“The restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Salvatore Quasimodo 3, 84011 Amalfi, Italy   |
Ranked #19 of 30 Hotels in Amalfi
“The restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We had dinner twice during our stay in Amalfi this summer in June. The first time we enjoyed the restaurant on top, the second time we had dinner one floor lower. The service was perfect, and so was the food and the drinks. And then don't forget the magnificent view on Amalfi at night!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Returned to Miramalfi again this year, and enjoyed it even more than last year. The sun was blazing - marvellous. The staff were absolutely outstanding and catered to you every needs. Breakfasts were delicious, particularly the home made yogurt, you could not perfect sitting on the terrace in a morning enjoying your breakfast and looking out to see. Plenty of places to go to and the bus service is fantastic. A tip is to buy a few bus tickets at one time as we kept hopping on and off. Check in and check out was extremely quick and staff very efficient. We ate at the pool bar on many occasions and all the food was freshly prepared and delicious. The rooms were very clean and towels were changed daily, sometimes twice daily when necessary. Plenty of wardrobe and drawer space. Can say nothing else but "absolutely fantastic holiday". We will return without a doubt.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Having booked this hotel going off TA reviews, we were disappointed. Rooms are tiny and very outdated. Bathroom is very cramped. Now about the cleanliness, sheets were not clean upon arrival, hair on toilet seat was just the beggining. My partner and I didn't expect 5 star but expected a clean room for the price we were paying. From the room to the breakfast, where the fresh plates were dirty two mornings in a row this hotel has to review its housekeeping.

There is absolutley no soundproofing in the walls whatsoever. Heard furniture being dragged around at all hours of the night.

The best thing this hotel had going for it was its views.

We didnt let this deter us from having a great time in amalfi, but would not return to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We drove around Amalfi coast and spent a night at Amalfi. We made a great choice by selecting to stay at this hotel. Our room facing the ocean offers an amazing view of Mediterranean and Amalfi town. They have plenty of car park which is apparently on the roof top of hotel! Breakfast are with great choices. From the restaurant, there is nice view of sunrise that made Amalfi town look like a painting. Love the hotel and already recommended to our freinds. :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I read a large amount of reviews prior to booking the Miramalfi. I always take the reviews with a grain of salt. If most lean toward negative experiences, I will most likely avoid that place. But in this case, I am so glad that I went with the Miramalfi! It was one of the most spectacular hotels I have ever stayed in. The location on the outer edge of town kept things nice and quiet. The way the hotel is built directly into the cliffs is stunning. To experience a swim in the pool and sea was purely magical for me. I was treated fabulously the entire stay. Breakfast on the terrace of the dining room was amazing. I felt like I was sitting right above the sea. Dinner and the service involved was excellent. My only regret? That I had to leave!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I spent a week at the Miramalfi to celebrate both of our 40th birthdays and it exceeded our expectations...giving us memories we will never forget. We stayed in room #4 which was spacious and cleaned perfectly everyday. The beds were big and comfortable. The terrace was large and we had an amazing view of the sea. We enjoyed watching all of the boats and the swimmers below. In the evenings we would have cocktails al fresco and most nights we slept with the doors open...falling asleep to the sounds of the sea. The included breakfast was great...perfect cappuccino and lots of choices and again wonderful seats outside staring at the sea. We love to walk, so we enjoyed the 15min. walk into the town of amalfi for dinners and shopping. The hotel has a free shuttle service that runs multiple times during the day but we needed to walk after all of the eating and drinking. It is important to note that the walk includes some serious steps...so if you have knee problems or other physical challenges this is not the hike for you! Everyone at the hotel was very friendly and accommodating. We enjoyed the pasta night where some one of the staff members asked me to dance! We also loved the pizza lunch on Sunday. The hotel has a pizza oven in the lower restaurant and made delicious pizzas! The pool is very nice and we spend many hours just lounging on the nice chairs by the pool and sea. The hotel has a towel service and a small bar area where you can order drinks to enjoy by the pool. We never had a problem getting a chaise lounger, but we were up and out most mornings by 930am. Every day we swam and snorkelled in the Mediterranean. The water was nice and warm.
One day we even arranged a private boat to pick us up at the hotel and take us to Capri and back. Along the way we stopped and swam and shopped in Positano. So much fun.
If you go, make sure to take the sita bus to Ravello have lunch there and then get a local map and hike back to the hotel. The hike is challenging (1.5hr) but the views are incredible! Along the way you can stop for gelato in Atrani.
My only criticisms were the hairdryer in the room was very weak (but who needs to blow dry hair in Amalfi really) and when in the room you could hear people in the rooms around you but neither really affected our trip.
I definitely recommend the Miramalfi...for its perfect location in the Almalfi Coast, the incredible views and the rooms and amenities the hotel has to offer. We will be back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have never written a review before but I feel compelled to do so further to a most unpleasant experience at the Miralmalfi Hotel recently shared by my daughter and myself.

