“Romantic Very good hotel with magnificent View Amalfi Coast” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Bellevue Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Mauro Comite, 26, 84011 Amalfi, Italy   |
Ranked #27 of 30 Hotels in Amalfi
Buren
“Romantic Very good hotel with magnificent View Amalfi Coast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

Hotel believue is a very nice hotel at the magnificent Amalfi cost.
The hotel is located just outside Amalfi and because of this quietly located.
Very nice rooms with terrace which offers you a fantastic view on the sea and harbor and mountains. The temperatures are very nice even in the winter. In the summer you enjoy your terrace until very late in the evening. Owners and staff are nice and very supportive in anything. Breakfast is good and more western European. Famous is the fresh juice which comes from the own garden of the hotel. Important is also that the hotel has an own parking.
The price/ quality relation is good. Hotel Bellevue is a good choice for summer, autumn, winter

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012 via mobile

We stayed some nights & enjoyed our stay. The owner family is very nice & helpful. We had a suite with sea view: very beautiful. But the hotel is located directly on side of the main road. This is no problem at night because their was not much transit, but during the day it may disturb if someone wants to stay in the hotel. Breakfast is simple & like the Italian way. The way to Amalfi center means some sportive action, but this quite normal in the Amalfi coast. We arrived by car & were happy with the included parking.

We recomend the hotel, especially as basis for trips around the Amalfi coast.

• Stayed January 2012
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

This is my second stay at this charming family-run hotel on the coastal road on a hill just outside of Amalfi. A spacious room with a flowered balcony overlooking the sea with a view of Amalfi, parking on-site, elevator, and a large breakfast room make for a perfect stay. Thomas, the owner and his family staff are gracious and helpful. I see from the other reviewers that I am not the only one who appreciate the care and beauty that they provide for their guests.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

We had reserved this room for a 3 night stay, but ended up checking out in 2 due to the lack of hospitality and micro management by the owner/manager. We did not go on vacation to be constantly watched by the old man. When two of our party of three went for a walk, our third member spotted him follow up all the way till we went around the curb. Crazy! We were rudely reminded to not to eat or drink anything in the room. Considering that this hotel does not have a full service restaurant, and that the town of Amalfi is a several hundred step trek, that wasn't very convenient. The beach was not open, which was not advertised. Breakfast was not a buffet, but rather some bread and cheese which was brought to your table. The rooms were a good size, with a good view, and that is the only reason we didn't check out the first time after the staff was rude.
My tip to the owner is that if you need to understand that people travel a great distance for their vacations. With the kind of snooping around, and rude behavior, you not only ruin your customer's adventure, but also rule out any chance of repeat business.

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2011

This hotel was absolutely amazing! I had never been to the amalfi coast before so I was skeptical as to what I would experience but Thomas and his family made me feel like I was right at home. This family run business is a vacationers paradise! When we first walked in I was welcomed by Thomas and his son! They came right up to us and showed us our room...which in my experience is unusual...most hotels tell you the room number and off you go. But not here...it is all about the personal feeling and they want to welcome you in and let you know that they are there to make your vacation special! We had taken a long and very EXPENSIVE taxi ride to get to the coast and I really appreciated when the staff at Bellevue told us that we could take a taxi back to Sorrento for only 60euro...all we had to do was tell them when we needed to leave and they would arrange it all for us! I really appreciated the fact that they told us this because they could have easily kept that to themselves! The view from the hotel is amazing and the outside of the hotel is kept in tip top shape. You can defiantly tell that they love what they do! The room was large and very nicely decorated..we did not have a view of the sea but it was nice and quiet and light with lots of natural light! The beds were extremely comfortable and super clean! The cleanliness is on that you will only find in a hotel that cares for it's customers and if they love what they do! I hoofed the fact that when you went down to the lobby children were sitting on the couches watching cartoons! That's when you know that family comes first (I believe the children were grandkids of Thomas but I might be wrong!) and I felt that I would have been welcomed with open arms to watch the tv show with the kids if I had asked! Thomas made this Hotel just sparkle with his personality and willingness to take us into town (I offered to pay him and he wouldn't take my money!) and to help us with anything we needed! If you need a good restaurant make sure to hit up Il Tari (they have business cards at the front desk and when we asked where it was they drive us to the main square!). The breakfast is superb! The food was tasty and the service was great...I enjoyed that Thomas showed us which table would be best suited for us and then sat us down and got us coffee! Now that is what I cake service! I can hardly wait to go back and visit with Thomas and stay in this hotel again! In my hometown I work in a family run business and I recognize the passion ofThomas and his son and I applaud all the work they have done to promote their business and to make you feel like part of their family! This would be my first and only choice of a place to stay in Amalfi and I can hardly wait to show my friends and family what the hotel looks like and for them to experience what I was able to!

Corona, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

I just returned last night 10/2011 from The Amalfi Coast and once again I Had the Pleasure of Staying at The Hotel Bellevue Suite. I returned this time with my son, and I have to say that the only way I can describe my stay at the Hotel is a Pleasure. I am somewhat picky about where I stay when I am on vacation, but I always look to stay at The Bellevue when I go to the Amalfi Coast. The last time I went with my wife and my cousin with her husband and they are looking to return with me once again in June. The owner will always make sure all of his guests are comfortable and does everything he can to recommend you to Amalfi's Best Restaurants and tell you where to go see some of the beautiful sights. The Hotel is spotless and staying there is a dream.

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2011

This hotel offers excellent value for money in Amalfi and is located within walking distance to the town center of Amalfi. The rooms are very clean, the staff is very friendly and helpful and one can plan day trips easily from here to Sorrento, Positano, Isle of capri, Ravello,Naples and Pompei. The hotel owner and his son were extremely helpful in making taxi arrangements for us when needed. We enjoyed the breakfast in a friendly setting. The rooms offered view of the Mediterranean and there was no noise at night once the balcony was shut. Owner Tomaso and his son are always there to provide guidance and look after all your needs. Thanks to both for a great Amalfi experience. We will be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Bellevue Suites? Share your experiences!