“Paradise!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 30 Hotels in Amalfi
Pensacola Beach, Florida
“Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I visited the Amalfi Coast while touring Italy on our honeymoon in June 2013. Santa Caterina is absolutely breathtaking The views, the service and meals are a treat you will always remember. I felt like a princess. They cater to your every need as soon as you walk in.
If you ever have a opportunity to stay there, you will not be disappointed,

Room Tip: A room overlooking the sea is a must!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our 25th anniversary in May 2013 at the Santa Caterina in one of their finest rooms. It was the nicest experience in travel that t I have ever had. My husband and I and family have travelled extensively to every continent - backpacking (when I was young) and high end (when I could afford!).

The Santa Caterina delivered at the beginning when the we arrived and the bellman greeted with me a kiss on hand - thought I was at heaven's gate! It was perfect the entire week- amazing views, perhaps most breathtaking ever, kindly, caring service, fabulous dining, piano bar where you can make great friends without speaking each language, and romance for days!! It is THE BEST and I hope to return there sooner than later. The town of Amalfi is wonderful as is Ravello and Capri- it was a surprising and wonderful experience! We will be back to the Amalfi coast and to the incredibly precious Santa Caterina.

Stayed May 2013
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed at Santa Caterina in May, 2013. We got a spectacular room with a ocean view. We had a great time. The staff is great and extremely pleasant. The breakfast is superb. The facilities are very good. Our room had a bathtub with a great view. Also, the prices are better than in Ravello and other cities in Amalfi Coast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Stayed one week and loved it. This is the only hotel with sea access and a swim in the Med is a must!
The rooms were elegantly decorated. Enjoyed both the superior room and also the junior suite. I would recommend the superipor room unless you need lots of space. The views are amazing and the balconies let you enjoy them fully. Sunrise in the morning and the moon glow at night are really spectacular.
The service is first class and the food for breakfast, lunch and dinner is truly outstanding.
The location is perfect. Its a short 10 min stroll into Amalfi which has buses and ferries available to let you explore the Amalfi Coast. I would highly recommend a visit to Ravello for lunch at one of the villas, and doing the 'walk of the gods' from Agerola to Positano (budget on 4 hrs) which has breathtaking views and taking the ferry back to Amalfi after a delicious lunch at Chez Black.
We would come back in a heartbeat and, even though its not cheap, would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are excellent and have large balconies especially directly above the restaurant. The...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We had a great time at this hotel . The breakfast was included and it was great. The staff was amazing and was more than willing to help us with recommendations for restaurants and sight seeing.

The location of the hotel is amazing

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cleveland Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

The trip from the room to the pool is one to stop for. The delta must be 10 stories and it only gets better when you get to the bottom and sit by the pool and the Mediterranean. Bar at the bottom with a wonderful salt water pool are worth the climb or the elevator ride. Rooms are just about as nice as any I've stayed in all of Italy. Service from the wait staff is impeccable. Please don't tell anyone that the waiter let me open my own bottle of wine in the lobby - ops, I might have let the cat out of the bottle just now but they even brought us a few wine glasses and I know they were supposed to.

Thanks for that wonderful gesture!!

The breakfast might also be the best I've had in all the stays with great made to order eggs and a fantastic assortment of other delicious food. The location of the restaurant provides the best views.

The walk to town is about 6 minutes. I wrote 10 in another review and was corrected so I'm trying to give the most accurate description of the proximity to Amalfi. Can always get a shuttle but it is certainly not required.

Fabulous stay and a place i would love to return. I really liked the proximity to the other towns on the Amalfi coast. It seemed 20 minutes in either direction brought you to Revello or Positano but it might actually be slightly longer with traffic. If you stay and enjoy a hike, the path to the next city through Amalfi is fabulous and we marched to the top of the hill to the east and saw the cemetery on top then walked more east for a spectacular view of the next city on the coast.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

My husband booked the hotel as a surprise break for my birthday, we travelled on the day of my birthday which made it even more special.
The views as we arrived in Amalfi were stunning and improved as we approached the hotel which is located on the headland overlooking Amalfi.
Our room was stunning with a large walk out terrace with fantastic views of the mediterranean and Amalfi. The hotel staff have a great balance of professionalism, efficiency and familiarity using your name wherever possible etc.
Access to the sea is via 2 lifts, at the bottom you walk out through the rock where you can find the pool and sea.
The use of candles and flowers in the hotel add to the romantic charm especially sitting on the terrace drinking a prosecco or Bellini looking down at the twinkling lights of Amalfi.
The shuttle service into Amalfi is prompt and the timings worked for us, beware of going late morning onwards as cruise ship passengers and excursions start to arrive and as Amalfi is small it is overwhelming. Best to go earli in day and take shuttle back or walk back. We visited the cathedral which you can pay to look around while services not taking place.
I would highly recommend the hotel especially for a romantic classy break, we will definitely return.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Santa Caterina Hotel? Share your experiences!