We had a prepaid reservation for two rooms at the Miramalfi from June 26 to June 29, 2013. Booking and full prepayment were made through our Montreal travel agency 3 months before travel. At 275 CDN$ per night and per room, and based on generally positive comments from other guests on Trip Advisor, we had reasonably high expectations from the Miramalfi, which was the last step on our trip to Southern Italy. I had booked this hotel because of its exceptional waterfront, cliff-side, location and we were looking forward to relaxing a few days by the sea before returning home.

Unfortunately, when we checked-in at about 17:30 on June 26, we were told at the front desk that only one of our two prepaid rooms was available. We were told an unbelievable story: a guest was sick and had to stay in one of our rooms (that we had prepaid!) for the full length of our stay. The hotel offered to relocate one of us in the much less appealing 3*** Hotel Nido, which was back across the street. The Miramalfi said that they were not charge us for the relocation! No reimbursement was offered. I told the front desk clerk that I am a medical doctor and that if this guest was truly not feeling well, then he/she should either go to an hospital, or move to the Nido Hotel, rather than using my prepaid reservation!

I requested to speak to the manager, who appearantly was unavailable until the next morning. Joined by phone, the manager offered to relocate both my daughter and I to another hotel in the area, an unacceptable proposal for us, as we would lose any control on the relocation and its value. We felt as hostages and were most unhappy and distressed by this situation.

I finally let my daugther occupy the available Miramalfi room, and accepted to move for one night to the Nido Hotel, demanding to speak to the manager early the next morning. I made it clear that we found the situation unacceptable and unprofessional.

The Nido Hotel room was disappointing: although the hotel had waterfront rooms, I was assigned a back room (no. 1), which was dark and with a small lateral view of the roofs and a bit of the sea, road noise, noisy and inefficient air conditioning, dysfunctional shower, etc. Clearly not in-keeping with what we had paid for at the Miramalfi.

The following morning, I spoke to the manager, who apologized for the situation, and finally at about 11:00 I was assigned, to our relief, a room in the Miramalfi, which was satisfactory. No reimbursement was offered. On the evening, we had dinner at the hotel restaurant, which has a striking sea view, and both the meal and service were excellent. At the end of the meal, we were informed that the hotel would pick up the full tab of the dinner, which we accepted.

Unfortunately, this was not the end of our problems at the Miramalfi. On awakening on the following day, my daughter found herself covered on hands, arms and legs with small insect bites (rows of bites were visible). These were clearly not mosquito bites. She identified and killed in her bed several (blood-filled) bed bugs. Her room number was 33.

Our poor experience at the Miramalfi basically ruined the end of our trip. I have travelled in various parts of the world and never have I encountered a hotel that would not honor a guaranteed reservation or, for that matter, a fully prepaid reservation. None of the hotels that we visited in Italy during this trip had bed bugs.

If you have a reservation at the Miramalfi, we suggest calling on the morning of arrival to make sure that your room will be available. We would also avoid room 33.

Room Tip: Avoid room 33. Call on the morning of arrival to make sure that your room will be available.