amazing seaview where we started our day with delicious breakfast. Special thanks to the hostess Carmela! She was perfect, very nice and extremely helpful!
p.s. Carmela ci vediamo il prossimo anno!)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

If you are going to Amalfi then there is only one place you MUST stay; Il Porticciolo. A beautiful little B&B just 5 minute walk from the centre of Amalfi, built into the Amalfi hills, with outstanding views. The room was cool, clean and comfortable; it really felt like a home away from home. Above all the host Carmella was an absolute angel. She was friendly, accomodating, kind, generous, caring (she even waved myself and my friend off when we left for a night out on the town). She made Il porticciolo what is was but also made my holiday something to remember. I also need to mention the breakfast we had every morning up on the terrace; FANTASTIC! I know Italians are famed for their food, well Amalfi should be famed for Carmella's breakfasts!!
I have to say that in terms of customer service and care, Carmella went above and beyond anything i would expect from a B&B host. Thank you Carmella, we will certainly be back next year.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Il Porticciolo is a very new, cosy, and homey harbour-looking B&B in Amalfi. The host, Carmella, is fantastic. She gave us advice on everything from the hotel, the region, and the transportation around, which we really appreciated.

The place has a sunny spacious terrace on top viewing the harbour and the houses on the steep rocks. The breakfast is mainly sweet and typical with an option for toasts with fresh tomatoes, rucola, stracchino cheese, and prosciutto.

The rooms were tailor-furnished and painted in fresh colours, all overlooking the port.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Il Porticciolo di Amalfi? Share your experiences!