“Where do you start...” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Mauro Comite, 26, 84011 Amalfi, Italy   |
Ranked #28 of 30 Hotels in Amalfi
“Where do you start...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

It's no often I will criticise a business in this forum as I believe feedback should be helpful and develop a business. However on this occasion I can't hold back. The Bellevue is situated in a great location just out the centre a fair walk up a hill, but great for the calves. Facilities are fair if not dated. The biggest issue I have with this place is the service. Everything is an inconvenience, you are not made to feel welcome, you are treated like you are in a hostel. No food and drink in the room allowed, unless it's the hotels. They say they are cheaper, they are not. 3 coffees 15 euros!! Give breakfast a miss it's stale and inedible. The staff have no service skills, we were told its a three star hotel and what did we expect, well to be honest a lot more than we got. We were late arriving back one evening and as you are not allowed to take keys with you you have to ring the bell, well the reception we received was awful we had been at a wedding. I could write so much more but in truth I will not. Stay here if you just want a place to put your head and have very low expectations of service. Otherwise avoid. For such a great location they could do so much more. I believe given the level of reviews on this site that are poor the hotel should really start taking note and learning from them, because at the moment they are not. The hotel was 1/3 full at best... I wonder why.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

You can read my review below if you wish, but to sum up my experience here in just a few sentences....... The hospitality of the owners is extremely poor!! All they care about the moment you walk through the door is how much money can they get out of you before you leave. Their attitude is disgusting towards their guests. I would not recommend staying at this hotel at all!!!

Upon arrival after a 2 hour bus journey from Naples we was greeted by the owners of this hotel. There was a large group of us as we was attending our friends wedding on the Amalfi Coast. I total there was 10 of us in the hotel. There was meant to be more but they changed hotels due to it's poor reviews. We had all booked as a group booking through booking.com and the first thing we was told was that the price of the rooms had changed since we booked? We produced documents showing the price from booking.com and we was told that they can change the price to what they want? Fab greeting!! We was then asked if we would like to upgrade to a sea view for an additional €40. I said ok. But what I got was a shared terrace? The people I shared the terrace with were also charged for the sea view? So it was not private at all. We was told that we was not allowed to bring any food or drinks from the town back to our rooms and we had to buy everything from the hotel? He insisted we are the cheapest. I found this rule a bit funny and so did the other guests. I'll tell you now he is not the cheapest at all!! The breakfast is pretty poor by anyone's standards, your better off exploring Amalfi as you will find much better places. There is a man that works in the hotel who is just so rude.... He will not ask you how your day was, if it's late and the door is locked, he acts like it's a hassle for him to get up from the sofa and let you in. There are no tea or coffee facilities in your room and you are not allowed to order a coffee and take it to your room? You have to go to reception and drink it there. A coffee is €5.
To really end this review as I could keep going on and on..... The bride come to the hotel to see us all, she was the one that booked the hotel after all as it was 3 minutes walk from her hotel. When she walked in she was given the third degree by the manager and was told she was not allowed to be in the hotel as she was not a guest there?? ..... She said I'm getting married and some of my guests are staying here. She was told to be quick as she could not be there?? Nice....
The owners are miserable, like I said no people skills at all, all they see is a euros!! That's all they are just interested in your money. I would not stay here at all ever again

• Stayed April 2014
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

It's a family run hotel which is situated in a scenic location with spectacular views of the sea. Antonio is a very gracious and helpful host. Since we were on our honeymoon , Antonio upgraded us to a room with a better view. Good food and they look after you as if you are home.
We were arriving from Rome with no money (all our money got stolen in the subway in Rome) . Antonio really went out of the way to help us by arranging paperwork , seeking police assistance and of course recommending good quality restaurants.

I felt like I am in Asia for a second with the quality of service which we got.

Thanks,
Rohan
............................................................

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

I highly recommend it because of many reasons, first the hotel is locates right infront on the sea, second it is right next to Sita bus pick ip station (which will be usefil specially if u are coming with heavy bags, so coming to amalfi and leavin it wont be a problem. Also the hotel is a walkimg distance from amalfi city center, the walk from the hotel to the city center is short and enjoyable because of the amazing view.

The crew of the hotel is vey nice ...actually extreeemly nice and helpful.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

On arrival to Amalfi we didn't realise how far the hotel was from the town centre. So we had to catch another bus back up.

But once we got to the hotel there was a nice friendly welcoming waiting for us. We booked cheap because we booked through Hotwire (we didn't know what the hotel was when we booked it). Apparently our room had no view and didn't include breakfast. So they offered us a different room with an absolutely beautiful view and breakfast for an extra 50 euro each for the rest of the stay, and it was most certainly worth it!!!
The room was great! Good bed, bathroom was good, balcony was huge and the view was remarkable! The service was great, rooms were cleaned well each day and the common areas were always clean and tidy as well.
The breakfast was good, yes it is repetitive (bread, meat, fruit spread, nutella and yogurt) however I experienced this in pretty much all the other Italian hotels I stayed in too. Except at Hotel Bellevue the serve it too you at the table, which is nice. It is a fair bit of food though.
The staff also supplied us with free maps of the area with walking trails (a must by the way, views over Amalfi are incredible!!!), and information about where to eat in town.

The only con that we found was that The Bellevue was about a 20min walk uphill from Amalfi. The only problem with this is that because you can't take food to your room you have to walk down for Lunch and Dinner each day. It's fine if your in town between Lunch and Dinner, but if you just want to relax in your room it gets tiring. Plus at night, the walk back up is either along the road, or up flights of stairs which are not lit (mind you, gelato makes it a whole lot easier).

We had a great stay and would return if we where in Amalfi.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ıstanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stay 4 nights in this lovely hotel. it is actually 3 star but looks like four star. the view from the balcony is excellent. the rooms clean and confortable. the lobby is perfectly decorated with special pieces.professional owner and staff. special thanks to Tommaso,Anthony and Manu.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

After arriving at Amalfi my first reaction was that the hotel was a long way from the centre of town.the owner assured us that buses were frequent ,it was only a short walk into town and he would take us for 6 euro...not bad,so we thought! The room was pleasant enough with a terrace,tv only had a few stations that got reception. We decided to walk into Amalfi ...25 mins later in searing heat! We soon discovered that the taxis did not like hotel Bellevue because of his cheap taxi service but one relented and took us back for ten euros.next morning we asked for taxi service- he was too busy!!! Wait for bus!!! It will take too long to take you!!! So we walked into town,battled the traffic,beat the bus,found another hotel and checked out the next morning! A disappointing start to our holiday. Promises lies.because we were leaving my husband was not even offered gluten free options for breakfast and he is a celiac.no apologies offered.we checked in to hotel bussola across from harbour and it was cheaper with great service and their own little beach!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Bellevue Suites? Share your experiences!