Do you remember when you were a child and you were scolded for making crumbs all over the floor or of being shamed for spilling yet another glass of milk all over the couch?
Well, if you don't, you should definitely try staying at hotel Bellevue Suite in Amalfi. It's the perfect place for a Dickensian true living fantasy with the owner of the hotel playing the role of "Mr Fagin".
The only problem is that you are not a child anymore and that you are paying a considerable sum of money for being treated like a customer and not like brat in need of education.
And yet as soon as you'll arrive here you'll be feeling quite a lot like the unfortunate Oliver Twist:
- you will be told what to eat - the breakfast is absolutely the same every single day and even if you are willing to pay for something else you wouldn't have this choice.
- in what quantities to eat - a couple slices of cheese and ham, 6 slices of bread, 2 croissants, 2 fruit yogurts, some fruit jam and nutella. All this "enormous" quantity of food is for an adult couple. It seems that the owner of the hotel insists to take care of your silhouette.
- how to eat - God forbid to have the fantasy of drinking your coffee in your room - "Mr Fagin" will most definitely see you and he will forbid you to take the cup of coffee by yourself. Apparently he is very emotional attached by the carpet and considers, as I told you before, that every tourist is a poor, imbecile brat ready to damage his property. So one of the hotel employees will bring you the coffee or the whole breakfast (for an extra 10 euros per couple).
- you'll have to be always prepared for being disturbed by the housekeepers. There isn't any "do not disturb" sign.
On a positive side the rooms are clean, the employees are nice (I assume that with such an employer you wouldn't have the courage of blinking without permission) and compared with other Italian hotels the price is decent.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Bellevue Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Bellevue Amalfi