“Loved it.. The chicken too.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 93 restaurants in Amalfi
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Description: At 7 in the evening on 07/07/07 the doors to the Locanda del Marinaio were opened for the first time, the start of a new adventure and a dream come true.A project planned by a family from Amalfi with broad experience in the catering business. The idea of three brothers whose goal was to create a modern and original restaurant, completely different to those already in Amalfi.La Locanda is the ideal place to spend time with your friends, for a business meeting or a romantic dinner. You will be welcomed with the warmth traditional to Amalfi and with the attentive service of our staff who aim to create a pleasant atmosphere.Come and experience tradition with a modern taste.
usa
“Loved it.. The chicken too.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner for 6 this week. The wait staff was so nice
and our food was really good. My teenage sons raved about the chicken and wanted me to get the recipe... Tried the sauce myself and loved it.. Subtle but flavorful. Maybe others had a bad night because we really enjoyed ourselves and recommend the restaurant and the staff.

81% Recommend
  • Polish first
kindberg
“Biancaffe;-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Great restaurant, very kindly service und the best Caprese ever. I had been for one week in
Amalfi and I visited five time this restaurant. I'll come back again:-)

Christian

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dublin, Ireland
“a lovely experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

we loved this restaurant - we had a most friendly and accommodating reception from the staff. The food was beautifully presented, a lovely combination of traditional and innovative dishes. The wine list is exceptionally good and well described. We went back again and our experience was equally excellent again, sorry that was our last night in Amalfi and that we had not had been there earlier!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maidstone
“Don't have the Chicken”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We went to this restaurant in June 2013. It looked lovely from the outside. The staff were welcoming and friendly. The starter was nice, but that is where it ended for me. For the main course, my partner had the fish and it was very good. I, however, made a poor choice with the chicken. It was bland and ordinary. It was even difficult to ascertain that it was actually chicken as it did not taste of anything. I asked for some salt and pepper (was given an odd look by the waiter at this request) but this did not help to liven up the food. In the end I left it. At the end when asking for the bill, the waiter enquired if there were any problems. When I told him it was bland and did not enjoy my main course, he seemed surprised that I did not enjoy the food that they had prepared, and just seemed to dismiss my observations.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Orata the best ever!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Today I had a craving for fish, so we stopped at Locanda del Marinalo and yes they did serve fresh fish. The recommendation was "Orata ai sale" which translated means Orata baked whole in rock salt. I had never heard of this but was told it was the best. The waiter brought a plate covered in rock salt too me. I was perplexed. Shall I debone for you?

This was a presentation in itself, the couple beside me were watching. I think it was the fact that there was so much rock salt covering this fish. They say it males the fish cook evenly throughout. Well It was the best fish i ever had. It was deboned for me served to perfection with a side dish of light herb oil.

The fish was hot, tender, and succulent. I ordered a side green salad, with tomatoes and drizzled a bit of balsamic vinegar and olive oil

My husband ordered a pizza of mushroom and sausage which was also very good.

We had the house white wine and draft beer, I prefer a very dry white and this house wine was perfect.

The servings sizes were plentiful, We did not have room for dessert.

We definitely we be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere