“Not Worth the money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Residenza Sole

Save Saved
You added Residenza Sole to your Saves list
Residenza Sole
3.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Piazza Municipio Salita Sopramuro 4, 84011 Amalfi, Italy   |
Ranked #17 of 31 Amalfi B&B and Inns
Buenos Aires
“Not Worth the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

The hotel is nice, the rooms are big and spacy and very clean. But: it is very expensive for what they offer. Breakfast is poor, just a coffe and a croissant. We barely saw anybody there, even the day before our departure, I had to go to find a telephone to call the cell phone that was in a sign on the door, (luckily I had a phone card) to call the girl that had checked us because I wanted to pay since the next morning we would leave before breakfast (at 7 am). Yes, the car was brought to the piazza from the parking and we found the keys in a closet, but seemed like they didn't care about our needs.
We needed 3 separate beds. We found one double bed and one single. We asked for the beds to be separated and the girl told us that it would be done for the next day. No way, and the beds could have been separated.
I needed internet, this is one of the points I was sure to have. There was a laptop to be used, not always there (I had to call again finding a payphone for that) and even in the middle of it, the girl needed it so she asked me to use it. I had to stop doing what I was doing.
A pitty. Amalfi is a strnge place, interesting and with a special beauty. The hotel has everything to make you spend a great time, only if the owner pay attention to it, thing that was not at all in our feelings.

• Stayed August 2010

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business

Been to Residenza Sole? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Residenza Sole

Address: Piazza Municipio Salita Sopramuro 4, 84011 Amalfi, Italy
Location: Italy > Campania > Amalfi Coast > Amalfi
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #17 of 31 B&Bs / Inns in Amalfi
Hotel Class:3 star — Residenza Sole 3*
The B&B “Residenza Sole" is situated in the very central Piazza del Municipio (Town Hall Square), close to the magnificent cathedral, only a few meters from the sea and the main street.It’s very good located and allows our guests to get by foot around Amalfi and to reach the main square (Piazza Duomo) through the evocative alliways. It’s closed to the beach, but far from the city noises, for a relaxing and charming stay. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Residenza Sole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Residenza Sole, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.