“Spacious room, balcony, spotlessly clean” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Bellevue Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Mauro Comite, 26, 84011 Amalfi, Italy   |
Ranked #25 of 30 hotels in Amalfi
Adelaide, Australia
“Spacious room, balcony, spotlessly clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

I stayed here for 3 nights. After some very small rooms during my month in Italy, my room here was very roomy, comfortable & spotless. The decor is white & blue & very refreshing. I had a seaview balcony room & I had expected to be over the water - not so, the hotel is situated on the other side of the road. However, when sitting on my balcony I could see the ocean & passing sea traffic & could also see Amalfi. There is a roof top terrace with sun lounges & better view of the town.
There is a strict 'no food/drinks in room' policy (which I knew about) but has a bar for drinks or coffee. The hotel recommends several restaurants in Amalfi, but I recommend 'La Preferita' which is only about 5 minutes away toward Amalfi (saves walking all way back up coast road in the dark). La Preferita is a delightful family run restaurant with excellent food (I ate here 3 nights).
I arrived by bus from Sorrento & was dropped off at the door. Hotel staff kindly drove me to Amalfi to catch my bus at the end of my stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo

329 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

Loved staying at this hotel. Very friendly and helpful owner of the hotel. Great view and priceless view from the balcony.
Just 10 minutes walk to the center of Amalfi.

Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Honolulu
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

We were made very comfortable by owner, Thomas. Rooms and the lobby are clean and good sized. Parking available right outside the front door, unlike a lot of the modest hotels. About two miles to city center.
The continental breakfast has the usual cold cuts and breads, but features delicious freshly squeezed orange juice from the ir own orchard.
Friendly Thomas provides many reliable recommendations on what to see in the area, timing to go to Capri, (great family run) restaurants, shopping, etc.
A good selection for those seeking middle=priced accomodations.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2011

Our stay was spoilt by the dishonesty of the hotel owner, Antonio. He took our money and promised to pay the fine for us for wrong parking. Evidently, he kept the money for his own use and now we have problems with the delay of payment. Being cheated like this is a great frustration.
Moreover, the atmosphere in the hotel is very unfriendly, there is no own beach, the location is not good.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and totally fall in love with this hotel. The best value for money hotel during my 2 weeks in Italy.

Room: Spacious and clean. The big balcony in front of the bed offers a breathtaking view of the sea. Its so relaxing to enjoy the spectacular view and sea breeze first thing in the morning.

Service: The staffs are helpful. Antonio is very nice. I am one of the gulity unprepared travellers. Whenever I ask him question, he will try his best to assist. He might not be very expressive, may not smile as much but this does not mean that he is unhelpful and not welcoming. I rather have someone that smile to me sincerely than to smile for the sake of smiling. I have no problem with that and find him very Italian, very cool.

Food: You get the same set of breakfast every day. Ham, cheese, biscuit, orange juice (this is super nice too!), coffee, croissant, bread. The portion is generous and the croissant is scrumptous! Its true that they have strict rules on food and drinks. I do not think you need to bring any food or drinks back to the room as good food is everywhere in Italy.

Location: Its about 10-15 mins walk from the bus station in the town area. With luggage, I would recommend you to take a cab to the hotel. Other than that, its a good walk to town.

I will definitely stay in this hotel again and would recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Calabria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2010

Stayed in this hotel 4 nights, 5 days, and had a mixed reaction to this establishment.

Location: The hotel is situated on the far side of the main road, not on the coast line side. You do have a great view, but it is not as dramatic as some of the other hotels on the other side of the street. It's also at LEAST a 20 minute walk to downtown. We are both 30 years old and very active sports players, so we walk at a brisk pace. Don't be fooled by the "10 minute" walks posted elsewhere. Or you can have the owner drive you down, for 6 euros each way...

No food/drink in the rooms. This isn't such a huge issue, unless you want to bring that bottle of water you bought in town with you. You can try to sneak it in, but don't let them catch you!!

I had a distinctly odd feeling that I was staying as a guest in someone's house (not in a good way!), rather than paying to stay in a vacation hotel. Rules posted everywhere, eyes following your every move, and being put in your place at a moments notice. We were told not to talk in the stairwell as there might be sleeping guests. We were not allowed to sit on a table for 4 because we were only 2: in a COMPLETELY EMPTY dinning room. We ate our entire breakfast without seeing another guest. So much for sitting near the window.

Breakfast consists of: 2 slices of salami, 2 slices of proscuito, 2 slices of bread. That's it. Sometimes you get a yogurt. The only thing I do credit to breakfast is the great juice or coffee.

The hotel is clean, and our room was cleaned each day perfectly. The bathroom had an odd smell, as mentioned in other posts, and I believe it might be due to the water being from a well?? It's a strange musky-mossy smell. Internet is 2 euro per hour, and they wont bring up the cable if you need one. He actually said they would prefer us to use the internet downstairs on wifi then in our room.

We payed 70 euro per night off season. If your budget allows it, stay elsewhere. Hotel Miramalfi is closer to downtown, right on the seaside cliffs, has a pool, free internet, free shuttle, and isn't that much more expensive than Bellevue.

Our advice: only stay here if you cannot afford elsewhere, and you get a great deal.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Quebec City, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

Clean hotel but the manager will raise your blood pressure which is not good while on vacation. No food or drinks in your room, no internet in the dining room, no buffet breakfast which means one coffee, one orange juice, one yogurt and so forth. Wifi will cost you. The thing is, the owner feels like you owe him big time even though you're paying with your hard earned money. A lot of other choices in Amalfi that will make you feel more welcome.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Bellevue Suites? Share your experiences!