“Great Amalfi restaurant!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 96 Restaurants in Amalfi
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Description: At 7 in the evening on 07/07/07 the doors to the Locanda del Marinaio were opened for the first time, the start of a new adventure and a dream come true.A project planned by a family from Amalfi with broad experience in the catering business. The idea of three brothers whose goal was to create a modern and original restaurant, completely different to those already in Amalfi.La Locanda is the ideal place to spend time with your friends, for a business meeting or a romantic dinner. You will be welcomed with the warmth traditional to Amalfi and with the attentive service of our staff who aim to create a pleasant atmosphere.Come and experience tradition with a modern taste.
“Great Amalfi restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We liked the look of Locanda del Marinaio so decided to give it a go, and what a great decision! We actually went a further 2 times & highly recommend the mixed seafood starter, also the capresse. The main course of tuna with seasame seeds was melt in the mouth & the pasta dishes were very flavoursome. Lovely homemade biscotti with our espresso too!
Looking forward to returning to this special restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Polish first
usa
“Loved it.. The chicken too.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner for 6 this week. The wait staff was so nice
and our food was really good. My teenage sons raved about the chicken and wanted me to get the recipe... Tried the sauce myself and loved it.. Subtle but flavorful. Maybe others had a bad night because we really enjoyed ourselves and recommend the restaurant and the staff.

kindberg
“Biancaffe;-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great restaurant, very kindly service und the best Caprese ever. I had been for one week in
Amalfi and I visited five time this restaurant. I'll come back again:-)

Christian

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ireland
“a lovely experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

we loved this restaurant - we had a most friendly and accommodating reception from the staff. The food was beautifully presented, a lovely combination of traditional and innovative dishes. The wine list is exceptionally good and well described. We went back again and our experience was equally excellent again, sorry that was our last night in Amalfi and that we had not had been there earlier!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maidstone
“Don't have the Chicken”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We went to this restaurant in June 2013. It looked lovely from the outside. The staff were welcoming and friendly. The starter was nice, but that is where it ended for me. For the main course, my partner had the fish and it was very good. I, however, made a poor choice with the chicken. It was bland and ordinary. It was even difficult to ascertain that it was actually chicken as it did not taste of anything. I asked for some salt and pepper (was given an odd look by the waiter at this request) but this did not help to liven up the food. In the end I left it. At the end when asking for the bill, the waiter enquired if there were any problems. When I told him it was bland and did not enjoy my main course, he seemed surprised that I did not enjoy the food that they had prepared, and just seemed to dismiss my observations.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere