“Great, Fresh, Authentic Italian Food” 5 of 5 stars

+39 335 535 3700
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 94 Restaurants in Amalfi
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: recipes from the kitchen of the Kingdom of Naples and the Two Siciliescold cuts, cheeses and rusticpasta dishes with homemade meat sauce topped with Neapolitan or Sicilian sauce pork, lacane and chickpeas, soupsgrilled meat and bakedcodvegetableshomemade sweets
Woking, United Kingdom
“Great, Fresh, Authentic Italian Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I'll keep it short - my wife and I had a pork sausage and beef steak and the quality was excellent.
My steak was cooked to perfection and the quality of the meat was extremely high.
If we go back to Amalfi, we'll go back here.

Visited August 2013

Daytona Beach area
“Away from the crowd”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We ate here based on previous ratings from TA. It was a very nice experience; food was pretty good and it was kinda nice to get away from the crowds in Amalfi. We did not enjoy the very crowded, standing room only bus ride up the curvy, narrow mountain road so would recommend taking a taxi or see if the restaurant can send a driver to pick you up ( it was an option we didnt find out about until after the bus ride there; took advantage of it for ride back to our hotel; no fee but be sure to tip the driver). Yes, there are 100 steps to go down to the restaurant and I think its that that keeps people away. If you have mobility, please dont hesitate to go here. When you exit, you leave a different way and its down some steps (thankfully not up) to the street. Anyway, it is a beautiful, rustic Italian village place with a nice outdoor patio. My husband and I got to see the beautiful moon come up over the hilltop that night. We had the antipasti to start and everything on the plate was delicious. My husband and I shared a pasta dish as well as a steak dish (grilled, sliced over bed of arugula and topped with thin sheet of cheese). I was so full that I couldnt even touch my salad but made certain to eat the lemon cake I read so much about and it was well worth it because it was the BEST lemon cake I ever ate!!! I apologize the owner/chefs name skips my jet-lagged memory at the moment but she greeted us and because it was not too busy that night, she talked with us about her food and you could tell the pride (rightfully so) she had. We wish her well!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Davis, California
“Beef, it's what for dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

What an amazing restaurant! As an American you only ever hear about pasta when the topic of italian food comes up and during our two and a half weeks of traveling through southern italy that is mostly what we experienced. That is, until we visited La Taverna dei Briganti! After an amazing antipasta dish of local meats and cheeses I ordered the special of the day which was grilled steak over a plate of arugula and parmesan cheese. I don't know if all italians can grill this good but man, this was the best meal of the trip. In addition to the amazing cooking, the restaurant owner was very knowledgeable about wine and made very helpful suggestions that paired excellently with our meal.
Amazing view, amazing service, amazing food, I can't recommend this restaurant enough! If you are wanting to get away from the absurdity of the tourist trap that is Amalfi and experience a truly unique italian dining experience visit La Taverna dei Briganti!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

Such a nice place, a bit off the path but all worth it-enjoyed great service, good food and the darkening night. Amazing view to the coastal line to the other side, really recommend to try this place. Reasonable prices also!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“All round excellent experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were on a family holiday with my parents, brother and girlfriend during May this year and I can honestly say this was the culinary highlight of our week! I'd read the reviews on tripadvisor and it seemed a lovely, intimate place to spend the final night our trip... There was a huge storm in Amalfi night and we wound our way in a taxi up the bendy roads to the tavernna. We were greeted with first class hospitality from the second we arrive till when we left...

We all choose the menu of the house... It was absolutely gorgeous - my only watch out to people would be size... If you choose this menu don't eat before as it really is a feast! The meal began with an antipasti of local cheese and cured meats which were fresh and varied in flavour, it was then followed with a beef pasta dish - the sauce was full of flavour, followed by a local specialty of rolled beef and potatoes and finished off with a fresh, just of the oven cake...

Our hostess went out of our way to make our evening special... The prosecco and house wine were high quality and she even found gluten free pasta for me so I could enjoy pasta with the rest of my family.

The view from the terrace would have been perfect for watching the sunset had there not been a torrential storm.

Overall the experience was everything we were look for and more... Definitely a must to visit during your time in Amalfi.

If you are travelling from Amalfi do try and take the bus up the hill as taxis charge a premium.

• Visited May 2013