“We just had to come back” 4 of 5 stars

Holidays Baia D'Amalfi
matteo camera ,5, 84011 Amalfi, Italy   |
Ranked #20 of 32 Amalfi B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“We just had to come back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We stayed at Holidays Baia D'Amalfi last year and based on that experience we booked in again for a wonderful week of Amalfi summer.

The experience was every bit as good as last year. Emilio and Ester welcomed us back as if we were returning members of the family. They encouraged us to make ourselves right at home which is exactly what we did.

Holidays Baia D'Amalfi is right down on the waterfront near the pier. It's very conveniently located to the main square although you do need to be careful of the traffic coming through the tunnel which is located just outside the door of the accommodation.

If you have difficulty with mobility you should be aware that there are approximately 50 steps to the floor on which they are located. As other reviewers have said, there's no elevator.

The hotel is very clean and everything operates as it should. Guests can enjoy free WiFi. Rooms have airconditioning and are serviced daily. Breakfast is a generous continental breakfast and Emilio and Ester make a very good coffee.

I'm certain we'll come back. We consider it very good value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

The host Emilo went above and beyond during my stay. He was full of advice (where to buy tickets for Capri day trip, restaurants, bus timetables ect) he even packed my breakfast up to take with me to Capri one morning.

There was only one hiccup as I had booked a single room but was placed in a double room. After one day I was asked to move as I was only staying three nights not the five originally booked. I did complain however as I had given months notice that I was only staying three nights and the bnb was not full - I would have been more than happy to stay in the single room the entire time but could not stand the thought if having to pack and unpack my bags yet again ( have been travelling for 2 months)! So I stayed in my room which was so lovely, I also appreciated the rooftop terrace a great place to catch some rays or a glass of wine at night.

The breakfast was amazing, cappuccino, bread, yoghurt, croissant and in the rooms there are mini fridge to store drinks ect.

The bnb was a little hard to find, it's the street behind the main street, originally I only thought it was for cars but sure enough the bnb is about 30 meters on the left.

Thanks to Emilio for carrying my luggage up the steep stairs. It was a pleasure staying here and would recommend!

• Stayed June 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is a lovely little place which offers you a great stay in Amalfi. Staff are friendly and always willing to help. The breakfast is free and very nice. They take good care of you. The room was very clean and we was given new towels everyday. Great location and the view is brilliant. A great find and I have reccommended it to friends.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
jonah373
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Superbly located hotel right in the centre of town. Very nice clean room with excellent view over the harbour (although no balcony). Very friendly and helpful staff.

Only downside is that the hotel is three floors up and there's no elevator.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We recently stayed at Hotels Baia in Amalfi. We loved the owners and nothing was too much trouble. They helped us with the bags, helped us with bookings and local knowledge. Softly spoken and kind people. The breakfast on the balcony was a delight because the view over the Marina and the ocean was beautiful. The breakfast was more than adequate but we do not have a lot of sweet things in our diet. I am a diabetic. The owners went out of their way to cook eggs for us instead. I'm glad we stayed there for the view. On a downside, the hotel is on the third floor and the steps are deep, if you are an older person or like me still recovering from major surgery, it may not be a good idea. For us it was easy to find. It is a very friendly hotel and you will love the owners.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

We booked a room that overlooked the bay and were not dissapointed. Can't fault the view from the balcony. But to get this view the rooms were all on the 5th (or 4th...?) floor of the building which means lots of stairs. But the staff were very helpful, carring our bags, printing stuff for us, helping with the ridiculous parking situation in Amalfi.

And also the room fronted a car park where all the busses arrived to drop people in town, so don't expect to sleep in till late because you will be woken by the noise. It wasn't a problem because the place is so pretty you want to get up and have a swim first thing in the morning.

Breakfast was basic, but there was a hell of a lot of it which was a nice touch. The room was expensive but I felt like I got what I paid for.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view. It's worth it.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Me and my husband have stayed for only two days at the hotel but we want to come back there. Brother and Sister who run the hotel are very friendly and exceptionally helpful (when we got stuck in Amalfi on the first of January, since no buses worked, Emilio took us to the train station in Salerno with his car asking only for money for the fuel he had used).
The location of the hotel is perfect.The view from the breakfast verandah is fantastic. Breakfast is good and the room and bathroom were very clean.
Our warmest greetings to Emilio and his Sister.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holidays Baia D'Amalfi? Share your experiences!