The Excelsior is what I call true Italy because it has everything you would want from a hotel but with classic style and soul.
- The view as you enter the hotel reception (and from then on) is breathtaking, especially at sunrise and sunset over Amalfi and beyond
- The rooms are modest but very old italy with pretty floor tiles and shutters on the wondows and they are perfectly comfortable.
- The breakfast was fabulous (try the oil baked rolls, still having dreams about them now)
- It is worth going half board for the value. You get three courses - with each you have three choices. Ask for a table on the terrace and eat under starlight.
- The pool was quite cold but very refreshing after lying in the heat of the Amalfi sun.
- The shuttle bus into the Amalfi was frequent and reliable as well as additional SITA buses or boats onwards to other parts of the coast.
Tip - if you want to eat out one night go to Scala by SITA bus. Il pinguinos restaurant is lovely and they will prepare things off menu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquil Hotel set in cliffside enclave surrounded by trees, directly above hotel's private beach on the rugged coast far below. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL and Despegar.com so you can book your Excelsior Grand Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excelsior Grand Amalfi
- Hotel Excelsior Amalfi
- Hotel Excelsior Grand