“Like staying with family!” 5 of 5 stars

Holidays Baia D'Amalfi
matteo camera ,5, 84011 Amalfi, Italy   |
Ranked #20 of 32 Amalfi B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Like staying with family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011 via mobile

We stayed over a week at this hotel. The staff could not have been more friendly or welcoming. The rooms are large and comfortable and very clean. It's a small family run establishment and the staff could not have done more to look after us.

• Stayed September 2011

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Feltwell, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I would normally never not show up at a hotel I've booked but Holidays Baia D'Amalfi proved the exception. Arriving by car, from the terror of the coast road into the complete chaos that is central Amalfi on a Saturday afternoon in peak season is an experience I never hope to repeat. There was nowhere to park anywhere near the hotel. In the huge buspark/ferry terminal on the quay, we struggled to dodge packs of tourists not watching where they were walking, tourist buses pulling out without care, motorscooters dodging in and out of everyone - this was chaos on a grand scale with nowhere to park, let alone unload luggage or to find our accomodation. On further exploration, the only access to the hotel which was visible was in a tunnel on a narrow, busy road with nowhere to stop, let alone park in safety. After driving in and out of the area for the best part of an hour and a half we gave up and realised that we had no alternative but to find alternative accomodation which was very disappointing. Nowhere on this hotel's website or on Booking.Com is this problem of access for visitors arriving by car addressed. People need to be informed that this is a problem when travelling by car and booking this accomodation in high season. We lost 150 euros but at least we are alive to tell the tale.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
amalfi74, Proprietario at Holidays Baia D'Amalfi, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Dear Revjoan,
i am very sorry for the problem , but Amalfi center is very small not is the big city .
This is the firsth time i have this problem.
You have the telephone number of my Bed & Breakfast ( becouse not is the Hotel) and 2 people have finish 24,00 o clock in the nigth becouse you not is arrive , normaly the guests have the problem call me.
Normaly i and my staff go in the square for help the guests for parking the car and for the bagagges direct in the room.
The my staff is very friendly and have the max assistance.
I am very sorry you not have enter in the my Bed Breakfast for looking the beautiful sea view and for appreciated the my service.
Regards
Emilio & Ester
Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

I was really excited about Baia D'Amalfi and while I wouldn't go as far as to say it was bad, I would say that there is one room that is below the standard of the others, and if you happen to get that room, as we did, you won't fall in love with the place.

The people at Baia D'Amalfi are very nice. The balcony and breakfast are excellent too.
The location is absolutely perfect although the entrance is literally on the road - you need to watch carefully for scooters and cars. The kind staff took our bags up the many stairs and checked us in. Fantastic.

We walked past a few rooms which faced out over the water, over the balcony and into a corridor. On the left and in front were more rooms that faced out over the water. On the right was a solitary room, completely enclosed and with no windows other than the frosted windows on the door. That was our room.

No view at all from this room. The door wasn't like a normal sturdy hotel door and despite having new funishings, airconditioning etc, the room just didn't have a nice feel. It felt a bit like a cave or like staying in someone's basement - not the nice water-view room we were expecting. Couple that with a tiny bathroom with a VERY low roof and a few other quirks and it felt like we were in a room they had converted from something else, but perhaps shouldn't have.

I feel bad posting this review because they were nice people, and I think if you stayed in one of the other rooms it would be a fantastic experience, but I have to be honest - for us the stay wasn't all that great, almost entirely due to getting that room and not one of the sea-view rooms.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Recently I stayed at this hotel, it was so good, I ended up staying there for over two weeks. The staff were fun and made my stay very comfortable. I needed a place to stay while working for a while and the place for me was like a home away from home. Small and intimate, the rooms are cleaned daily, breakfast is served outside under the balcony overlooking the amazing coast! If I come back I will not stay anywhere else. Recommended for couples, singles and anyone looking for a personalised stay close to everything for an affordable price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Isle of Man, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

really nice hotel, the service was always on time and the room always clean and perfect, i really enjoy my hollidays in italy.. thanks for been so nice with me... definetly i'll going back!! italy was an amazing expirience and find people how speak english is really important and here there was always willing to help you

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Holidays Baia D'Amalfi? Share your experiences!