“Unpretentious but not unassuming” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Aurora
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Piazzale Dei Prontontini 7, 84011 Amalfi, Italy   |
Ranked #11 of 30 hotels in Amalfi
herz
“Unpretentious but not unassuming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed at the aurora for 5 relaxing days and received wonderful service in a hotel without many facilities. This did not detract from the simple informality of the hotel
Service went beyond the call of duty. We forget our ipad and Andrea promptly contacted us and made sure it was at our next hotel and emailed to ensure we had received it
If you are looking for a great location superb service this is the hotel for you

Room Tip: A sea facing room but the terrace and garden will compensate
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
AuroraAmalfi, Manager at Hotel Aurora, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear JamJill
I was pleased to learn that you had a great stay us. Staff is very reliable and they take care of all guests in any moment. I will be passing on your comments to them that will be pleased.
Best regards
Hotel Aurora - Man

325 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Turkish first
Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I chose this hotel because of the reviews in tripadvisor. But please do not choose it if you would like a nice room close to town. Courtyard rooms are terrible.
This hotel is very pricy and overrated. Location is not that good as you have a walk of 10 minutes to the town. And it is really pricy for just old dark rooms.
Their courtyard rooms are really dark and scary. Ours just had one window that opened to a wall. Really awful and claustrofobic!. I would not choose this hotel to stay in amalfi. Amalfi is a small town, so you can better stay in the town itself.

Room Tip: Never choose the courtyard room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
AuroraAmalfi, Manager at Hotel Aurora, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
good morning
I am very sorry you complained about your stay with us, maybe because you have booked the cheapest accomodation, I guess. You suggested to travellers to find a room in the city centre omitting that all hotel located in the centre haven't sea view because they are closed in the city walls without considering the hustle and bustle night and day! Hotel Aurora is located on the Amalfi's bay at the end of promenade just 500 metres from city centre and we correctly specify the rooms we offer in the description on our web site. Anyway, we will be very happy to offer you a superior room with terrace overlooking the sea at the same rate of our basic accomodation to appreciate services and our helpful staff.
Best regards.
Hotel Aurora Man
dcarrano@aurora-hotel.it
Crosslee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Wonderful holiday at hotel Aurora.staff very helpful in every way.Will return with pleasure,great location.Worth paying for superior room.Staff recommended some excellent restaurants worth trying especially Il Taro.Breakfast was always very good.Rooms and bathrooms both spotless.Nothing was too much trouble and staff always courteous.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Donna E
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay with us at Hotel Aurora. I was delighted that you enjoyed our superior room located at top floor with a stunning view on the Amalfi bay. As I always do I have passed on your lovely words to my team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests only receive the very best in service.
Hotel Aurora -Man
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

This hotel is great because it is located at the end of the street. Book in the middle and you will not get any sleep. The air conditioning worked great, which can be inconsistent in this part of the world. The staff was the best. I have visited expensive hotels from all over the world, but chose this one because of the reviews, and I must agree with them. Our veranda over looking the ocean was bigger than our room!!! The room is typical. I am an American, and we are spoiled by large lush hotel rooms, but those cannot be found here. This room is simple, clean, perfectly maintained, and all that one could ask. I can be hard to please when cleanliness is an issue, and I was comfortable here. Hot water was readily available. The included morning breakfast was outstanding. I would stay here again with complete confidence. You should probably bring your own hair dryer. The one in my room was tired. I took this picture from our veranda so you could see the view. The size of the veranda is huge.

Dear Guest
Many many thanks for this wonderful review which we really appreciate!!! I am very very proud of our staff and I will show them this review for sure. They all work hard to make your stay as pleasant as possible and it is so nice to hear when they succeed!! Thank you and please come again.
Daniela Carrano.
Hotel Aurora- Man
Roma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

I have never experienced such wonderful service in a hotel. I stayed for one night for business and found the hotel by chance at the last minute, I was only looking for a bed. Instead I found a total suprise, and from check in to check out I was overwhelmed by the service I received. The place is beautiful and wonderfully kept, the room stunning (room 32 on top floor) and breakfast was excellent too.

Room rate was very reasonable and I do not think that you could ask for a better Amalfi hotel experience. Thanks guys!!!

Room Tip: Top floor was very very quiet, but hotel is central so always some gentle noise as well as church be...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
AuroraAmalfi, Manager at Hotel Aurora, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Simon F

I was so happy to read your kind feedback following your recent stay with us at Hotel Aurora. I was so glad to read your kind words and that we met all of your expectations. I do hope that you will be able to come back to the hotel in the near future so we can once again ensure you have a wonderful stay with us.
Kind regards

Hotel Aurora manager
Sheffield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was our second visit to the Aurora and again it did not disappoint! Firstly the location can't be bettered in Amalfi, it's a five to ten minute (approximately) stroll along the harbour into town with no hills to negotiate in hot weather. This location is also ideal for catching the bus to other locations in the area (5-10 minutes walk from the hotel's front door to the Sita bus stops) and we travelled from here to Ravello, the start of the 'Footpath of the Gods' and Sorrento by bus. Ferries also leave from the harbour (5-10 minutes walk again) and we caught ferries to Capri and Positano with ease. It was great at the end of a busy day sightseeing to be so close to the hotel after stepping off from the ferry or bus. The hotel itself is staffed by a fantastic team who are always willing to help, have great local knowledge, and make you feel at home. We had one of the standard rooms with a small balcony overlooking the sea and loved to sit outside in the evening and listen to the waves and the world going by. The air conditioning in our bedroom worked well and meant that our room was always cool enough to sleep when the temperature outside was warm.The room itself was spotlessly clean with a good television, hairdryer and a well stocked mini bar. Breakfast was a good continental with a selection of hot drinks, juices, fruit, cereals, croissants, cheese, ham etc. This always set us up well for the day and meant that we would often only need one more meal. This was all eaten in a lovely outside area with views of the sea and Amalfi (possible the nicest situation of anywhere I've ever eaten breakfast). The hotel has it's own private spot on the beach and this has sun loungers, umbrellas and towels and for 12 euros per day you can hire your own spot for two! If you want a hotel with great staff, good amenities (wifi is available), lovely rooms and in one of the best locations in Amalfi then choose the Aurora. Thanks to all!

Dear calchris
Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words and observations following your recent stay with us at Hotel Aurora. I was delighted that you enjoyed all the smaller details we take pride in offering our guests. As I always do I have passed on your lovely words to my team who take so much pride in ensuring that all of our guests only receive the best in service.
Kind regards
Hotel Aurora Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic hotel with a great location and all services you could wish for given the broad variety of things to do on the Amalfi coast. You won't regret choosing this hotel, especially if you go for the roof top terrace room.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear K_chkalov
I was pleased to learn that you had a great stay with us and you found our central location, superior rooms with top terrace and service to be of a very high standard.
Ensuring our guests a very good experience as well as great value is very important to us and something that gives us real pleasure.
Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future

Best regards

Hotel Aurora manager

Been to Hotel Aurora? Share your experiences!