“5 star private tour with affordable price and personal/ customize service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Private Day Tour in Italy

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 50 Sightseeing Tours in Amalfi
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Dear Clients Buongiorno! Private Tour in Italy offers you a wide range of Services. Specialized in Shore Excursions from the Dock of Naples to the treasures of Sorrento, Pompeii and the enchanting Amalfi Coast, we also provide private transfers and great tours from your hotel. English speaking local drivers and Mercedes minivans are the key of our success. Looking forward to take care of you and let you feel Italian for a few days
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 attraction reviews
“5 star private tour with affordable price and personal/ customize service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I strongly recommend this company if you are planning to visit Rome. I booked the trip with Rafael from the US via phone and emails. He is extremely prompt, and sent us an itinerary of exactly what we are going to do and from what time to what time. Keep in mind, you can ask him to customize your visit according to the way you like it. He will need your credit card info for booking, but nothing was charged to it. I spent many days doing my research prior to booking. Don't just pick the top ranked company. I have talked to many company and this is the only one that would get us tickets for the Vatican and the colosseum. We paid for them of course. Less papers and tickets yo worry about. What if you forget them on the ship or at home. Dominico was our driver. He was there at the port on time to pick us up. He was very knowledgeable about the history and friendly. We asked for a local restaurant and he took us to one. The food was great and the price was half of what I paid for when I was in Florence, and I paid for 8 people. I invited Dominico to have lunch with us, but he declined, he said this is your family time and just enjoy. Dominico not only took us to all the major attraction sites, but he also tell you the "do and don't" so you don't get taken advantage by the locals. Do listen to him if he tells you the Trevi fountain is under construction and nog worth seeing. We didn't listen. He extremely efficient and safely getting you to all destination. Extremely professional and caring. He made us laugh the entire time. I personally want to thank Dominico for carrying my 5 years old across the street and stopped the traffic for us to cross the street after enjoying the Gelato ice cream. One of our friend's kids wanted gelato before heading back to the ship. Also, he got us a private tour guide, Francesca for the Vatican. It's worth every pennies. This was a very memorable tour for us. We love it so much that we wanted to book them again for Naples, but our Regal Princess wouldn't let us cancel our prior booking with them. By the way, they do answer calls at late hours. This is a Wow service based on everything that they have done for us. Do not book through the cruise if you want a private tour. Our group of eight saved so much money booking with this company, and we don't have to wait for a big group which take much longer time, and see less. Cost more, see less, and more waiting time vs. cost less, see more, and do more and very personal. If you have young children and older adults or some with difficulty with walking, this is the company. I believe this company have service throughout Italy at most major cities. We plan to go back in the future and would definitely use them again. I have already shared with some of my friends about this company as they are considering taking a European cruise. Paid cash and tip at the end. This is all we paid for our tour. Dominico, you need to link all of your reviews to your website, and tripadvisor. YOU GUYS DO DESERVE TO BE ONE OF THE TOP!!

Visited July 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Above and beyond.....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Really pleased to have this chance to thank the guys from "private tour in Italy". Rafaelle who organised the trip and Domenico, our driver, went out of their way to make sure that we had a brilliant day. Not only did they deliver what you would expect from a trip of this type (punctual pick up, smartly dressed; knowledgeable driver who speaks excellent English; good quality air conditioned car etc) but they went to soooo much trouble to help us throughout the day. We were travelling to Ravello to find the house where my Mother was born. This transpired to be in an obscure location on the hillside overlooking the bay. Beautiful spot but very difficult to find and we would never have found it without the help of Domenico. In addition to finding the location, by knocking on a few doors Domenico was able to gain us entry to the local church, where we actually found the records of her Baptism. A real unexpected bonus. Despite the delay to our original schedule as a result of all this, the company was happy to adjust their schedule, dropping us first in Naples to catch our ship, and then my sister back to her hotel in Sorrento (adding 2 hours to his working day).
The day was brilliant and has left us all with some wonderful memories of Ravello and the Amalfi coast. A very big thank you to the company and all concerned (especially our driver).I would not hesitate for a second in recommending them to any of your readers. Good value and great service.

Visited July 2014
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
“Eight times our private tour guide!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My sister and I were fortunate to learn of Marcello in 2003. We had no idea where my father's birthplace might be, we even had the name spelled wrong.
Marcello assured us we would find it, and he would spend the entire day looking!
(9:00- 11:00) !!
We were thrilled to drive into the village. Marcello could intrepret at the Municipal building as we inquired about Dad's birth certificate.
How thrilling, all the information was there, including Grandmother's Birth certificate, marriage license and their other children.
With Marcello's help to interpret we met other families who would later help in meeting our relatives.
Now in 2014, I have had 7 more tours with Marcello. I love the small village of Pontone enroute to Ravello. The food is fantastically fresh and made to order.
What ever question you have will be answered, plus Marcello is an expert on the vegetation in the area, the lemon trees and herbs that seem to grow on their own.
I feel I have met an expert and a family member.
This is the person you want to create an Italian experience never to be forgotten !

Visited May 2014
St Louis
3 attraction reviews
“Best to have a driver here - worth every penny or Euro”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We hired "private tour in italy" to provide transportation from the Naples train station to our hotel in Positano. I had emailed Raffaele several times to get our transfer set up. He always replied promptly with the information I needed to get the reservation set up. He provided back up phone numbers for us in case of delay or change in plans. Our diver Gianni was waiting for us and it was easy to find him with his sign held up. Our driver was born and lived in Positano so he was very familiar with the road and gave us lots of information on what we saw on the drive as well as places to eat and visit. Once he got on the NARROW roads near and in Positano we were really glad none of us were driving. There were 4 of us, each with a large bag and a small carry bag and there was plenty of room and comfort in the vehicle he drove. When we are back in the area and in need of a driver or a tour we will definitely contact them

Visited June 2014
Queensbury, New York
9 attraction reviews
“WONDERFUL TOUR!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

What a wonderful, wonderful day we had with Rafaelle and Private Tour in Italy! After having a great day with this company in Rome, I knew we would be in for a treat! Rafaelle was so easy to correspond with before our trip also, and always answered our emails promptly. Rafaelle picked the 5 of us up promptly at the dock in a very comfortable van and off we went. We had a glorious day on the Amalfi coast! Stopped at Rivello , Sorrento, Amalfi, many photo stops and then Positano (which was my favorite!). He suggested a fantastic restaurant for lunch overlooking Positano (I think it was Costantino). This turned out to be the best meal of our 14 day European vacation (including the 12 day cruise!). After Positano, we went to the historic Pompeii. Rafaelle was engaging, accommodating, knowledgable, and I would highly recommend this company AND this driver!

Visited June 2014