“Nice Hotel but terrible room” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel Bellevue Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Mauro Comite, 26, 84011 Amalfi, Italy   |
Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Amalfi
Helsinki, Finland
“Nice Hotel but terrible room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We booked our stay through Hotels.com. We booked a standard room with sea view but we ended up being placed in a room that had a window to a approx. 10 m² covered courtyard and it was very dark. Otherwise the hotel seemed quite nice. The roof terrace had beautiful view but wasn't equipped properly. It was weird that it was strongly emphasized everywhere in the hotel that the customers were not allowed to bring own beverages or food to the room. On the other hand the drinks it the minibar were not that expensive. The breakfast was ok.
All in all our experience may have been better if we would have got a better room but the hotel was fully booked. If you you decide to stay at this hotel make sure to get a room with a window facing outside the building.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Gothenburg, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Bellevue for five nights in July 2013 while we visited the Amalfi coast. There were three of us staying in the room and we found it to be a good size with the rooms being cleaned thoroughly each day. The beds were comfortable enough, but I could feel some of the metal springs and of course, hotel beds are never as good as one's own. The only issue I had with the room was on the second last night I had a lot of trouble sleeping due to some other guests upstairs hosting some sort of little party. I could hear everything including them using the bathroom!! The staff at the hotel were friendly, and I found the man who I think might be Indian to be quite helpful. The hotel is in a decent location looking out to the ocean, however, it is a bit of a walk from the town of Amalfi or to the beaches nearby. I didn't have any problems with the walk but it is up a hill so if you are unfit I suggest taking a taxi or staying elsewhere. The hotel offered parking which was great seeing as we had a rental car and it is tough to find a parking spot in the area. Breakfast was included and this was ok, however, it became a little tiresome being served the same breakfast every day (croissants, bread, ham, cheese, yoghurt, juice, tea or coffee). I usually eat a lot of fruit for breakfast and this was lacking. I would recommend this hotel to others wishing to visit. I believe it is a three star hotel and that is what you should expect.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the ocean then you need to book this otherwise you will not have a view at all...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was the best place to celebrate my 50th birthday. Everything was perfect: the Caprese, the limoncello, the room, the balcony, the service, the views, the private Beach.... Thanks for a wonderful holiday!!!

• Stayed June 2013
northumberland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We spent three days at the Bellevue for my 60th birthday celebrations and what a gem of a place it was. Thomas, the owner, could not have done more to make our stay enjoyable, from driving us into town on several occasions to organising a private hire boat to take us to Capri on my birthday.
We upgraded to a suite with a fabulous balcony overlooking Amalfi Bay with scented jasmine and bougainvillea, sun loungers and table and chairs for relaxing. Absolutely perfect.
The breakfasts were lovely, we had free parking which is a real bonus in this part of the coast and views to die for. A great choice and memories which will last forever. Thank you, Thomas, for being such a great host.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the sea or get a suite - the views are spectacular.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed here for three days while visiting the Amalfy coast.
The Hotel is a ten minute walk from town, but it suited us perfectly. We had a car so availible parking is always an issue and the Hotel had free parking for Hotel guests. The staff were very helpful, the room was nice and had a great balcony overlooking the sea.
The location is excellent for visiting the Amalfy coast.

Room Tip: We always prefere a sea view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Corona, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I just returned from Roma after being in Amalfi for 7 nights at the Hotel Bellevue Suite. Once again my wife and I had a great time. Tomas and his son Antonio treated us like family and we always look forward to our return. We had rain for 3 of our 7 days there but we always find things to do. The Bellevue Suite is always clean and the rooms are really nice.. They have wi-fi so I can keep up with my personal bills, etc. I can't wait to return in September..

Room Tip: I always take a room with a view but even the ones in the back have patios. When I first went ther...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We have visited the hotel early May-2013 for 3 nights. We had one big room for 2 adults & 3 children. Room was very clean. Breakfast was great. Hotel parking was almost full and very crowded. The room had a great sea view. Although the hotel is located 2 km outside city center, it is very attractive.
Antonio, at the front desk was very kind and helpful as well as the other hotel crew.

Room Tip: All rooms are watching the main road. Take the higher floor.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Bellevue Suites? Share your experiences!