“Pleasant and Charming” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Amalfi
New York
“Pleasant and Charming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is a lovely charming hotel with a great pool area. There are nooks and crannies on this clinging hilltop hotel. Find a corner , get a bottle of wine and a great book and , have a refreshing dip in the pool or ocean and feel pressures ooze away . Rooms are decent, (I had move a s they put me near the noisy elevator) breakfast buffet is OK.
Town of Amalfi is a 10 minute walk away.
I wish hotels all over would advise that specific rooms may be a bit noisy, offer ear plugs-which i always carry with me-and offer a discount and an option to move and pay for less noisy room if available

Room Tip: Room #60 is next to elevator-stay away if you want to sleep
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Amalfi Coast is a beautiful part of the world - and even better for staying at this excellent hotel. I cannot fault a thing. The staff are very accommodating and friendly (just loved Gerarda and Gabriella) and the location is a lovely walk to the Square and local shops (a steep walk back but a courtesy bus runs regularly). Eateries and the Wednesday market are at your fingertips and excursions to the Isle of Capri, etc pick you up from the pool area. The view from the restaurant is breakthtaking, with the ocean on one side and the 'city' lights on the other. The pool area is superb with sunbathing areas on various levels cut into the side of the cliff. Spectacular! This was my first trip to Europe and I loved every minute - but Miramalfi Hotel was an absolute highlight. I have started saving for my return trip and I will most certainly stay longer at this location next visit.

Room Tip: We were lucky enough to have a corner suite with a large balcony. All superior rooms have an ocean v...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Myrtleford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

An absolutely wonderful hotel! We are a family of 6 and had 2 rooms! If you call direct you can request 6 in one room which would have saved us money! The hotel was AMAZING, I would recommend this place to anyone! Staff were so friendly, always first to greet us with a smile and ciao! Buffet breakfast was terrific and great value for money! Franca was amazing and when we left it felt as though we were saying goodbye to family! Pool and private beach access was spectacular!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ilminster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Our stay at this hotel was very enjoyable. We found all the staff helpful, courteous and very friendly and all made us feel very welcome. Our room was spacious and spotlessly clean and we had the most wonderful view over the bay from our balcony. Good choice at breakfast and the dinner menu was excellent with a reasonably priced wine list. The hotel shuttle bus runs only four times a day (twice in the morning then late afternoon and early evening) so eating out in town in the evening presents you with either a taxi or uphill walk back to the hotel. Unfortunately the walk is partly along the road with no pavement, though for us this presented no problem as we enjoyed eating in the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here and as soon as we walked in the door we were told by the lovely receptionist that our room had been upgraded. Our room was a nice size with a spacious bathroom and the view of the coast from the balcony was just incredible.
Breakfast in the morning was lovely with a large variety.
They have a shuttle service, but it only runs 4 times a day so unless you have a full day planned, walking back or getting a taxi will be necessary. The last shuttle leaves at 7.15 so it can be a bit difficult if you want to eat out in Amalfi a bit later.
The hotel does have free wifi, but only in the lobby, and I think it was 8€ a day to have it in your room, but as we didn't use the Internet a lot it didn't bother us.
For a hotel, it's snack and bar prices were very reasonable which was a lovely surprise.
The pool/beach area would be fabulous in the warmer months but we had unseasonal weather so we didn't use these facilities.
Overall we had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is gorgeous and has one if the best views I've ever seen (and that's a lot). The rooms are pretty and big and ALL are ocean view with a private balcony. The staff was wonderfully friendly, especially the bartender, Gabriele. Because the hotel is perched up a bit on the cliff side (hence the beautiful view), there is a 5-10 min walk or 5 min shuttle ride (provided at no cost by the hotel) into the town. The breakfast was fantastic and is eaten one beautiful terrace overlooking the water. There is a lift or stairs (not too bad) to get down to the pool, beach, and lower restaurant for lunch. There is also a poolside bar with another friendly staff member. I would recommend this hotel as THE place to stay, to all friends and family, while in Amalfi. It's beautiful, very romantic (though not too over the top) as I was there with my mother and we had a great time. Lovely all around, could not recommend it more highly!

• Stayed May 2013
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

After reading the recent reviews of the hotel, I am wondering if we stayed at the same place as it certainly isn't a 4 star hotel.

By the time my wife and I arrived in Amalfi, we had stayed in 5 different hotels, and all of them were of a lower star rating, and lower cost than the Miramalfi. However, our stay in them were all far more enjoyable and better value.

Lets break down the problems we experienced:

1) Shuttle bus - the bus runs four times a day. Twice in the morning, and twice at night, with the last one leaving the harbour at 7:15pm. Which is tricky in case you want to eat anywhere else than the hotel at night, and the road leading from the town to the hotel is "tricky" at best. You can get a taxi for 10 euros, which is okay or just walk up, but in all fairness when the hotel has oodles of staff, and the round journey is 10 minutes tops, it wouldn't be hard to offer a few more scheduled times. Especially as they indicate that the shuttle bus runs regularly.

2) restaurant - the breakfast offered was mediocre, with juices being regularly watered down, the coffee more like burnt treacle, and the total absence of cutlery. Now I didn't eat there for dinner, so I cannot speak for their a la carte menu.

3) room decor - I stayed at the hotel in 1998 and while a lot of work has been done to the interiors, such as bathrooms and retailing the floors, I think they brought back all the furniture from 1980. Brown fabric furnishings with green floor tiles.....

4) cost - finally my main bug bear was the cost. At 340 euros a night, for 5 nights it certainly wasn't good value. I had stayed in hotels which charged far less money, and couldn't be more charming, courteous, and frankly offer rooms that didn't have mould in the bathroom ceiling, or blatantly rude receptionists. The woman ( I cannot in good conscience call her a lady) when we checked out was absolutely rude.

Anyway, I was very sorry about our stay in Amalfi. As I said earlier, I had stayed. Here 15 years ago, and had fond memories. The waiters are charming, the cleaners excellent, but the management and reception staff are rude, and blatantly unhelpful. We were never offered assistance during our stay, never offered tours or trips, advice on local restaurants to visit, taxis to book etc. now while I didn't really need these things, its hard to read other reviews that state that these things were all offered so freely like manna from heaven.

Overall, the hotel was okay, but worth at best 3 stars, and max 250 euros a night for the best room. Yes the view is lovely, the pool great, but there it stops in terms of reasons to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Miramalfi Hotel? Share your experiences!