“Great location and beautiful view” 4 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Bellevue Suites to your Saves list
Hotel Bellevue Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Mauro Comite, 26, 84011 Amalfi, Italy   |
Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Amalfi
“Great location and beautiful view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The hotel was very clean and well equipped. It is worth it to pay the extra for the sea view. The balcony looking out to the sea was spectacular. Every morning and evening we were drawn outside to see the beautiful views in every direction. The owner was very helpful and an interesting character. The downside is the book of rules which made you feel like a bad teenager being watched and would be punished if you didn't follow the rules. No food or drink in the rooms. What the heck, we couldn't even enjoy a glass of wine on our balcony. Also the desk clerk had the personality of a door knob. Helpful, but only if you asked questions and seemed distant (I don't think he smiled once). The best employee was the Indian man, who seemed to be there 24 hours a day. He took care of our luggage, drinks, helped park or pull out. He was always there with a smile and our keys upon returning from our days adventures. One word of warning... The hotel is about a mile from the town. Parking is a premium in town, so bring your walking shoes. It is down hill into town and up hill back. The steps were rough the first few times, but we loved the walk doing it 2 or 3 times a day.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the sea view, it's worth it!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Antonio was very kind and gave us a wonderful experience in his hotel. The location is perfect...A 10 minute walk to the old town. There is also free parking included for every room. The rooms were immaculately clean and there was just a beautiful fragrance as you entered the hotel. Antonio was very helpful in suggesting places to eat and visit. Staying in this hotel with my boyfriend, neat friend and mother was the perfect start to an unforgettable 30th birthday. Thank you Antonio and staff for the hospitality and kindness.

• Stayed June 2014
Woking, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

I booked this hotel for 2 nights in June 2014 and had to cancel my whole trip due to illness. I gave them 29 days notice of cancellation and despite my emails (that were all ignored) and a phone call from Booking.com, they still charged me Euro 170 cancellation!!! Every other Hotel and company on my planned trip gave me free cancellation and good wishes.......... Be VERY careful ...... money grabbers!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

It's no often I will criticise a business in this forum as I believe feedback should be helpful and develop a business. However on this occasion I can't hold back. The Bellevue is situated in a great location just out the centre a fair walk up a hill, but great for the calves. Facilities are fair if not dated. The biggest issue I have with this place is the service. Everything is an inconvenience, you are not made to feel welcome, you are treated like you are in a hostel. No food and drink in the room allowed, unless it's the hotels. They say they are cheaper, they are not. 3 coffees 15 euros!! Give breakfast a miss it's stale and inedible. The staff have no service skills, we were told its a three star hotel and what did we expect, well to be honest a lot more than we got. We were late arriving back one evening and as you are not allowed to take keys with you you have to ring the bell, well the reception we received was awful we had been at a wedding. I could write so much more but in truth I will not. Stay here if you just want a place to put your head and have very low expectations of service. Otherwise avoid. For such a great location they could do so much more. I believe given the level of reviews on this site that are poor the hotel should really start taking note and learning from them, because at the moment they are not. The hotel was 1/3 full at best... I wonder why.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

You can read my review below if you wish, but to sum up my experience here in just a few sentences....... The hospitality of the owners is extremely poor!! All they care about the moment you walk through the door is how much money can they get out of you before you leave. Their attitude is disgusting towards their guests. I would not recommend staying at this hotel at all!!!

Upon arrival after a 2 hour bus journey from Naples we was greeted by the owners of this hotel. There was a large group of us as we was attending our friends wedding on the Amalfi Coast. I total there was 10 of us in the hotel. There was meant to be more but they changed hotels due to it's poor reviews. We had all booked as a group booking through booking.com and the first thing we was told was that the price of the rooms had changed since we booked? We produced documents showing the price from booking.com and we was told that they can change the price to what they want? Fab greeting!! We was then asked if we would like to upgrade to a sea view for an additional €40. I said ok. But what I got was a shared terrace? The people I shared the terrace with were also charged for the sea view? So it was not private at all. We was told that we was not allowed to bring any food or drinks from the town back to our rooms and we had to buy everything from the hotel? He insisted we are the cheapest. I found this rule a bit funny and so did the other guests. I'll tell you now he is not the cheapest at all!! The breakfast is pretty poor by anyone's standards, your better off exploring Amalfi as you will find much better places. There is a man that works in the hotel who is just so rude.... He will not ask you how your day was, if it's late and the door is locked, he acts like it's a hassle for him to get up from the sofa and let you in. There are no tea or coffee facilities in your room and you are not allowed to order a coffee and take it to your room? You have to go to reception and drink it there. A coffee is €5.
To really end this review as I could keep going on and on..... The bride come to the hotel to see us all, she was the one that booked the hotel after all as it was 3 minutes walk from her hotel. When she walked in she was given the third degree by the manager and was told she was not allowed to be in the hotel as she was not a guest there?? ..... She said I'm getting married and some of my guests are staying here. She was told to be quick as she could not be there?? Nice....
The owners are miserable, like I said no people skills at all, all they see is a euros!! That's all they are just interested in your money. I would not stay here at all ever again

• Stayed April 2014
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

It's a family run hotel which is situated in a scenic location with spectacular views of the sea. Antonio is a very gracious and helpful host. Since we were on our honeymoon , Antonio upgraded us to a room with a better view. Good food and they look after you as if you are home.
We were arriving from Rome with no money (all our money got stolen in the subway in Rome) . Antonio really went out of the way to help us by arranging paperwork , seeking police assistance and of course recommending good quality restaurants.

I felt like I am in Asia for a second with the quality of service which we got.

Thanks,
Rohan
............................................................

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

I highly recommend it because of many reasons, first the hotel is locates right infront on the sea, second it is right next to Sita bus pick ip station (which will be usefil specially if u are coming with heavy bags, so coming to amalfi and leavin it wont be a problem. Also the hotel is a walkimg distance from amalfi city center, the walk from the hotel to the city center is short and enjoyable because of the amazing view.

The crew of the hotel is vey nice ...actually extreeemly nice and helpful.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Bellevue Suites? Share your experiences!