“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 30 hotels in Amalfi
Ireland
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

This hotel is beautiful! I cannot fault any aspect of it all. It deserves all its 5 stars - if not more!! The rooms were gorgeous. They kindly upgraded us to a room with a hot tub over looking the town of Amalfi. The food was amazing and the hotel staff couldn't have been better. The hotel is perched on the side of a cliff giving a fab view. The pool is at the foot of the cliff (reached via elavator) and is right beside the sea.

They pics of their famous guests in the reception area - If its good enough for the Clintons and Brad and Angelina its good enough for me!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

538 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Kissimmee, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

We stayed 2 nights in the Santa Caterina at the end of a 6 day B&R hiking tour of the Amalfi coast. The hotel is spectacular. The views are breathtaking. We had the good fortune of staying in a suite with a double jacuzzi tub overlooking the sea! We first saw the hotel from a boat and noted the elevator which takes you from the main hotel down several hundred meters to the "beach": a platform just above the sea with lounge chairs, a bar, a saltwater pool, and attentive attendants. We sunned and then cooled off in the wonderful Mediterranean waters. The breakfast room also had great views and good selection. I wouldn't advise trying to walk into Amalfitown due to narrow roads and traffic, but the hotel has a shuttle that runs until 7:00pm. After that you'll need a taxi.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

My wife and I stayed for a four night long weekend break to celebrate my Birthday (50 something!) - from the moment we arrived and checked in the people started to make the difference, to what was already a superb environment. The pictures do not do it justice, fabulous views, fantastic sunsets and moonlight drinks on the terrace overlooking the sea. Every person who worked there - more than 100 I found out -seemed to care about making sure that everything was done the way we wanted it to be and wanted to see how they could help. For a family run hotel with staff who have worked there for years (decades in some cases) I found it exceptional - I think I have stayed in all the big brands of hotel and I am sure that they would love to have staff who are this committed to customer care. And I don't mean the fawning, obsequious, 'cringing' kind - everything was done with a smile and a good natured joke - but nothing was too much trouble. If this hotel fits into your budget don't stay anywhere else you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

Having just returned from the Amalfi Coast and the Santa Caterina hotel, my wife and I can honestly say that both the region and the hotel, will remain in our minds and hearts forever.

Writing a succinct review about the Hotel Santa Caterina is a challenge because the place offers so much; the views, the food, the staff, the relaxation centre, the pool area and the decor are all worthy of many words of praise. However, I will just ask you to trust this reviewer and experience them for yourself, and I know they will not disappoint.

I will conclude by saying that I met another guest at this hotel who was from the US, and she told me that she had stayed at this hotel six times, and now that I have left Santa Caterina, I know why she returns there over and over again.

I know it's an experience stay but you will get value for your money. Treat yourself and visit this fine establishment, and experience one of the best hotels in the world...

Oceanside, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

during a recent trip through out italy, my husband and I had the superb pleasure of staying at the santa caterina in amalf. of all the hotels we stayed out during our trip, santa caterina was without a doubt simply the best. our room was perfect, sweeping views of the meditteranean, impeccably clean . the staff was very attentive to all of our needs. the beauty of this hotel is matched only by the beauty of amalfi and its people. we will definitely be going back to santa caterina.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

Me and my husband loved this hotel, it represnts the true feeling of Amalfi with it's lemon trees and white firniture. the service is excelent and the food is the best you'll try on that coast.
we tried two delux rooms; the first had a balcony with only sea view and the second has sea and town view; I recommend booking a town and sea view.
the photos on the hotel's website truely represent the reallity of the hotel, the pool area is fantastic so is their acess to the sea.
if your visiting the Amalfi coast and looking for a luxurios stay don't hesitate in selecting this hotel.

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

I haven't actually stayed in this hotel (we stayed in the apartments down the road in Minori which are also owned by the hotel owners) but we did go up to the hotel regularly. As guests of the apartments you are allowed use of the pool area for a daily fee (I think it was €25 / €30 per person). We also ate in the hotel's two restaurants quite a bit. So I am basing my review on the service, pool area and restaurant. I couldn't get enough of this place! I can only imagine that the rooms are fabulous as well as every other aspect of this hotel is just simply wonderful.

The pool area:
You go down to the pool area via a glass elevator which is built into the cliff so you can see the sea as you are going down. The pool area is fab. It's a deck built into the cliff and they have a small pool on it as well. You can then just sunbathe, relax, swim in the pool or jump into the sea! The deck is right at sea level so you can just jump straight in and because it's so deep, there are loads of fish, so great for snorkeling! The service around the pool is amazing, you can get drinks, plates of fruit, etc. and all service with a smile, and they are just so helpful.

The restaurants:
There are two restaurants - one just up from the pool area - which is FABULOUS. It is open for lunch every day but only on certain evenings. It is such a gorgeous setting. We got the best table in the place one of the nights we were there (the owners are so lovely, they really looked after us) and we even spotted a UK celebrity sitting two tables away from us :) The food is AMAZING. The chateaubriand is out of this world, the chocolate soufflé is just delicious, oh everything was just delicious. The head waiter Pino (I think that's how he spells his name) is so so lovely, he's wonderful. So kind, helpful and just brilliant. He would always great us with a huge smile and he and the hotel owners remembered us from visiting the previous year and were just so kind to us. You really are made feel very special at this hotel.

The other restaurant is the main restaurant which would be open every night, and the food here is also unbelievably good. It's higher up than the other restaurant so you get even more fabulous views at night!

The hotel also has had many famous guests (there are photos of the Clintons up on the wall at reception) and numerous other celebrities. All in all, an absolutely fabulous place. The owners of this hotel are just so wonderful, caring and treat their guests like they are so special. The service is fabulous and I cannot wait to return to Amalfi and actually stay in the hotel - if all other aspects of the hotel are this good, then I can only assume that the rooms are equally as beautiful.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to Santa Caterina Hotel? Share your experiences!