“Great value, friendly/comfortable stay, very close access to a beach & relatively close to Amalfi shopping/restaurants” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Bellevue Suites

You added Hotel Bellevue Suites to your Saves list
Hotel Bellevue Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Mauro Comite, 26, 84011 Amalfi, Italy   |
Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Amalfi
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

Lovely, complimentary breakfast (cheese,meat,croissants,yoghurt,cafe o'lait). Nice, clean rooms. Beds are pretty hard, but typical for all hotels I stayed at in Italy. Friendly, helpful staff. We were allowed to use the internet behind the front desk for free. The hotel is across the street from another hotel's elevator access to a nice but rocky beach. There's a couple of nice little beach bar/restaurants down there (say hi to Andre the tourist). I think it cost about 10euro for the day and a beach chair. Totally worth it! It takes 15-20 mins to walk down into Amalfi, but the hotel has a free shuttle that will take you into town. To get back, it's a steep, but doable walk, or you can take a taxi for about $10-15 or a cheap bus ride. I recommend to walk to work off all the Italian calories you're taking in via gelato and pasta!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Beaumont, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

Our family stayed for 5 days for a wedding and if I could have I would have moved everyone out and into another hotel in Amalfia. If it had not been for the desk, business manager I would have left. The older man "manager" thinks he is a NAZI, very impolite, intrusive and crude. The hotel owner, by the way, lives in Miami, FL, needs to rehire for management. The air conditioners would not work, management would turn off the air at 7pm to save electricity, check to see who was running water in the individual rooms. ask you to leave at breakfast if you were late etc. I could go on and on.
Do yourself and your trip a favor. DO NOT USE THIS HOTEL.

Rep. of Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2010

Along with other reviewers here I was a little sceptical given some of the bad reviews that have been posted but my worries were put at ease when we arrived and were greeted by both father & son owners/managers of the Bellevue hotel.
They could not have been more helpful and gave us ANY information we requested and also made many many suggestions for our stay in Amalfi.
The hotel is cool, airy, spotlessly clean and is a real peacful little haven from the bustling town of Amalfi. Location wise it is a good ten minute walk into the town but it's a very pleasant walk. I didn't do the walk from the town back to the hotel, preferring to get the bus as the walk back is quite steep! The buses are regular and cheap and take only about 2-3 minutes.

Lastly I have to mention the orange juice served for breakfast, simply THE best I have ever tasted, EVER.

I would and hopefully WIll return to the Belleview Hotel in the near future.

Pune
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

My family stayed for 10 days at Hotel Bellevue Suites in the month of April 2010 with three rooms overlooking the Ocean.
This hotel has an amazing location and a spectacular overview of the ocean…
It is a very convenient location for any tourist… especially since the main road & car parking are just outside the hotel door… and there are no huge staircases to ascend/descend to gain access to the hotel… which makes a big difference when you are tired after a full day of sight-seeing..!!!
It’s a short walk from Amalfi town centre and even the walk up to the hotel is not too long or steep.
The hotel is managed on a totally personal level… by the Esposito father (Tomasso) and son (Antonio) who personally ensure very high standards of cleanliness & hygiene and they pay attention to the finest of details… which are usually overlooked even at super-luxury 7-star hotels.
The courtesy level is unparalleled… and they treat each and every customer with such importance… that everyone feels they are a VIP guest.
Both father & son and the management/hotel staff have it ingrained in them to pay special attention to ensure that their customer’s are not inconvenienced in any way… that the customers do not get over-charged for any facility utilized outside the hotel… and that they get to see/do the best/most suitable things in and around Amalfi. Whenever anyone from the management is free… they are always willing to drive the guests into the town centre… AT NO COST OR CHARGE..!!!! In fact… they are also ever-willing to come to the town centre and collect a guest… just to save the guests the taxi/bus ride or the walk… up to the hotel.
The linen is of exceptionally good quality and spotlessly clean. The furniture is stylish and purpose oriented. The layout of the rooms is practical and they are brightly lit, very airy and well ventilated. The air-conditioning is very efficient and even the bathrooms are air-conditioned which is a rare facility at hotels similar to these.
In actual fact… every nook-and-corner of the hotel is extremely clean and there was never a day when we saw a single thing in the hotel that dissatisfied us.!
The room rent charged has also been extremely reasonable… and similar hotels of the same caliber but not similar location… were asking for much higher amounts per room.
The service, cleanliness, comfort and value-for-money at this hotel… is unparalleled…!!
All-in-all… this hotel gave us the feeling and comfort of being in a FIVE STAR HOTEL.. when we didn't even pay a fraction of the room rates..!!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

Was very happy with this hotel. Very cute and well taken care of, in a beautiful setting. I could tell the owner took a lot of pride in this establishment. I saw a few reviews complaining about the "rules" here. They do stress not bringing in outside food or beverages (they do have food available at very decent prices), or not making insane amounts of noise but I didn't find this to be a problem. I believe that if you are looking to party and get crazy, this is not the place for you. My friends and I came back to the hotel a bit late one night and the owner actually went into the back to make me some food and grab me a glass of wine, which I thought was sweet considering what time it was. If you want a quiet, clean, charming hotel then you've found the spot. The only thing they could improve on is making wi-fi available in the rooms. I could access it in the main lobby but not in our room. Besides that, everything else was perfect.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

My name is Emilio Miani, I am from Ontario, Canada. First time visiting Amalfi Coast. Selected this hotel from the information provided on the internet, it is everything written on it an more.
We found the Management to be just outstanding, everything we asked for was answered and with a corteous smile. Found every area of the hotel to be super clean.
The panoramic view of the Amalfi Gulf is just gorgeous. Since the hotel is located about a one kilometer outside town we found it to be very quite at night, great for sleepping.
my e-mail address is emiliomiani@yahoo.ca any inquiries is welcomed.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

I don't usually write reviews however, Hotel Bellevue Suites and the staff made our stay in the Amalfi coast very enjoyable and Perfect. The hotel was clean, comfortable and very nice. We were located an easy 10 minute very scenic walk into Almalfi. Our balcony / patio overlooked the coast and ocean and presented a spectacular view. The hotel staff made the real difference, making us feel very welcome and comfortable. They we so friendly and had many suggestions about sights to see and restaurants that were all excellent. The comfortable lobby made it very easy for us to interact with other guests from all over the world, resulting in some wonderful new friends.
I am very patricular about staying in clean modern hotels. I am defintely recommending Hotel Bellevue Suites.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Bellevue Suites? Share your experiences!